• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Faze

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    But aren't they essentially the same style? The games share more than half of the same Pokemon sprites, only the original 151 and Teddiursa are different. The subtle differences in style can easily be tweaked.

True, true, all very true. I think that mostly it's the colors he used, the shading style, and the outlines. I'm sure we can make changes that will render them completely normal alongside our current sprites.
    I don't know how to explain it, but the colors just feel too saturated, and the features too cartoonish.

Years
    I've been spriting RSE style... Better break that habit!

Here's Loamate. How does it look?
    Team Faze

I also had my own Fakemon idea, and decided to sprite it out of boredom.
    Team Faze

It's a Fire/Water pistol shrimp. The only name I could come up with is Torchrimp. It launch's fire out of its tail and pinchers. Would it fit in? I was planning an evolution.

Last edited:

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    I've been spriting RSE style... Better break that habit!

Here's Loamate. How does it look?
    Team Faze

I also had my own Fakemon idea, and decided to sprite it out of boredom.
    Team Faze

It's a Fire/Water pistol shrimp. The only name I could come up with is Torchrimp. It launch's fire out of its tail and pinchers. Would it fit in? I was planning an evolution.

Hmm, Loamate looks like its neck is unproportionately long, and we'll still need to find him a different palette, but overall I like the pose he's taking.
    And yes, I'm sure the pistol shrimp can find a place alongside the others. I'm curious to see the evolution.

Shadowyxz

Insert title here
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    Need anymore Spriters?
    ScreenName - Shadowyxz
    Position - Spriter
    Proof of Work - i sprited nipmig
    Team Faze

Other Projects - None really

Years
    • Seen today
    That sucks. How is it hindering MS Paint?
    Everything becomes slow.
    I also feel bad for not really doing anything for the past month.

I've done little spriting, due to a lack of inspiration and motivation.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    M'kay... As far as palette's go I used RSE Kanghaskan's skin for the skin, and Noctowl's wings for the plates. This time I used FRLG Kanghaskan and FRLG Drowzee.

Team Faze
    Team Faze

I also lowered the neck.

It's a definite improvement, although the shading feels a little off. Let me see what I can do about that...

Need anymore Spriters?
    ScreenName - Shadowyxz
    Position - Spriter
    Proof of Work - i sprited nipmig
    Team Faze

Other Projects - None really

We could always use more spriters, but we're kind of looking for a little higher quality than that.

Everything becomes slow.
    I also feel bad for not really doing anything for the past month.

I've done little spriting, due to a lack of inspiration and motivation.

Eh, don't worry about it, it's w/e. They'll get done eventually.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    well i could improve on the sprite if i had some suggestions

I'm not really good at this kind of thing. If you want C+C, I suggest you get together four sprites and head over to the Pixel Art section to make a thread.
    For starters, the colors are unpleasant. The outline doesn't look well-drawn, and the shading is average.

Kirbychu, I made some edits to Loamate. Sorry I didn't specify, but if you find 4th gen colors that will fit the sprite, use them. I just prefer the 3rd gen shading style.
    Team Faze

Platinum Slaking and Cubone

Last edited:

PokemonSkySD

Credit to Dots for the Avatar
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2010
    Team Faze

First sprite in a while, it is Uchirol the 2nd stage of the water starter.
    The spikes were a nightmare. :(

Moveset idea: -
    - Pin Missile
    - Spikes

To go with the 2nd and 3rd stage evolves.

EmberGryphon

Explodes on Contact
    Years
    I haven't done spriting in forever and a half, and I don't have a huge amount of experience, but I'm big on art in general and I don't think I'm terrible at the pixels. ^^() Plus, I love spriting from scratch and thoroughly enjoy fakemons, so why not apply to help out a game...?

ScreenName - EmberGryphon
    Position - Spriter... if you need any other sorts of art, for cutscenes or menu screens or whatever, I'd be happy to help with that, too.
    Proof of Work -
    Team Faze
    Team Faze
    Team Faze

My birds. <3
    Team Faze
    Team Faze
    Team Faze

Sprite/Backsprite/Icon of another fake of mine.
    Other Projects - None. ^^()

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    I haven't done spriting in forever and a half, and I don't have a huge amount of experience, but I'm big on art in general and I don't think I'm terrible at the pixels. ^^() Plus, I love spriting from scratch and thoroughly enjoy fakemons, so why not apply to help out a game...?

ScreenName - EmberGryphon
    Position - Spriter... if you need any other sorts of art, for cutscenes or menu screens or whatever, I'd be happy to help with that, too.
    Proof of Work -
    Team Faze
    Team Faze
    Team Faze

My birds. <3
    Team Faze
    Team Faze
    Team Faze

Sprite/Backsprite/Icon of another fake of mine.
    Other Projects - None. ^^()

Those birds looked familiar for some reason, so I scoured the Pixel Art section for any trace of them. I didn't find them, so I guess they're just that good. I can't tell you how many times people have posted fusions or stolen sprites as proof of work, so don't take offense that I had to check.
    Enthusiasm is something I look for, and if you say you love to sprite, I have no choice but to accept you. :D

EmberGryphon

Explodes on Contact
    Years
    *grins* I'm flattered, really. Adapting my art to an official style is tough for me, so hearing that my birdies look like fusions is a high compliment! =P

That said, I've started on Aerokine, tracing him from his original art and then changing a few details to make him look more sprite-ly. I'm sure there's plenty to be tweaked with him, so here's how he looks so far:
    Team Faze

Thoughts, anyone? I feel like something's off, but every time I change him he looks less like himself.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    *grins* I'm flattered, really. Adapting my art to an official style is tough for me, so hearing that my birdies look like fusions is a high compliment! =P

That said, I've started on Aerokine, tracing him from his original art and then changing a few details to make him look more sprite-ly. I'm sure there's plenty to be tweaked with him, so here's how he looks so far:
    Team Faze

Thoughts, anyone? I feel like something's off, but every time I change him he looks less like himself.

Aerokine looks pretty cool, almost too cool for a pokemon game/hack. I think the reason it feels a bit off is the lack of a distinctive outline on some parts and a more realistic shading style than Nintendo's spriters were willing to do. You're welcome to do three levels of shading with the main color. We've got 16 colors, minus the background, leaving 15 for us to work with. You could have five for the main body (three levels of shading for the filled in and two for the outline), four for the mane/back fur (two inner, two outline), and four for the wings (two inner, two outline), then we count the black and white for the eyes--fifteen colors, right there. Of course you're welcome to do it however you feel would look best, but just know that your sprite looks more badass than a normal pokemon sprite.

yppaz

new hero
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2011
    um guys sorry to bother you but i was just wondering, how does kadabra evolve in pokemon rijon adventures? thanks

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    um guys sorry to bother you but i was just wondering, how does kadabra evolve in pokemon rijon adventures? thanks

Considering I've never played it, I wouldn't know. You should go look for the Rijon Adventures help thread/guide.

Years
    • Seen today
    I have no inspiration/motivation to work on Anything. Not just Hacking, but most things in life.
    I'm sorry. Put me on the busy list or something. I'm going to a camp soon.

Curt_09

Also known as Chozo
    Years
    I have no inspiration/motivation to work on Anything. Not just Hacking, but most things in life.
    I'm sorry. Put me on the busy list or something. I'm going to a camp soon.

Okay. Hope you get motivated about life again. Have fun at camp.

TehSquidly

. . .
    Years
    Wow guys, this threads really come along! I got my laptop back along with other things but it being summer I have more free time. But with all your new spriters I'm not sure if you really need me anymore. I'd still like to try and get back in though. The most recent thing I've done is this:

Team Faze

I then attempted to sprite it.
    Team Faze
    Team Faze
    I couldn't get all the features in especially around the teeth and hair but I did my best.

Back