• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Fire Stone

GuyNDFan

Pokemon Light and Dark
Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    kk, ill get that done, also, heres the trainers:
    Team Fire Stone

i need a lot of edits, dont i?

Team Fire Stone
    Those trainers look really amazing, actually! The female trainer especially, great job!
    I hate to be so picky, but we might need a different pose for the professor on the left. There's just no way to make that arm look natural.

Ok, I have another request if you don't mind. Can you edit the banner and put our Team Rocket Guy and the heroine in there? And also, if you can, make the Female's side of the banner white and the Team Rocket's black with a dividng line of burgandy. That would be awesome, and it'd really make it look like it was Light VS. Dark.

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • so, no backgrounded? and yeah, ill get the prof. lol
    @Rio i like the hero's hair medium, reminds me of me lol, and I like it, its up to the owner tho

Banner will be updated

LOOK IN MY SIG FOR MY SITE!!!!!!!!

btw, what is burgandy? i feel like a n00B

Last edited:

GuyNDFan

Pokemon Light and Dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    so, no backgrounded? and yeah, ill get the prof. lol
    @Rio i like the hero's hair medium, reminds me of me lol, and I like it, its up to the owner tho

Banner will be updated

LOOK IN MY SIG FOR MY SITE!!!!!!!!

btw, what is burgandy? i feel like a n00B
    It's a darker shade of red. Like this color.

sean777

Poke veteren since red version
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Here, put these links in the front page if you want. These are the maps I've made so far, critique them please! lol

Starter Town: https://img20.imageshack.us/f/startermap.jpg
    Route 1(First Route): https://img80.imageshack.us/f/route1ap.jpg
    Route 1(Left Branch): https://img821.imageshack.us/f/route1left.jpg
    Route 1(Right Branch): https://img43.imageshack.us/f/route1right.jpg/

Hope you enjoy them, I did making them. Putting these here for easy reference.

Alrighty the first map is really good but down the bottom were the straight line of trees isnt great you should use a variety of trees so that the sizes vary so it doesnt look so straight and robotic so for the moment 7.5/10

The second map is also good but lacks playability as there is no dead ends that will frustrate the player the way you have made it means that the player can get through the map by walking in any direction and also you hardly ever see singular trees in a forrest so add more trees and create dead ends to make it difficult for the player so 7/10
    sorry if it sounds harsh but its just the way i see it :(

The third map look at the middle were you have bunched trees together making it difficult for the player to get thru thats what thed whole map should be like i said with the last one make it difficult so 7.5/10

The last one i like apart from the border and mabee make the trees in the middle more bunched together to make a path for the player and not just a straight walk thru as for the border youv done it like the origanal pokemon games straight and boxy look up natural mapping guides as they will teach you randomise trees on the border and in the middle so 7.5/10
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Right il look up a natural mapping guide for you :)

This is a working progress but the general idea can be seen in this map this would be the join from a grass rout heading up to a legendary city of stone were you could find the rock gym leader i hope you like the idea its for your hack and remember its a working progress :)

https://a.imageshack.us/img24/3088/rockandgrass.png

If you look at the right hand border thats what all the border in the grass area will look like :)

Last edited:

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • so what about the top of page fire stone logo?

also, SAVE MAPS AS PNG NOT F'N JPG

i could also do somthing like this, more original, less firered-ish, so, yeah
    i can place it all more like this if u want

Last edited:

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    @ redsaber

Those are pretty good title screens especialy the second one is that from your hack?

GuyNDFan

Pokemon Light and Dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    so what about the top of page fire stone logo?

also, SAVE MAPS AS PNG NOT F'N JPG

Team Fire Stone

i just felt like making this, yeah i know charizards got to go but i didnt feel like editing him out right now

Team Fire Stone

i could also do somthing like this, more original, less firered-ish, so, yeah
    i can place it all more like this if u want

That last image that you placed gave me an idea. It should have a red background that's like the first image, the female on the left and the male Rocket on the right, and could you put a Ninetails on her side and an Arcanine on his side (they both evolved by a fire stone)?

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    @ zach wat do u think of the map i posted?

redsaber5859

Banned
    Years
  • the other pokemon were too big to place, so i put flareon

here it is without flareon

wrong image, heres the good one

BTW, you have to credit me for the banner and title screen, i dont see made by redsaber5859 on the front page of fire stone, under the banner

Last edited:

GuyNDFan

Pokemon Light and Dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Team Fire Stone

the other pokemon were too big to place, so i put flareon
    Team Fire Stone

here it is without flareon

Team Fire Stone

wrong image, heres the good one

BTW, you have to credit me for the banner and title screen, i dont see made by redsaber5859 on the front page of fire stone, under the banner

Ok, the one without Flareon is fine.
    I'm sorry, I forgot to credit you. I'll do that right away.

sean777

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2014
    Thanks zach

fiiiiiiiiiiiiillllllllllllllllllllllllllller

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    Alrighty the first map is really good but down the bottom were the straight line of trees isnt great you should use a variety of trees so that the sizes vary so it doesnt look so straight and robotic so for the moment 7.5/10

The second map is also good but lacks playability as there is no dead ends that will frustrate the player the way you have made it means that the player can get through the map by walking in any direction and also you hardly ever see singular trees in a forrest so add more trees and create dead ends to make it difficult for the player so 7/10
    sorry if it sounds harsh but its just the way i see it :(

The third map look at the middle were you have bunched trees together making it difficult for the player to get thru thats what thed whole map should be like i said with the last one make it difficult so 7.5/10

The last one i like apart from the border and mabee make the trees in the middle more bunched together to make a path for the player and not just a straight walk thru as for the border youv done it like the origanal pokemon games straight and boxy look up natural mapping guides as they will teach you randomise trees on the border and in the middle so 7.5/10
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Right il look up a natural mapping guide for you :)

This is a working progress but the general idea can be seen in this map this would be the join from a grass rout heading up to a legendary city of stone were you could find the rock gym leader i hope you like the idea its for your hack and remember its a working progress :)

https://a.imageshack.us/img24/3088/rockandgrass.png

If you look at the right hand border thats what all the border in the grass area will look like :)

About the town: This is a border lol. The trees can easily be replaced with different ones anyway.

1. This is because I'm not trying to lead the player on this route. It branches off and on the two branching routes you will have to make a decision, therefore I'm not trying to lead the player to make a certain decision.

2. This isn't a forest lol, just a normal route.

3. I would rather not frustrate the player so much that it hurts.

4. There are paths for the players to follow. Not treed in paths mind you, because it isn't a forest, but paths nonetheless. I've never seen a landscaped route where trees just happen to follow the path lol :p

Thanks for the input though, I'll more than likely use it later on.
    Remember that everyone has different mapping ideas and ways to do it, and that just happens to be mine.

@Guy: If you'd prefer I redo them in certain ways just tell me anyway because now I feel like they suck :\

EDIT: Again about the Maps: I only have one actual tree and a nasty yellow one, as well as the skinny ones which I've incorporated into all of them. I can't put the yellow ones into a border as they don't have the overlapped tiles for them. Hope that clears it up a little.

Last edited:
    Years
  • So Zach after I read your PM, I decide to accept your offer so here is my application.

Position Wanted: Scripter, Sprite Inserter.
    Proof of Work: You already see what I did.
    Contact Information: VM/PM or my E-Mail/MSN adress: [email protected]

eight clock

Music Composer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2010
    Oh, Hi guys, I'm on the team I suppose. ANYWAYS, I find it proper to introduce each song with it's title and description, mind you all songs I post will be in .wav, I'll repost them when the time comes in .mid On to the only song for this hack I have
    Technical Foul: I tried all I could to make thi sound like a battle song, I think it's a failure, but none the less it's complete and there's something to say about that.
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=JQZTBQZU

Also, feel free to just give me a huge list of places in the game, that would give me enough ideas to make music for them.

RioKura

Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2010
    @Vince: Cool, we could use a sprite inserter :)
    @Eight: I like it, it could be used for boss battles.

GuyNDFan

Pokemon Light and Dark
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    So Zach after I read your PM, I decide to accept your offer so here is my application.

Position Wanted: Scripter, Sprite Inserter.
    Proof of Work: You already see what I did.
    Contact Information: VM/PM or my E-Mail/MSN adress: [email protected]
    Thank you very much for joining! When I enter your e-mail into MSN it says that you don't have net service or something like that...
    Anyways, mine is registered under [email protected]. You can also use that e-mail address to contact me if you need to.

Oh, Hi guys, I'm on the team I suppose. ANYWAYS, I find it proper to introduce each song with it's title and description, mind you all songs I post will be in .wav, I'll repost them when the time comes in .mid On to the only song for this hack I have
    Technical Foul: I tried all I could to make thi sound like a battle song, I think it's a failure, but none the less it's complete and there's something to say about that.
    https://www.megaupload.com/?d=JQZTBQZU

Also, feel free to just give me a huge list of places in the game, that would give me enough ideas to make music for them.
    I'll listen to that in a second, but if you check the very first post, we have a map of the starter town. I don't know if that will help you make music for it or not. As we begin to make more maps and name the areas in the game, I'll give you a detailed list.
    Also, do you have an MSN account? Mine is listed above.

@Eight Clock- That was actually really good! I can see that being a boss battle for sure!

Last edited:
    Back