• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Team for Elite Four

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
    Here is my problem....My team isnt ready for the elite four..Just Dewgong alone killed my Charizard and Half killed Vaporean.

Here is my team (Thought of using 3 legends so they could help me):

Note that my game is in Spanish so i dont know how to translate the natures and some attacks

Charizard
    Flamethrower
    Fireblast
    Dragon Claw
    Fly

Vaporean
    Aurora Beam
    Surf
    Hydro Pulse
    Quick Attack

Onix
    Earthquake
    Slam
    Iron Tail
    DragonBreath

Moltres
    Flamethrower
    Fire Spin
    Agility
    Some attack that protects it from fainting

Articuno
    Ice Beam
    Agility
    Haze
    Attack that identifies enemy

Zapdos
    Thunder Wave
    Drill Peck
    Agility
    Detect

Obviously they are not ready.

However, I have a low lvl Pikachu who is quite strong but is too low lvl for them
    Also have a Hypno and Dugtrio.

Thanks for any help

J3

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2008
    I gots tres questions

1.what Lv's are they ?

2.what game is Fire Red,Leaf Green,R,B,Y ??

3.Are youy playing on a rom ??
    i ask because if you are you could use a VBALink and trade all of your pokemon to an
    engilsh rom just wondin

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Here is my problem....My team isnt ready for the elite four..Just Dewgong alone killed my Charizard and Half killed Vaporean.

Here is my team (Thought of using 3 legends so they could help me):

Note that my game is in Spanish so i dont know how to translate the natures and some attacks

Charizard
    Flamethrower
    Fireblast
    Dragon Claw
    Fly

Remove Fly and Fire Blast. Replace with something like Sword Dance or Aerial Ace (both can be found I believe)

Vaporean
    Aurora Beam
    Surf
    Hydro Pulse
    Quick Attack

Remove Quick Attack for a stronger move, or a status altering move

Onix
    Earthquake
    Slam
    Iron Tail
    DragonBreath

Evolve into Steelix ASAP. Or just trade for one, the difference if huge. Plus, get rid of Iron Tail for Rock Slide.

Moltres
    Flamethrower
    Fire Spin
    Agility
    Some attack that protects it from fainting

Remove Agility and Fire Spin. Get some Bird like moves, like Aerial Ace and Drill Peck.

Articuno
    Ice Beam
    Agility
    Haze
    Attack that identifies enemy

Memory Reader? Remove it, and remove Haze and Agility. Get some bird moves.

Zapdos
    Thunder Wave
    Drill Peck
    Agility
    Detect

Remove Agility for Thunderbolt.

Obviously they are not ready.

However, I have a low lvl Pikachu who is quite strong but is too low lvl for them
    Also have a Hypno and Dugtrio.

Thanks for any help

To be honest, four flying types, 2 Pokemon with an ice move, 2 fire/flying Pokemon, bad movesets, and no posted levels/natures makes it impossible to give a good rating. Get rid of Articuno and Moltres, give Zapdos a better moveset, and try and evolve that Onyx.

Here are Pokemon you *should* use in place of Articuno/Moltres:

Vileplume, Exeggutor, or even Victreebel could help out majorly.

A Gengar, Alakazam, or heck, Slowbro (though not as reccomended as the formers) could do this team a helluva lot of good

You need a strong Psychic/Dark type to balance out your obvious weaknesses.

Level-wise, I'd train them up to the mid fifties, mid sixties if you keep these bad movesets :/

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    The missing moves are Endure and Mind Reader. I'm positive.

You need a strong Electric move or two to beat Lorelei. Thunderbolt is a good, reliable one you can get at the Game Corner. Buy it and put it on Zapdos. And get rid of Quick Attack on Vaporeon.

Charizard doesn't learn Swords Dance naturally and can't learn it until you beat the E4.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Aww darn. =/ That's a real good move for 'Zard.

solopy567

Giga....Drill....BREAKER! !!!!
    Years
    Well while i was waiting for a response, i replaced zapdos with a raichu i evolved from the pikachu i had.

Raichu lvl 51 with:
    Thunderbolt
    Thunder
    Rock smash
    Attack you get from LT. Surge

As a side note, for the psychic type you said, i have a hypno which is lvl 35 with:
    Confusion
    Psychic
    Flash
    Headbutt

And about the trading stuff...Its FireRed i have On GBA. And i cant trade with any of my other games without the ruby and the sapphire before the elite four
    Also, lvls of team now are:
    Charizard lvl 50 (Same moves)
    Vaporean lvl 44( same moves)
    Onix lvl 48 (same moves)
    Moltres lvl 50 (Same moves)
    Articuno lvl 50 (same moves)
    Raichu lvl 51( Moves listed above)

Last edited:

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    The move you get from Lt. Surge is Shock Wave.

Moltres and Charizard are almost the same. Ditch one for the Hypno with a better moveset (I can't give one because I recently learned I stink at any kind of moveset) because if you put either one of them against Bruno, them being Flying-types, most of his pokemon have Rock Tomb and will KO Moltres and Charizard. I learned this the hard way.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2008
    I think you should get an alakazam in level 50. He was so strong to me that he beat the whole elite alone, after being trained against the elite till he was level 65.

But you do have hypno, he should be enough if you train him stronger.

I also think you should have kept thunder (it's a move that zapdos already has, right?) for zapdos.

RenzokukenofCerberus

The Heart Break Kid
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen May 3, 2009
    Charizard is always solid but only use him against Exeggutor and Jynx. Dewgong and Cloyster usually fall easily to a decent powered Electric Pokemon with Thunderbolt. ( I prefer Zapdos over Raichu on that one)

Against Bruno you'd prolly like Vaporeon to be 50something just incase one of your birds gets KO'd and you're forced to switch to soemthing else. Vaporeon's big strength against him should be speed.

Agatha is easy to beat if you have a Psychic, Gengar, Arbok, Golbat (and the 5th Pokemon escapes me at the moment) but they are usually pushovers with a decent powered Psychic.

For Lance... Zapdos and Articuno... and maybe Vaporeon for his Aerodactyl.

And as for your rival.... well I can't remember exactly what he has, but I'm pretty sure he stats off with a Pidgeot...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Good move with removing Zapdos, but Articuno and Moltres HAVE to go. Charizard = Moltres basically. Flying/Fire means they share the same weakness and you want diversity am I right? Articuno is basically Vaporeon with less HP, so ditch 'Cuno for something more useful, preferably a Gengar.

In truth, get a Gengar and an Alakazam. Both are very good Pokemon to use and they both cover one another's weaknesses. Either one, at the right level, could solo Agatha.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    ...You can trade with other Fire Red/Leaf Green versions prior to the Elite 4's defeat.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Hypno isn't top notch, in fact, he's pretty weak.

Do any of your friends have FR/LG? Gengar would do extremely well here.

Back