• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Fortress 2

Years
  • [a id]tf2[/a id]

Contents

[alink id="intro"]I don't even know where to start with you.[/alink id]
    [alink id="join"]Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines...[/alink id]

FAQ

Team WUT?

Team Fortress 2 is the award winning sequel to the team-based game Team Fortress Classic, released in October 2007 as part of The Orange Box.
    Team Fortress 2 is powered by VALVe's Source engine and Steam.

What is this Steam?

Steam is a digital distribution service developed by VALVe. It was first introduced in late 2003 and has since gone on to become one of the largest digital distribution services on the PC.

Why on PCs? Why not on consoles?

TF2, while it has console versions is primarily a PC game coupled by the fact that it is the only version to (thus far) receive frequent updates, the choice seemed natural.

NEED A DISPENSER HERE!

Team Fortress 2

[a id]intro[/a id]

I don't even know where to start with you.

I mean, do you even know who you're talking to?

With the Scout update scheduled for release tomorrow I thought it was about time we kickstart some TF2 gaming marathons on PokéCommunity. A Steam group for PokéCommunity's users has been setup on Steam which can be used as a gathering place for PC users to find and organize TF2 (and other Steam games) events with other people who play these games on a regular basis.

[a id]join[/a id]

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines...

...and brother, I hurt people!

Want to get involved? Join PC's Steam group now and get into the fray!
    We need you to deliver the payload, capture the point and secure the enemy intelligence!

Do not fail us!

[alink id="tf2"]BONK![/alink id]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Yessss.

I didn't know anyone here had TF2. Playing with you guys is gonna be fun. O:

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    Sure, I could use some hours to boost my rating.

Any specific server you wanna play on?

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • I jump from server to server sweetie. XD Personally I would like to play CS:S or L4D. XD

On a side note, the link for the group has been reported to as a web forgery according to FireFox when I tried to join. I guess a spy is sapp'n your sentry...</bad joke>

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    I jump from server to server sweetie. XD Personally I would like to play CS:S or L4D. XD

On a side note, the link for the group has been reported to as a web forgery according to FireFox when I tried to join. I guess a spy is sapp'n your sentry...</bad joke>

Yeah, FireFox did the same to me earlier this morning. I reported the issue saying that it's indeed the official website.

If you don't want to see the message every time you try and do something on the site, go to Tools -> Options -> Security and uncheck "Tell me if the site I'm visiting is a suspected forgery."

Years
  • The web forgery report is indeed incorrect and it's affecting the entire SteamCommunity site.
    There should be a link at the bottom of the warning that allows you to access the site if you don't wish to turn off the phishing filter.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    The web forgery report is indeed incorrect and it's affecting the entire SteamCommunity site.
    There should be a link at the bottom of the warning that allows you to access the site if you don't wish to turn off the phishing filter.

Well, there is the little ignore button at the bottom of the forgery message, but you have to click it every time you refresh or go to a new page on the site, and that gets a bit tedious after awhile.

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
  • I have The Orange Box for the 360. And Valve are supposed to release a huge update for the 360 soon.*

*Soon is in Valve time, so in like 6 months to a year.

Flaming Pikachu

My Prices are Nice Nice Baby
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2009
    I have The Orange Box for the 360. And Valve are supposed to release a huge update for the 360 soon.*

*Soon is in Valve time, so in like 6 months to a year.

Just be glad you get updates. *holds up PS3 Orange Box*
    All the servers are in Europe now... Oh and it lags now.. badly...

I want the PC version, it's far superior. Also, Force-A-Nature.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • I got Orange box for the 360... Yeah, bad decision. I bought TF2 off steam today for the nice price of 10 bux though. I'll look into it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Yeah, it's only $10 on Steam right now but my computer refuses to run Portal so would I be correct in assuming it'll throw a fit with TF2 as well?

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Yeah, it's only $10 on Steam right now but my computer refuses to run Portal so would I be correct in assuming it'll throw a fit with TF2 as well?

Portal's a little more evil with graphics since it has all that...portal stuff...I would say if you can run Half Life 2 without killing yourself, then TF2 should be fine

Being said, the Sandman is definitely my favorite of the scout weapons, even if i don't get the double jump

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2016
    Drat, I only have the PS3 version.
    My computer is old and... well, it has a pretty crappy graphics card and whatnot...
    Maybe I'll get around to updating eventually... I do want to play the PC version of TF2 and L4D

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • Yeah, it's only $10 on Steam right now but my computer refuses to run Portal so would I be correct in assuming it'll throw a fit with TF2 as well?

I think TF2 has simpler textures than other source games considering the fact that it's all cartoony and isn't very detailed compared to Portal and Half-Life, a large battle in-game might still make it lag quite a bit though.

Back