• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Fortress 2

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
Years
  • I prefer to use the Buff Banner, at least on payload maps. It can really decide a push, and it's deadly when combined with an uber.

Jarate

The Jar Based Karate
    Years
  • I think the Gunboats are useful most anywhere. As they give you the ability to just Rocket Jump yourself across the map as transport, and have no fear for damage. Plus, Airborne assaults usually provide for interesting battles, and the Gunboats will help you win them by sending you there with more health.

What are everyone's thoughts on the Pain Train? On CP/Payload maps is it worth it to lose the Equalizer for escaping as Soldier, or the Ability to charge into the Point with the Skullcutter/Eyelander for the kill?

Kalsard

Looking for time travellers.
    Years
  • I don't know about the Pain Train. It doesn't have much of a special ability to it but take more damage. The faster cap is helpful I guess, but I never really found myself needing it. As for the gunboats, what happens when you're out of rocket ammo? I guess I could say things for every situation though. =\

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I don't know about the Pain Train. It doesn't have much of a special ability to it but take more damage. The faster cap is helpful I guess, but I never really found myself needing it. As for the gunboats, what happens when you're out of rocket ammo? I guess I could say things for every situation though. =\
    Wow, you have no idea.

The pain train is great on the demo because it essentially turns him into a "scout" - he can travel much further and faster than the Scout with his sticky bombs, and upon arriving at a point he can set up and defend it while capturing.

lol you'd switch to your melee weapon, duh.

Kalsard

Years
  • ><
    What if they aren't too close, I find myself using it many times when there is no time to reload and they are a decent distance away.
    And you set up a good reason to use the Pain Train, I might try using it some more. ^^

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • I much prefer the Headcutter, its speed nerf is nothing when you've got the Targe. It does increased damage and can crit too, unlike the Eyelander.

blaze_the_cat

Entire team is babies!
    Years
  • Huzzah! I went on Tf2 today, and i had found a Vintage Tyrolean. I crafted it with the Tippler's Tricorne, and got a Sergeant's Drill Hat! Win!

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • I finally got the Scottish Resistance through a drop today. It was the only weapon I hadn't gotten that came out in the WAR update. Too bad I hardly ever play demo.

Kalsard

Years
  • Demo is cool to play with. I mess around as a demoknight but I think stickies are still preferred.
    What about melee though?
    Would it be a good idea to replace the bottle with the axe if you're playing as a sticky Demo? The speed debuff is bad, but the damage might be useful...

Kalsard

Years
  • Hmm, wish there were more players in the Australia region. Most of the time servers are completely full or close to empty. =\
    There are a lot more servers in the U.S, obviously, but when I change my region from everywhere to Australia it goes from >548 to 43 .
    I guess 43 is enough, you can call me whiney though. :P
    Trying to find something to talk about after the sliced sandvich comment, how do I reply to that?

No, it's definitely sliced head off an eyelander...
    Eyelander vs Axe with Charge'n'Targe equipped?
    And do you think it's worthwhile to use Axe when not using Charge'n'Targe?
    The drop in speed is annoying, and I believe that you need to run fast with stickies, but I want to see someone else's opinion.
    Thanks for reading...if you even do. ^^

Zet

Years
  • Hmm, wish there were more players in the Australia region. Most of the time servers are completely full or close to empty. =\
    There are a lot more servers in the U.S, obviously, but when I change my region from everywhere to Australia it goes from >548 to 43 .
    I guess 43 is enough, you can call me whiney though. :P
    Trying to find something to talk about after the sliced sandvich comment, how do I reply to that?

No, it's definitely sliced head off an eyelander...
    Eyelander vs Axe with Charge'n'Targe equipped?
    And do you think it's worthwhile to use Axe when not using Charge'n'Targe?
    The drop in speed is annoying, and I believe that you need to run fast with stickies, but I want to see someone else's opinion.
    Thanks for reading...if you even do. ^^
    surf-infamous usually has quite a few aussie players.... and NZ players as well

Kalsard

Years
  • Yeah, I guess. I don't need 500 players to be playing on Australian servers. I see new people all the time (unless they're changing their username).
    Most of the time though, I just queue for instant respawn Max 2 Engi Dustbowl, although the instant respawn gives an advantage to red, sometimes I win on blue. :)
    Gotta hate that last Dustbowl map though with the bridge to the last point. =\
    That map always makes me feel sad.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Yeah it's almost impossible I mean you destroy one sentry good luck trying to get rid of the others. I think I could do with demo but I suck with demo anyways.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • I was extremely surprised that the BLU heavy didn't die in that video. The BLU heavy dies in EVERY video.

Back