• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Gemstone - Help Needed

bobalobalo

Aura Master
    Years
    Hello people reading this. I am Bobalobalo, and I am looking for a group of well dedicated peoples that are prepared to hack: Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald (these ROMs might change once we start and I get advice on them). Currently, I have no experience of ROM hacking what-so-ever, and have attempted to learn, but to no avail. I cannot understand the concepts, and so need a team there to help me. I am looking for someone with these characteristics:
    • Someone not afraid to help and give advice.
    • Someone VERY mature and can take things seriously.
    • Someone that is willing to help a n00b :D
    • Someone is hardworking and dedicated.
    • Someone that has a lot of experience, and is willing to rub some off on me.
    • Someone that is not prone to complaining.
    • Someone that also has a sense of humor :D
    You don't need all of those, because obviously no one is perfect. But I'd say to be eligible, you'd have to have at least 3 or 4.

I need a good hearted team, because I'm going to be asking A LOT of questions. And a team who is willing to make things that I can use (palettes, sprites, those other things that involve palettes). I say this because I will be making the whole entire map (hopefully), as in placing it, then going to have my team check it over and give me ALL their EXPERT opinions on it. I am very creative and happily obliged to do that, all the story line, all of what people say, and all the names (unless of course my team would like to do some of that themselves).

I need a dedicated team because, well, I'm planning on making a trilogy. And I intend to finish the whole trilogy, no matter the hardships. So I need a dedicated team to be able to do that. And hopefully by the end of the first one I will be able to do a lot myself.

Anyone interested in joining, you can either comment on this post your application, or you could email me at [email protected] (I know it's stupid ;D). The application is as follows:

Name:__________
    Work Expertise:____________
    How That Work Helps Me:_____________
    Contact information:____________
    Why You Want To Work For Me:_____________
    Examples Of Your Work:_____________
    How Long You've Been Doing It:____________
    First Language/Comprehension Of English:___________
    Thank you all for taking the time out of your day to read this, and thank you all who decided to pitch in and help the n00b!

The n00b - Bobalobalo

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Dude, I don't think you can just ask people who are good at hacking to do your work for you. You need to learn and find your strengths, before you do stuff like this.

bobalobalo

Aura Master
    Years
    Dude, I don't think you can just ask people who are good at hacking to do your work for you. You need to learn and find your strengths, before you do stuff like this.

.... I know. I already said that on my other post. What I meant, sorry that not all got it, is that AT THE TIME I didn't get it, and AT THE TIME it was too hard for me to do anything. I was implying that I WILL learn, just not soon after that post. ALSO, my computer is screwed up, and can't read half of the things I download, impairing my use. So YES, I will be learning, NO not within a week after the post or however long it's been -.- . So, don't be too quick to judge next time, thanks. I don't enjoy double posting things. I understand that you probably are unaware of my other post, but I'd like people to take action before they speak and criticize others. I understand the inconvenience to someone who probably understands how to hack, but we've all be n00bs before, correct? So let the n00b learn on his own time, the n00b shall out grow his n00biness eventually. I was just posting that due to my ideas coming to me at certain times and me needing a team, since I decided finally to do it after tons of time of speculating whether or not to do it, and whether or not this place was n00b friendly. But if you think I should just give up, why not say that instead of implying it. Something like "You shouldn't even attempt to do this if you're not prepared" would be nice. Thank-you for your insight though.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Hold on there. I'm not implying that you should quit, I'm just saying that you need to learn some more before you try to make a team, you need to find what you can/are capable of doing.

bobalobalo

Aura Master
    Years
    Don't worry, I don't intend to. I intend to learn. I've already got the basics of mapping down and am starting to learn tiling. So I am capable of mapping and inserting tiles (or whatever that's called) and editing/making tiles. Scripting....meh, I suck at it to be short. Good thing is, I got a scripter :D

Back