• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Guidance?

Years
  • I am just viewing some options for a team right now. Considering a lot of options. Working with a near blank slate lol. Give me some of your favorites. EV spreads, natures and abilities are definitely a plus. What I do plan to have on my team is this so far:

Metagross
    Hasty with Choice Band.
    252 HP 252 Attack 4 Defense.

Meteor Mash
    Zen Headbutt
    Bullet Punch
    Stealth Rock/Thunderpunch

dreyko

Isolated System.
    Years
  • If you want to use a Physical attacking Metagross the this is a decent start assuming this is Gen 6.

Metagross
    Adamant
    Clear Body
    @ Choice Band/Life orb
    252 HP/252 Attk/4 Def

Zen Headbutt
    Meteor mash
    Bullet Punch
    Earthquake/Pursuit

Metagross doesn't have access to SR or Thunder Punch this gen, but earthquake will suffice. Pursuit is for trapping.

zygardian harbinger

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    I'll put one suggestion in. I've discovered Charizard with Charizardite Y makes a good Special Sweeper, especially with Fire-type moves, since when you mega evo it, Charizard's ability changes to Drought. Drought changes the weather to sunlight, so the strategy I employ is when I have Charizard in with another Fire-type Pokemon, especially a Fire-type Tank, in Doubles or Triples, all of those Pokemon gain a good boost. It also reduces the damage your Fire-type Pokemon will receive from Water-type attacks. It did backfire on me once when an opponent used it to charge its Solar Beam and attack in the same turn. :/ Consider this:

Nature: Modest
    Item: Charizardite Y
    Ability: Blaze/Solar Power (Drought when Mega Evolved)
    EVs: 4 Defence/252 Special Attack/252 Speed
    Fire Blast
    Air Slash
    Hidden Power Grass/Substitute
    Roost

This set is normally for a Special Sweeper w/. Life Orb, but I think it can be effectively used with Charizard's Mega Evolution. Fire Blast and Air Slash both gain STAB with Charizard. Fire Blast can gain a significant boost with Drought in effect. Hidden Power Grass will provide more coverage, but Substitute can be used to absorb some damage while Charizard is using Roost to recover some HP.

Years
  • Changed my mind on my metagross. going with an agility/meteor mash/bullet punch/ zen headbutt set at 252 HP+ATT. I am primarily a dragon type user. Charizard Y is a probable on my team but I might switch it out for one of the other Megas.

Back