• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please, i dont know what to do

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    I am trying to make a team and i dont know the good elements of constructing a team
    i currently have 5 badges

here is what i got so far:
    manectric
    camerupt
    metang
    shelgon

i need a water type and a flying team

i also need to know if i should use a legendary and/or a starter pokemon

and what pokemon i should use and which ones are bad, also which moves are good to give to these pokemon

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    how about this

kyogre
    rayquaza
    metagross
    sceptile
    manetric
    camerupt

is that good and what movesets should i have them get when they are maximized

Ham

asdf tl;dr
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2006
    use smogon(see sig for link) and use less exclmation points.

if all else fails, level.

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    what do you mean by competitive teams

i battle tons of people in my apartments so i want to figure out a good team, that i like as well

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    Well competitive battling, also called the metagame, is netbattle. This program simulates pokemon battles, and you can choose you pokemon's moves, ev's, and even if its shiny or not. Is really hard, since you can litterally make the perfect pokemon. This program is called NETBATTLE.

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Don't we have a stickied post explaining how Competitive Battling works?

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    i dont know whether to battle with the best or with the pokemon i favor

i am confused

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    not neccesarily because those are people who only use legendaries, i know people like that

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    well are these good because i like them:
    camerupt
    manectric
    metagross
    sceptile
    salamence
    kyorgre or milotic or walrein or whiscash

thats my idea for my emerald team

Synchronize

Donphan: My Fourth Love
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 5, 2008
    Charizard_Master56 said:
    not neccesarily because those are people who only use legendaries, i know people like that

People who use ubers (which arent TRUE legendaries btw) aren't the best. They are either nubs who think they are good because they try and overpower with things like Kyogre, or advanced trainers who know to use ubers only in their respective metagame. People who use a team FULL of legendaries just fail, because any legendary can be taken down easily without support, which legendaries can not really provide each other. People who use a mix of OUs AND Legendaries are the good people, as they understand that Legendaries aren't powerhouses like ubers are, and can use them in a manner that shows that they are skillful in using them. Some battlers think that things like Zapdos are too powerful to battle and say using it means you have no skill. They're not nubs, they just don't understand, unfortunately. In addition, Celebi and Jirachi get thrown in the mix, and are mistaken as ubers (thanks alot Nintendo >_>), which they really aren't, and is proven so in battle when both get taken down at the same rate as any other legendary, which in turn can be taken down in the same rate as a regular OU.

.......And I seemed to have digressed from the main topic and made a rant >_>.

Charizard_Master56

Fire Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 23, 2008
    i really need help with the hidden power iv system, people try to explain it but i dont understand, do i need to tinker with its stats and use the iv calculator

Pax Deorum

I probably hate you
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2008
    Don't bother with Hidden Power and IVs ingame, it's extremely hard to get the IVs you want

Back