• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

team help! plz!!!

sh3rry

Dark<<< >>>Girl
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 26, 2004

im new to pokemon advance so dont insult my team, give suggestions and everything will be appreciated. sorry about the groudon ^^U, but groudon is the cutest ground pokemon so i dont care he's 00ber.
    [?]: is latios considered 00ber?
    [?]: is my team ou?
    [?]: why do you people hate kyogre? he's not so hard to beat
    [?]: how can i submit my own avatar?
    thx.

medicham@focus band
    lax nature
    - calm mind
    - bulk up
    - baton pass
    - recover

scarmory@chesto berry
    adamant nature
    - spikes
    - whirlwind
    - drill peck
    - toxic

groudon@chesto berry
    adamant nature
    - rest
    - earthquake
    - ancientpower
    - bulk up

latios@soul dew
    modest nature
    - psychic
    - calm mind
    - thunderbolt
    - recover

suicune@chesto berry
    modest nature
    - surf
    - ice beam
    - calm mind
    - rest

raikou@chesto berry
    modest nature
    - t-bolt
    - rest
    - crunch
    - sleep talk

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    [?]: how can i submit my own avatar?
    thx.

Go to "Your Conrol Panel" & click on "avatar". Now click "browse" & find what pic you want as your avvy from your "My Pictures" folder or whatever folder you keep your pictures in.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    if you're new to pokemon advance, check the pokemon advanced trainer's guide on how to build a reasonably good team first. If you manage to survive all those long paragraphs, you'll learn a lot about how the pokemon game functions in terms of team building.

But for someone who's an alien to RS, this looks rather promising for you to be a very good player in the future ^_^

latios tamer

i hate pokemon
    Years
    • Age 32
    • N/A
    • Seen Oct 14, 2005
    its a very good team, now me personally its not my tast but its still very good.
    my favorite 1 was latios not because he's my favorite pokemon ( wich he is) it just has a good ............... uh something to it ( i know that sounded wierd but hey its a critics life)

p.s. latios is considerd 00ber

Last edited:

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
    Quick look over, no time for specifics:
    Cham: Have either Psychic with calm or Hi Jump kick with bulk, not both.

Skarm: Rest over Drill peck, have a + def/SpD - spA nature.

Groundon: I might have had Jolly or something to boost speed, but sure...

Latios: Yes, Latios is an uber. Moveset's fine.

Suicune/Raikou: Unattainable in RS, so for now, they cannot count as part of a team. Also, Raikou, iirc, does not get sleep talk in RS.

Larry Koopa

The coolest of the Koopas
    Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2003
    Lets rate this team!

Medicham: drop bulk up, baton pass for brick break and and shadow ball. Focus band is to unreliable.
    7/10

Skarmory: Exellent!
    10/10

Groudon: Wheres solarbeam!? put that in there for ancient power. then, put in flamethrower and you'll have the standard
    7/10

Latios: You could use it as a pysical sweeper, but your moveset is just fine.
    10/10

Suicune: Great!
    10/10

Raikou: chesto berry does not work well with sleep talk, give it leftovers instead.
    9/10

BONUS
    +5 for having 3 pokemon with a score of ten.
    -5 for using too many legendarys

53/80 pokemon trainer

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    hmm... didn't realize that Raikou has sleep talk. That is a violation for Pokemon games. Raikou cannot get sleep talk because you can't trade back to GSC to get the tm.

Medicham- drop calm mind for brick break/hi jump kick. No pokemon should have absolutely no way to attack. Medicham is a baton passer and baton pass is pretty muchs stapled to this guy... DO NOT DROP IT. drop focus band for lum berry (opponents like to lead off with someone who can paralyze or burn you... lum berry will help). Get adamant nature.

Skarmory- drop toxic for rest for more staying power

Groudon- excellent! For once a so called "new player" realizes that flamethrower and solarbeam are not so great on Groudon (in fact rather crappy in comparison to earthquake and bulk up.) You can use return as well instead of ancientpower if you want (your choice)

Latios- good (but soul dew + Latios are considered too powerful... something to think about)

Suicune- good

Raikou- get roar instead of sleep talk (illegal) for pseudohazing which you'll really need

just too much legendaries and that's the only problem really. I think that you're really getting the hang of Ruby Sapphire. Keep up your good work!

sh3rry

Dark<<< >>>Girl
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 26, 2004

thanx a lot for helping me! i tried my team w/ my friends but they told me its full of 00bers and legendaries (but personally i think... when you use something good its awesome and when something good is used against you its cheap) so i modified my team :)

regice[fr0z3n]@leftovers
    calm(+spdef-atk) nature
    {clear body}<stats cannot be lowered>
    - ice beam
    - thunderbolt
    - rest
    - toxic
    [hp-132/atk-0/spatk-126/spd-0/def-0/spdef-252]
    i like him because he has insane spdef and 2 of the most important moves in the game: ice beam and thunderbolt, rest is for recovery and toxic... well... toxic is toxic O_o

skarmory[ir0n-wyn9]m@leftovers
    impish(+def-spatk) nature
    {keen eye}<accuracy cannot be reduced>
    - spikes
    - roar
    - drill peck
    - rest
    [hp-252/atk-0/spatk-0/spd-6/def-252/spdef-0]
    uh, i know skarm is ou, i had him in my g/s/c so i feel kind of weird w/o skarm

starmie[s74rry-w4y]@leftovers
    modest(+spatk-atk) nature
    {natural cure}<when withdrawn all status ailments are healed>
    - thunderbolt
    - ice beam
    - recover
    - surf
    [hp-6/atk-0/spatk-252/spd-252/def-0/spdef-0]
    my sp sweeper, if you want me to add rapid spin here at least say over which move

blissey[pink-63lly]f@leftovers
    calm(+spdef-atk) nature
    {serene grace}<all attacks' effect %s are doubled>
    - heal bell
    - softboiled
    - reflect
    - ice beam
    [hp-252/atk-0/spatk-6/spd-0/def-0/spdef-252]
    she heals my resting pokemon (thats why i dont need chestorest) and abuses ice beam + serene grace, reflect because her defense is really poor

gengar[l0s7-s0u1]m@leftovers
    modest(+spatk-atk) nature
    {levitate}<unnafected by ground type moves>
    - thunderbolt
    - haze
    - psychic
    - w-o-w
    [hp-6/atk-0/spatk-252/spd-252/def-0/spdef-0]
    thunderbolt because i like it, w-o-w because it reduces attack, psychic... i dont know why ?? and haze because its haze... what i like of gengar is that he's immune to 3 types: ground, fighting and normal.

machamp[m394-punch]m@leftovers
    adamant(+atk-spatk) nature
    {guts}<atk is multiplied x1.5 when affected by a status ailment>
    - brick break
    - earthquake/rest
    - bulk up/rest
    - rock slide
    [hp-129/atk-252/spatk-0/spd-0/def-0/spdef-129]
    i need help here, if you really think rest is necessary tell me over which move and why

rayquaza[3x0dus]@chesto berry
    adamant(+atk-spatk) nature
    {air lock}<negated weather effects>
    - dragon dance
    - rest
    - aerial ace
    - earthquake
    [hp-6/atk-252/spatk-0/spd-252/def-0/spdef-0]
    yeah, i have 7 pokemon, rayquaza is my x-tra (used sometimes 4 fun), i use him because he's my fav poke plus hes a shiny. first dd then rest. chesto rest is needed here because if i switch to blissey my dds will be lost

team weaknesses (w/o rayquaza)
    fire II
    electric II
    grass I
    fighting II
    flying I
    psychic II
    bug I
    rock I
    ghost II
    dark II
    steel I