• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team [insert cool name here] is recruiting members for the most inspiring hack ever

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Hello,
    I'm Wiro. I've been on and off into rom hacking for about 4 years now, but never done a bigger project. Most of the time the hacks have failed due to my lack of knowledge (and maybe interest in learning enough) in scripting. I am studying to become an graphical artist and designer, and that is also my strongest part on this field (i.e. mapping and spriting).

Here I present the idea of a new pokemon game that you can be part of. I don't know what the name should be, but something similar to the original games.

Some kind of storyline and features:

[Player] is a new student at the pokemon academy in the region [name]. As a part of the exam the player has to explore the region accompanied with a pokemon. Part of the game will also be at the academy in form of quizzes and stuff. There will be more HMs and they will have a bigger role outside of battle, for example rock smash will be used for mining in some caves (mines). The basic town structure will also be different and varying between towns/cities; gym, pokemon center, drugstore (potion, antidote, protein etc.), hunter/military shop (pokeballs, TMs),

Another possible idea that I'm not sure about yet is that there would be a war between two countries (the ordinary and another region) and instead of team rocket it would be spies etc. of the other country's army.

"Hello and welcome to the world of POKÉMON! I am PROFESSOR [name of a tree that hasn't yet been used] and I'll be your instructor this semester! This world is inhabited by creatures called POKÉMON! For some people, POKÉMON are pets. Others use them for fights. As for myself...I studied the physics of POKÉMON MOVES for my Ph.D, but most of my time goes to teaching at the academy." -the "professor" of the game

So what I need is a good team consisting of some decent scripters and one or two mapper to help me out.
    Please send a free form application as a reply or fill out the template form below
    Code:
    Name: (username/nickname)
    Role: (scripter, mapper...)
    Experience: (years?)
    Proof of work: (optional, some previous work that you like to showcase to ensure that you're trustworthy)
    Contact info: (preferably msn or skype)
    Availability: (how much time per week are you willing to dedicate to this project)
    There is no actual requirements for the work, other than basic (or a bit better) know-how on the applied field.

Team currently
    Wiro - Art Director, Story and Project leader
    Pikakitten - Global
    Hacks0rus - Scripter/Mapper
    Kobus Netten - Story/Ideas

And as you can see much is still open and undecided for example with the names so all kind of suggestions are welcome.

(Thread will be updated with graphics asap)

Last edited:

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years
  • App

I'm a member on PC who feels like helping people accomplish their hacks.
    I've seen a bunch of hacks, teams, etc. that almost finish or have good ideas but quit. So, I want to help especially because you have hope. So I'll fill you in on me.
    ROM Hacker for 2-3 yrs
    PC Member 1 yr
    Can Script, Sprite, Draw (On paper and on paint.exe), Figure things out quickly, make a title screen and insert it, map, etc.
    So, I'm going to fill my app now.

Name: Pika/Pikakitten
    Role: Everything
    Experience: 2-3
    Proof of work:I'm on a school computer so i'll send it when I get to mine
    Contact info: [email protected] Google+ (Brian Corona) Youtube (Supermeowzy) Pokecommunity (Duh)
    Availability: Most of the time i'm on

Hacks0rus

Monster Raving Looney
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2012
    Hello there Mr. Wiro.
    I've been around this forum for close(ish) to a year now, and enjoy helping out others in the forum (usually in script help thread).
    I've never helped out in or joined a team and a solo project is too much work right now.

Name: Richard/Hacks0rus
    Role: Scripting (although I can do a bit of mapping)
    Experience: close to a year
    Proof of work: I can PM you a copy of a ROM i'm hacking right now
    Contact info: Skype: richard.lindsay50 email: [email protected]
    Availability: Plenty of time available per week (usually can do at least 1-2hrs per weekday and lots more on weekends)

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    All right guys you're in. Awesome. I'll add both of you so we can see how we are gonna do this.

And to anyone else, you can still apply, even with just a small role or limited time.

Hacks0rus

Monster Raving Looney
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2012
    Excellent, great to be aboard :)

Pikakitten, I recommend you get skype so we all have the same form of communication, and skypes relatively useful in that respect.

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
    Years

yea i'll get a skype (i need one anyway :P)
    You can't pm attachments and you shouldn't post ROMS so make an .ips or something
    All right so wat should I work on?

Sincerely
    ~The one and only PikakittenX

Hacks0rus

Monster Raving Looney
    Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2012
    yea i'll get a skype (i need one anyway :P)
    You can't pm attachments and you shouldn't post ROMS so make an .ips or something
    All right so wat should I work on?

Sincerely
    ~The one and only PikakittenX

I pm'ed him a link to a .ips patch I made, so its all good.

Before we start work we need to think of the surrounding idea, story etc, then we can get to work making the maps.
    We'll have to discuss our story ideas, make something concrete to build upon first though.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Sorry guys i've been away a bit, hope you're still in though. Exams finishing this weeks so we can begin big time!
    If we could have a group chat on skype so we could decide what we begin with and I have a few ideas that I still need to show.
    ~Wiro

edit: hacks0rus I never figured out what rom that ips was based on :SS

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Name: Kobus Netten
    Role: Thinker and Tester
    Experience: ..?
    Proof of work: I did help with some hacks with thinking ( not on PC )
    Contact info: [email protected]
    Availability: 24/7.

Years
  • Name:nobitanobi21
    Role:Scripter
    Experience: 11 months(not sure,estimated only)
    Proof of Work:I've been hacking a ROM for 1 month and my favorite part is scripting.I think it is the easiest job in rom hacking.
    Contact info:Skype:haibara95 Email:[email protected]
    Availability: The rest of summer vacation.

Last edited:

ShockHERO

#TeamSonia Member
    Years
  • Name:Zerks or Zerkrom the Hedgehog
    Role:Beta Tester and Idea Person
    Experience: 3 and almost a half years
    Proof of Work:Go to Team Shine an dlook at my ideas.
    Contact info: [email protected]
    Availability: Every Day

also all i ask is that som epeople join my new team

Last edited:
    Back