• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Mystic Hip Hop Mixtape

YungVoid

Soulless & Trill
Years
  • Age 33
  • NYC
  • Seen Jul 28, 2016
Hey what's up guys,

I'm new here and just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been a Poke-fan since Gen 1, spent my childhood gameshark hacking and duping rare candies to get level 100s. Played all the way till Gen 4, and did a lot of competitive Shoddy Battle which was great and stopped playing until GO came out. Of course, this wonderful world has always been in my subconscious and influenced everything I do. In my spare time I make music and me and my squad rep Team Mystic pretty hard so it was only natural that we create a Team Mystic themed mixtape, which is the project I would like to share with you guys.

This Mixtape is titled "Winter Is Coming" and features 7 songs. The overall sound is Hip Hop at it's core, but it's a mix of Trap, Sing-Rapping, and Pop aesthetics, with some more experimental songs towards the end. My vocal style is kinda unique for Hip Hop as I tend to do a lot of sing rapping but more high pitched since I'm very influenced by Post-Hardcore and Prog stuff like The Mars Volta, etc. Also I say a lot of silly shit cuz life is kinda a joke anyway. As such, I realize this project might not be everyone's cup of tea or traditionally what one would expect but nonetheless I am open and excited to see any reactions the Poke-community may have to it. I spent the last two weeks working on this so I am very proud of the result nonetheless so even if the world hates I still bump it and enjoy it every day.

Here is the Mixtape:
https://soundcloud.com/maxxgawd/sets/winter-is-coming

Below is a track by track breakdown of the songs:

1. Winter's Wrath - The typical amped up starter song, but had to add a cold touch and vibe to it of course to make it Mystic. This song is mostly just about Mystic pride and how trill we are and features a verse from my friend and fellow Mystic Snow Tone as well as a bunch of random adlibs from whatever people were in the room when it was created.

2. Brilliant & Tame - This is the most aggressive song on the album and is basically just bragging about Poke-Leetness in general. The chorus vocals are screamed so some may find it jarring. Also it features a verse from my friend, yet Instinct rival Mish, as we both feel very Poke leet as OG Pokeballers.

3. Stardust Tears - This song is my sad poke-love song attempt. I wanted to make this song very feelsy. As such, it is a tad long as it has a winding verse from Snow Tone again but I think the lyrics can hit really hard for some.

4. Dark Timeline - My personal favorite. This song is about how I feel like the world we currently live in is sort of like a Dark Timeline with so many things going wrong. As such, the lyrics are about my general feeling of uneasiness with life sometimes and comparing it to some of the more hollow pokemon.

5. Dragon Rage - This song is more of a sing/rappy style song and is kinda like a battle track of what it is like when we would attack an enemy gym, as well as my own personal commentary on how sometimes I felt like a Magikarp and I yearn to be a Gyarados and destroy those who taunted me.

6. Instincteo & Mystiquette - This one is fun and features no vocals from me. It is basically a version of Romeo & Juliett applied to music with the words changed to make Pokemon metaphors. It is over a chill hip hop beat but sung by two of my friends who are musical theatre singers. The ending is a twist.

7. Make A Wish - This is a slow droney song that was inspired by When You Wish Upon A Star, which is one of my favorite songs ever. As such, this one is about wishing upon Jirachi and Staryu. The goal here is to seem like you are floating in a surreal space and my friend Yev Visao finishes it with a very abstract singing part.

Anyways if you read all this and listen to it. Thank you. Very much appreciate and am open to any feedback (and of course collaborations)

~ Max

Back