• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Near finished, Help on movesets and items

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2009
    that's a good-looking team to me! =D

but i think fortress would be better than cloyster

Angelic Diablo

Scyther >> You
    Years
    Ah ok, cuss isware whe ni use it he always goes into focus then waits till next turn. Maybe im thinking of something else.

What If i change my team a little. and drop duskinor and go with Mismagius, drop cloyster and go with Fortress/donphan, and drop kingler and go with Something like a Omastar

Focus Punch is a one turn move, but it appears to be a two turn move (especially when not really paying much attention). Reason being it works like this

Slaking tightens it's focus!
    Foe does something (causing status, using a stat up move, low accuracy move misses etc)
    Slaking used Focus Punch!

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    For the record, 480 IS the max. NOT 460 :/

Your wrong its 460.. his attack is 31 IV 's with max EV and its 460. Look on serubi if you dont belive me

Focus Punch is a one turn move, but it appears to be a two turn move (especially when not really paying much attention). Reason being it works like this

Slaking tightens it's focus!
    Foe does something (causing status, using a stat up move, low accuracy move misses etc)
    Slaking used Focus Punch!

Yea see i knew it, thats why im not using focus punch, if they hit me with something i will lose focus and go into loafing. That move sucks.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    Creepy avatar...

Don't EVER underestimate Focus Punch. I'll be blunt, its a move for the more experienced player. It must be used with upmost prediction, such as predicting the opponent will switch out, or predicting when the opponent will try to up their stats. Its difficult to pull off, but yery much worth it.

Years
    Creepy avatar...

Don't EVER underestimate Focus Punch. I'll be blunt, its a move for the more experienced player. It must be used with upmost prediction, such as predicting the opponent will switch out, or predicting when the opponent will try to up their stats. Its difficult to pull off, but yery much worth it.

Like sims said, don't use Focus Punch on a Pokemon if you're prediction skills are lacking. Slacking is already a Pokemon that you should really only use if you can out predict your opponent because of his ability that doesn't allow him to attack consecutively. So the trainer must be able to know if they are going to switch out, raise stats, etc. when using Slacking because he needs to get in there and take the Pokemon out on that first try or you'll leave yourself open.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Your wrong its 460.. his attack is 31 IV 's with max EV and its 460. Look on serubi if you dont belive me

If you'd bother to read my post you would've seen I mentioned I made a mistake :/ Way to NOT read.

Yea see i knew it, thats why im not using focus punch, if they hit me with something i will lose focus and go into loafing. That move sucks.

lol! Focus punch sucks! It does if you can't predict. It's called, "hitting a pokemon on the switch." Like skarmory. And you can switch when you loaf :/

Back