• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Onyx!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2018
    Before we start, I would just like to notify you all that there is a possibility that the teams name will be changed, so please let us know if you have a name suggestion!
    ____________________________________________Introduction
    >

Hello everybody, how are you all today?

My name is Jackson, and I am planning on creating a brand new Pokemon ROM Hacking Team, which will be named Pokemon Onyx.
    I am planning on creating a Pokemon ROM Hacks Team, along with a Pokemon ROM Hack!

If the team name (Team Onyx) does not change, the ROM hack we create will be called "Pokemon Onyx".

___________________________________________Requirements>

As Team Onyx is a100% non-profitable team, we are 100% FREE for all to join!

But just because we're free, that doesn't mean there are no requirements to join. Because we would like to be a 100% Successful team, we are only hiring the best of the best!

We currently require you to have the following to join Team Onyx:
    - Good mapping skills.
    We want people with good mapping skills so that the ROM hack is great fun, and looks very professional. The better your mapping skills, the greater the possibility and chance that you will make it into our team.
    - Good spriting skills.
    We want people with good spriting skills, so that our ROM looks professional. Lots of people around the world eventually just get sick of the original Pokemon Sprites, so that's why we need better ones!
    - Good coding skills.
    We want people with good coding skills, so they can make the ROM have great events, nice and smooth, etc. Coding is one of the main things needed to have a ROM work!
    - Beta Testers
    We are looking for good BETA testers, so they can tell us what we need to improve, what's wrong and not working, for more ideas, etc.
    - Idea generator
    We want somebody who can give us interesting, handy, spectacular, and great ideas for things that we can add into the Pokemon ROM. This is so that the game ends up as a success.

__________________________________________________Goals>

Team Onyx, and Pokemon Onyx both have many goals, such as the following:

- To have 100% success.
    - To have a perfect ROM, that everybody likes to play.
    - To have a ROM that people feel comfortable playing.
    - To make people working on our team feel like they are in a comfortable environment.
    - To improve peoples ROM Hacking Skills along the way of creating Pokemon Onyx.
    - To make a 100% free-to-play ROM.
    - Much more!

__________________________________________________Other>

I would just like you all to know, that I am a half decent webmaster. I can create a 100% fully functioning website for the team, the ROM, and the community to all have access to. I will be posting the future, and past updates on the ROM on the website (when I create it, of course), pictures, sneak peeks, etc.

_________________________________________________Contact>

Want to contact me?
    - The best way you can contact, or talk to me, is via MSN/WLM. My MSN/WLM account is: [email protected]
    I will be on MSN most of the time.
    - You can also email be, but it will take me much longer to get back to via email. You can email me at: [email protected]

________________________________________________Website>

I will be creating the website once we have a couple of more members on the team.

________________________________________________Members>

- Jackson (myself)

[Co Owner]
    - Currently Nobody

[Administrator]
    - Currently Nobody

[Moderator]
    - Currently Nobody

[Mappers]
    - Myself
    - Tranitar
    - Nobody Else

[Spriters]
    - Sometimes myself
    - Tranitar
    - Nobody Else

[Scripters]
    - PeregrineFig

[Beta-Testers]
    - Myself
    - Tranitar
    - Nobody Else

[Idea Generators]
    - Myself
    - LuciRuki
    - Nobody Else

_____________________________________________Registration>

Please register as a reply to this topic with the following application:

1) Age - Please, if you feel that you want to keep your age to yourself, DO SO. I do not want you going out of your comfort zone with personal details.
    2) What position you are applying for.
    3) Proof - you MUST have proof that you are good at the position that you are applying for. You will not be accepted as part of the team until you have proof.
    4) Have you worked on any other teams or ROM's before? If so, please say here - if not, you can skip this.
    5) Are you a dedicated person? Will you stay, help, and keep updated with the team at all times?
    6) Do you promise not to backstab, release, etc, anything or anybody on the team?

Thank you, and I wish you the best of luck with getting on Team Onyx!
    - Jackson McCarter, owner of Team Onyx.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2018
    Dear all,

Just letting you know that registration and applications are now open!

Thanks!
    - Jackson.

PureGoober

Minecrafter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2014
    1) Age - Not saying
    2) What position you are applying for - Mapper/BETA Tester/Spriter (Maybe)
    3) Proof - Will come later.
    4) Have you worked on any other teams or ROM's before? No. Not yet.
    I have done a minor FireRed hack, changing trainers, wild pokemon, and other little things.
    5) Are you a dedicated person? Will you stay, help, and keep updated with the team at all times? Yes, i'm very active.
    6) Do you promise not to backstab, release, etc, anything or anybody on the team? Yes.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2018
    I'll deeply consider accepting you, but for now I'll just wait until you can add proof.

That would be great if you could!

Thanks,
    Jackson.

Tranitar

Working on Pokémon Wraith
    Years
  • 1) Age - Not Important
    2) What position you are applying for. Mapper/Spriter Oh and Beta Tester alone side PureGoober
    3) Proof - Sent In Message (Too low amount to post a Picture/URL.
    4) Have you worked on any other teams or ROM's before? Only my own roms never on a team

5) Are you a dedicated person? Will you stay, help, and keep updated with the team at all times? Yes I am on Hourly
    6) Do you promise not to backstab, release, etc, anything or anybody on the team? Yes

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2018
    Alright.
    I want to know what map to show you.

Show me whatever map you like :)

Tranitar, I did not receive any messages from you. Maybe instead of posting the direct link, don't include the 'www' and '.com', so it's just photobucket img=-----, or whatever.

Hopefully that works!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2018
    I saw your work, it's alright I guess.

The only bad part was that it looked like it was just a dead end, leaded nowhere, but something like that could be very, very useful in our rom hack.

If it ended up leading to a cave of some sort, that would be great.

Also, may I just ask - do you know how to use different tilesets? And do you know how to create new tilesets?

Thanks,
    Jackson.

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2018
    Alright that's fine, congratulations though, you've been accepted!

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2018
    Great news; we are using Pokemon RUBY as our ROM Base!

Myself and Tranitar are currently working on the rom.

LuciRuki

#1 Janine Fan
    Years
  • 1) Age - I am 18 years old.
    2) What position you are applying for? Idea generator. I am fairly good with generating valid ideas, and making a game extremely interesting. I am also a skilled dialogue writer, name creator (pokemon and cities, routes and events) and can develop excellent in game teams for trainers, leaders, elite 4 members etc. So yeah >_<
    3) Proof - What kind of proof would you like? If you would like, you can check my threads for my spin on a pokemon game (Pokemon GLC) and my fan fiction for my proof that I can write reasonably well in the English language.
    4) Have you worked on any other teams or ROM's before? If so, please say here - if not, you can skip this.
    5) Are you a dedicated person? Will you stay, help, and keep updated with the team at all times? Of course I will stay. I am always on the computer, and if part of the team, am planning on coming to PC a LOT more frequently.
    6) Do you promise not to backstab, release, etc, anything or anybody on the team? Absolutely. That would be unfair to yourself, myself and anyone else involved with the project.

As for the Team name, the name doesn't really ring a bell but that doesn't matter. What I am not too fond of is the game being called Pokemon Onyx, as there has been other hacks with this title, and it doesn't seem that much more interesting. Give me a shout about your ideas and take on the developments of the game, and maybe we can devise a super-awesome-fantastical name that will win Pokemon - Hack of the Year :)

-LuciRuki-

Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2018
    Congratulations, I absolutely love your application and I would also love to have you on the team!

Accepted!

Great job :)

PeregrineFig

Starting Pokémon Obsidian
    Years
  • 1) I'm only 15, as the profile info says above.
    2) Scripting is my forte, though I can also do hexy stuff, mapping, and minor graphical editing.
    3) This is a starter script I wrote for another hack. (Don't steal it, anyone who was thinking about it, as it's not even my hack) It uses the three Pokeball system, but I used buffers and check-coordinate commands so you put the same script offset on all three events.
    Spoiler:

If that isn't enough proof let me know and I can show you a movement level script or something, my main hack has a couple 200-liners I wrote.
    4) I've been a part of several teams, but had to leave them because I was busy with other things. I have more free time now and I'm not working as hard on my main hack, so I'd like to join a team again. The old teams I was on were Darkrai's Shadow and Project Espeon.
    5) If I feel that the projects will be going somewhere, I can be a highly dedicated person. All I ask is that you please don't just bombard me with "Make 5 movement scripts pl0x", at least let me do something more entertaining, and I'll retain interest for a long time.
    6) Above all else I'm a very loyal person, so this should be the absolute least of your worries with me.

Now, I was wondering if if I'm accepted, my newest project could become one of the team's projects as a collective effort. I'm doing a lot of the groundwork, but I can't sprite to save my life, Sappy won't work on my computer, and there are a few other things I can't do. After I've made some progress I plan to make a hack thread, at which point I'll let you review my work and decide if you'll accept this request. Regardless of whether or not you accept this request, though, I'd still do work for any projects the team is working on. (Obviously this is all IF I'm accepted in the first place)

Back