• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Plasma? More like Team Chump.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Care to elaborate? Team Plasma is often considered to be more thought provoking and interesting than any other evil team in the series, so I'm curious to see your reasons. Unless you mean battle wise maybe? Then I could agree...not much to write home about...until that Ghetsis battle in BW. Holy hell.

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
    They were the scariest and most fascinating team to me. The fact that all that they had to do was make a speech to make people give up their pokemon was horrifying. That is what made them very distinctive from the likes of the other teams. Plus they are the only team to have a understandable and if you think about it, a pure leader. N's intentions were to live in a world where all pokemon were happy. In retrospect, that's a very noble cause. His plans were not the correct way to go about it, but his intentions were pure. This is why Team Plasma is so special to me. But in regards to battle? Yeah, basically chumps.

Years
    No, you see, they were there for the preservation of Obi-Wan Kenobi. Whence their name. Crossed circuits led to their limp-wristed fate.

Definitely, though, stuff like 'is Pokémon fighting cruel,' etc., was really standard and trite by then, and Plasma added almost nothing to this. That the series was by then reliant on portraying Pikachu, etc., as cute, and generally on fairly mild things like the anime, meant that they weren't going to rebuff Team Plasma that much for what they actually said, meant that they were effectively accepting the declining relevance of the series quite directly. It was also strange that people seemingly preferred Plasma to all of the previous teams, in seemingly assuming that these games were by default better rather than different and comparable on their own terms, especially since Plasma hardly made sense out of the significant context provided by the previous games. They are quite mild a Team, though, definitely.

Back