• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket..........still entertaining or annoying?

Should the anime keep Team Rocket?

• Total voters
    Years
    I can't stand what Team Rocket has become nowadays. A running gag that got old real quick. They are one of the reasons I don't even watch the show anymore. Retire Jessie, James and Meowth and let a new batch of evil doers who know how to be evil harass Ash and his friends. At least Pokemon Hunter J had the right idea. She wanted to get rid of Ash just to she could get rid of him when he tried to save the day. If new villains were more like her in some ways, the show would be better.

This is why we got Pokemon fanfiction. So, the day they get rid of those three, plus get rid of Brock's stupid flirting with girls crap, then I might come back and watch the show.

x Necromorph x

Super Saiyan 4
    Years
    I think they should make it so that Jesse, James, and Meowth join up with the group. After all the attempts and all the failures, I think they would have realized they suck by now.
    Thats just my opinion.

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
    I don't mind their prescene but I do believe their dialogue especially in the dub for D&P (only version I watch) is very poor and does them no favours. I'm not sure whether this is the fault of Original or whether the translation has gone horrible, but atm they speak to much in poetry with arbrtiarily thrown in large words which reduces their crediblity IMO.

I can bet you that the writers are regretting setting a precedent all the way back in Season 01 of including them in every episode over the 13 seasons. They just arn't needed in every single episode and appear for the sake of appearing at times. It'd take some balls I know at this stage but for the new B&W show, I'd like them to appear less frequently but with better storylines when they do appear.

I don't believe they need to actually be sucessful with stealing Pokemon either. Leave that to actual villians like Team Galaxy, Hunter Jay etc.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    When they were first introduced they were hilarious with there cross dressing and funny remarks as well as catchy theme and theme music. That was then but now they are just plain annoying. They can do anything right and everything they do fails. I like there determination but enough is enough. They gotta go.

Years
    So, the day they get rid of those three, plus get rid of Brock's stupid flirting with girls crap, then I might come back and watch the show.
    well apparently they're getting rid of Brock for black and white...

I do agree that team rocket has been getting more annoying lately. I don't mind if they stay, but I hope they'll be given something more than just "failing to catch pikachu and blasting off again". Personally, I think Jesse actually winning some pokemon contests was a nice twist for DP even though most of the time it was still repetitive.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I love Team Rocket, them and Ash are the best characters ever!
    Have Team Rocket stay as long as Ash is, which looks like will be the case ^^
    I find them to be very funny still, only time I find them annoying is when they take time away from an important battle in an league but that's about it.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    I have always loved Jessie and James. I voted for eveything other than them leaving. I think they should come back, steal a Pokemon, all the while Ash battling other villains. I mean, in the whole world of Pokemon, he should have a lot more people trying to steal that Pikachu that can take out a Golem along with two other Pokemon with one thunderbolt! ((I still can't get over that.))

Back