• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Secrets

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
  • Team Secrets

Introduction
    The reason for Team Secrets is to create a Fire Red hack that puts you in the role of an up-and-coming Team Rocket member. The game is set in a parallel universe. I created this team because I've always wanted a game based off of Team Rocket and seeing how Nintendo will probably never make one, and not many hacks cover the concept, I decided to learn some hacking skills and make one of my own. I would really love this game to become a reality and hopefully with a good team, it will.

Story
    Secrets of Team Rockets follow our young hero (or villain) on a quest to become a Team Rocket Executive (haven't thought of a name for the hero yet, but that's what Team are for!) You start off in Pallet Town where you are initiated into the Rocket gang by stealing a Pokemon from Professor Oak, who has just given away his first batch of Pokemon to aspiring trainers: Red, Green, and Leaf.

While on your quest, you hear rumors of a young boy who is causing Team Rocket all sorts of trouble. You are then tasked by Giovanni to wipe this boy from existence. While searching for this boy, you hear stories from trainers and associates about how this young boy is growing stronger each and every day. When the ultimate battle arrives, will you be victorious or will you fail just as every other Team Rocket member has? The choice is up to you.

NOTE
    This game won't be too hard to hack. A lot of the elements from the original ROM will remain in place because basically, you're following in the young boy's footsteps. However, it won't be just a matter of changing dialogue, etc. I also want to make it feel like a whole new game.

Positions Needed:
    Spriter (not urgently needed, but would be nice. someone with back sprite knowledge would be greatly appreciated)
    Scripter (would be very nice, as my scripting knowledge is kind of limited
    World Map Editor/Inserter: Urgently needed
    Title maker: nice, but not needed
    Tile Creator/Inserter: urgently needed
    Overworld Editor: urgently needed
    Sprite Inserter: urgently needed

Current Members:
    Rockman0: spriter, beginner scripter, title maker
    Microchip55: mapping

Current Projects:
    Pokemon Origins: Secrets of Team Rocket

Please, feel free to PM me with any questions. Let's make this game a reality! If this game is successful, then I would love to work on more Pokemon Origins series. Thank you for your time.

Sign-Up
    Position Wanted:
    Proof(prove that you can do the job):
    Past Experience:
    Contact Information:

Last edited:

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • Come on people! Join Team Secrets! I've already started on the work, and it would be much better if there was a team helping me out! JOIN! JOIN! JOIN!

Microchip55

I'm a crumb.
    Years
  • after i finish my school ill be willing to. i dont have a camera or a screen recorder so i dont have "proof". but i can make crappy ow sprites im good at mapping and somewhat good at scripting. and ill attach something im working on. i havent done much mapping or scripting(no spriting yet im gonna have someone do that for me) yet but i am definetly going to when i find time. ONLY ROCKMAN0 DOWNLOAD!!! i will have any position you put me up to. just pm me or email me from my profile or something.

Last edited:

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • Cool. You're IN!

Also, for proof, i mean, like any tiles or sprites you may have made. Any scripts you may have written. I would love it if you could help in scripting. I'm not sure if mapping will be big because it is in Kanto. But I may create a new town or something for team rocket only. (That is something in the works.) Also, are you able to make a ow that is running? I have some walking OWs that I made but I need someone to help with the running ones. That is all I can think of right now. Thanks a lot for applying.

EDIT: I recently finished the intro of the game. You know, the whole scenario of getting your Pokemon and Pokedex. However, I don't want it to be just editing text so, any suggestions you may have for the storyline would be awesome.

Last edited:

Microchip55

I'm a crumb.
    Years
  • Cool. You're IN!

Also, for proof, i mean, like any tiles or sprites you may have made. Any scripts you may have written. I would love it if you could help in scripting. I'm not sure if mapping will be big because it is in Kanto. But I may create a new town or something for team rocket only. (That is something in the works.) Also, are you able to make a ow that is running? I have some walking OWs that I made but I need someone to help with the running ones. That is all I can think of right now. Thanks a lot for applying.

EDIT: I recently finished the intro of the game. You know, the whole scenario of getting your Pokemon and Pokedex. However, I don't want it to be just editing text so, any suggestions you may have for the storyline would be awesome.
    sry i cant make running OW's. and my nocash gba is messin up so if i do get something done i might not be able to test(then again i have vba). i attatched a simple wild battle script idk HOW to prove that I made it but I DID. and for tiles well i havent made any but i like to mess around with there colors(btw i know how to insert them).

Years
  • (Wht i suggest is totally different from original story)
    [New Team]Team Spaceship-Boss-Ponfaw,pokemon type were all dark and psyhic,they search for mew for a long time.And gary was Team Spaceship's Grunt!
    [Suggest Starter pokemon]-Cyndaquil,Totodile,Chikorita
    [Why johto region starter?]-Professor Oak actually have Johto and Kanto region pokemon,and giovanni had stole it.
    [Suggest Story line]-We're Giovanni's Son/Daughter,WE LOVE POKEMON SO MUCH!When we are 10,GIOVANNI'S MEW HAS STOLEN BY TEAM SPACESHIP!!Giovanni ask us to bring back the MEW,and he gave us starter to start our journey,Our mission was to DEFEAT THE ANNOYING GARY,and FIND BACK THE MEW. We battle gym+elite four as normal,then when we fight gary,we ask them to give back our mew,When we won,HE ESCAPED! So we continue our journey,we battle the elite four second time-BLABLABLABLABLA.

Just tell me if you want me.

And yea,i am good in spriting,but i am using mac,so i just cant do spriting.

I can edit map too,but i dont know how to insert tile and Create tile.

Last edited:

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • (Wht i suggest is totally different from original story)
    [New Team]Team Spaceship-Boss-Ponfaw,pokemon type were all dark and psyhic,they search for mew for a long time.And gary was Team Spaceship's Grunt!
    [Suggest Starter pokemon]-Cyndaquil,Totodile,Chikorita
    [Why johto region starter?]-Professor Oak actually have Johto and Kanto region pokemon,and giovanni had stole it.
    [Suggest Story line]-We're Giovanni's Son/Daughter,WE LOVE POKEMON SO MUCH!When we are 10,GIOVANNI'S MEW HAS STOLEN BY TEAM SPACESHIP!!Giovanni ask us to bring back the MEW,and he gave us starter to start our journey,Our mission was to DEFEAT THE ANNOYING GARY,and FIND BACK THE MEW. We battle gym+elite four as normal,then when we fight gary,we ask them to give back our mew,When we won,HE ESCAPED! So we continue our journey,we battle the elite four second time-BLABLABLABLABLA.

Just tell me if you want me.

And yea,i am good in spriting,but i am using mac,so i just cant do spriting.

I can edit map too,but i dont know how to insert tile and Create tile.

It would be interesting to see how that plays out, but, I would like to finish our current project before we start a new one.

Also, why can't you do spriting on the mac? Is it because of file types or something? I can probably work around the problem because we'd love to have you on the team.

Years
  • erm,paintbrush for mac is not that good,or maybe i just dunno how to use it probably...

Advance map is okay,i can edit map :)

so,do you want me?

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • erm,paintbrush for mac is not that good,or maybe i just dunno how to use it probably...

Advance map is okay,i can edit map :)

so,do you want me?

I would love to accept you. We have one mapper already but I feel that it would probably be best to have two in that position. I just need some kind of proof that you can map. Like an IPS file with a map of yours hacked in and/or some tiles or something that you created. After that, I'll accept you.

Back