• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Swarm (Now recruiting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Team Swarm (Now Recruiting)

Team Swarm

Introduction
    I am creating this team to make hacks. This is the first hack I have ever started on my own. My friends and I are working on setting up a basic storyline for the game. I have helped to script parts of Dark Rising 2, and am currently helping to make Pokemon: The Legends of Azeon. I am looking for a group of very dedicated hackers to work on this hack with my friends and me. I recall when I was just starting to learn how to script. I know how hard it is to really learn. That is why this team will also contain some slots for aspiring hackers that have no experience, in addition to main slots. This team will become a close-knit group with one goal: Make Team Swarm's first hack. I love playing Pokemon hacks, and I feel that it is very hard to find a great completed hack. This is why I am going to keep an update log, as well as tell what we are working on. I am currently debating public betas, and may just restrict them to our beta testers. As the leader of this team, I will make sure that this hack is finished from start to finish. We will communicate over Skype, and share documents over Google Drive (Subject to change...). I hope that the fact that I have not been hacking as long as some of you does not stop you from applying. I hope to make a hack that rivals some of the best hacks... Or at least makes people laugh when they compare them... This hack is always open to criticism, but please MAKE IT CONSTRUCTIVE! If you shout at someone, it only lowers their ability. If you tell someone what they can do to fix something, they now can implement that into not just what they are asked to correct, but into all that they do.

Application Form
    Job Availability:
    Mappers: We really need mappers right now to begin to create the game's maps. The mappers who apply will have free reign over how to map the cities based off of a brief description of what they should be like.
    Spriters: We need someone who can insert sprites into the game. We also need new OWs and other sprites for the heroes.
    Tile Inserter: We could just use the current tiles, but having new ones would be pretty nice.

In order to apply, include the following information (If you are accepted, I may PM you for more info):

Name/Username:
    Applying For: (If you are applying for one of the positions for learning the basics, put a prefix of "Unexp" in front of your position. Ex: Unexp Scripter)
    Proof of Work: (Not necessary, but you are more likely to get the job with work.)
    Do you have Skype?: (y/n)
    Do you have a gmail?: (y/n)
    Time Zone: (If you do not feel comfortable with sharing it here, leave it blank and I will inquire by PM)

Team Members
    Patrick Symus- Leader, Main Scripter
    iiWUMBOii- Scripter

Current Projects
    NlablwE.gif

Pokemon Swarm
    100 years ago in the region of Yonte, an evil cult found the fossil of the Pokemon Kabutops. They attempted to revive it but failed, As a result the lab was destroyed and the cult deserted it. The fossil was found carried for miles and miles by another cult, Team Techno. One evening, the fossil was taken by a group of bug-type pokemon. The bugs brought the fossil to another abandoned lab and revived it. They later made Kabutops their master. Kabutops thrived, and took over the region of Yonte. Many have tried to rebel, but Kabutops's evil partners keep them in check and lock away rebellious people. Kabutops rules from his castle, the infamous Shield Tower. Slowly, but steadily, Kabutops has taken over the Yonte region. Now, no more wild pokemon exist outside of bugs... (Taken directly from first part of storyline... More to be revealed as we make progress/When you join the hack)​

Userbars:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    We really need some help to create this game. We are open to anyone who wants to join us. Please join and let us make a great hack.

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
    Years
  • I'm in!

Okay I am a new hacker so please you will have to bare with me
    Skills: Mapping I guess..
    Ow editing
    Pokemon editing
    Trainer editing
    Intro screens

I'd love to learn how to script
    And if you already have ow sprites send them to me

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I'm in!

Okay I am a new hacker so please you will have to bare with me
    Skills: Mapping I guess..
    Ow editing
    Pokemon editing
    Trainer editing
    Intro screens

I'd love to learn how to script
    And if you already have ow sprites send them to me
    You're in! If we hit a break, I could help you learn how to script... Could you PM me your Skype and your Google account names?

iiWUMBOii

I study wumbology
    Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2013
    Name: Peter
    Username: iiWUMBOii
    Applying For: Unexp Scripter (But, I can do things like give pokemon, give items, etc.)
    Proof of Work: This is the only proof I have right now, but here you go:

#org 0x740205
    lock
    checkflag 0x250
    if 0x1 goto 0x874023F
    setflag 0x828
    countpokemon
    compare LASTRESULT 0x6
    if 0x1 goto 0x8740244
    givepokemon 0x34 0x5 0x8B 0x0 0x0 0x0
    setflag 0x250
    bufferpokemon 0x0 0x34
    preparemsg 0x8740278 '"Let's go, MEOWTH!"
    fanfare 0x101
    waitmsg
    waitfanfare
    waitkeypress
    release
    hidesprite 0x1
    end

'---------------
    #org 0x74023F
    release
    hidesprite 0x1
    end

'---------------
    #org 0x740244
    msgbox 0x874024E MSG_KEEPOPEN '"You don't have enough room in your..."
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x740278
    = Let's go, MEOWTH!

#org 0x74024E
    = You don't have enough room in your party.

Do you have Skype?: No
    Do you have a gmail?: Yes. But do you mind if I send it to you in a PM?
    Time Zone: United States, Eastern Standard Time

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Name: Peter
    Username: iiWUMBOii
    Applying For: Unexp Scripter (But, I can do things like give pokemon, give items, etc.)
    Proof of Work: This is the only proof I have right now, but here you go:

#org 0x740205
    lock
    checkflag 0x250
    if 0x1 goto 0x874023F
    setflag 0x828
    countpokemon
    compare LASTRESULT 0x6
    if 0x1 goto 0x8740244
    givepokemon 0x34 0x5 0x8B 0x0 0x0 0x0
    setflag 0x250
    bufferpokemon 0x0 0x34
    preparemsg 0x8740278 '"Let's go, MEOWTH!"
    fanfare 0x101
    waitmsg
    waitfanfare
    waitkeypress
    release
    hidesprite 0x1
    end

'---------------
    #org 0x74023F
    release
    hidesprite 0x1
    end

'---------------
    #org 0x740244
    msgbox 0x874024E MSG_KEEPOPEN '"You don't have enough room in your..."
    release
    end

'---------
    ' Strings
    '---------
    #org 0x740278
    = Let's go, MEOWTH!

#org 0x74024E
    = You don't have enough room in your party.

Do you have Skype?: No
    Do you have a gmail?: Yes. But do you mind if I send it to you in a PM?
    Time Zone: United States, Eastern Standard Time
    You're accepted. And no, I do not mind if you send me your gmail in a PM. I am a pretty decent scripter, so I can help you.

WE ARE LOOKING FOR MORE HELP WITH MAPPING AND HACKING IN GENERAL! PLEASE APPLY SO THIS HACK CAN GET INTO PRODUCTION!

Years
  • I am applying for a mapper!!! I dont need proof considering you've seen how i map!

Ihave a skype, and i have a gmail, i dont usually use it.
    eastern time zone!

TheDeadDude

If I knew I might tell you.
    Years
  • Applying for - (Semi-unexp) Spriter (but anything open is good)
    Proof - I can email you some of my work
    gmail and skype - yes and yes
    TZ - eastern (NY)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2015
    so this is going to be a werid question witch im sure you will turn down but it dosent hurt to ask :D. so im pretty new to the rom hacking bizz probably the only thing i know how to do with rom hacking is map editing. but i would like to join and watch you guys a learn some of the basics of hacking and hopefully i can be of some use to you guys in the future. i would probably be in the map editing or script editor Hope to do work with you guys!

Applying For: (some of the basics) Map editer or (unexp) scripter
    Do you have Skype?: Y (cant remember username i can look later if you need it)
    Do you have a gmail?: [email protected]
    Time Zone: pacific timezone

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2014
    hi, I have never hacked before but I think learning this way could be very beneficial for me as I can't find anything of use on websites. I'm pretty good with computers.

My name is Chyna, I have no experience with hacking but i have designed websites and blogs.
    Applying for: UNEXP mapper, unexp sprite designer or anything you need me for
    I have a gmail
    Time zone: Greenwich mean time, (I'm in the uk)

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2016
    Name/Username: EUE KnSlash (KnSlash for short) (Kn for shorter)
    Applying For: Mapper and Idea(er)
    Proof of Work: My Pokemon 5 Game Series (under development)
    find it here: h t t p : / / p o k e m o n k o b a l t 2 9 3 5 . w i x. c o m / r o m h a c k s
    Do you have Skype?: Yes
    Do you have a gmail?: Yes
    Time Zone: Central Standard

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    This thread has been dead for a while now, you're not allowed to post in team threads that are older than two months old.

Thread closed.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back