• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teen accused of burning a kitten alive.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Girls will be girls, and sometimes girls like that tend to take things a couple of steps too far when things don't go their way.

What the hell is this? Girls will be girls? Tell me the last sane girl you know that didn't get their way and burned a kitten. Last I knew in this story there wasn't any WAY she wanted. Even with that logic out of the way, you don't go out and kill a cat by sticking it in the oven if you don't get your way. And girls, who are far more mature than boys, wouldn't do that if they didn't get the way that they want.

I mean, honestly, way to generalize something like that. You make it sound like girls go out and do something cruel to suffice from something they lost. Especially in this situation, where she didn't really lose anything beforehand.. she just thought it'd be fun to stick a kitten that wasn't even hers in the oven and watch it die.

That's not something a normal person would respond to in a way that you did. You really make me wonder.

Prankster? Try wanna-be-gangster.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    What she needs is a taste of her own medicine
    So you are suggesting that the powers that be put her in the oven? What on earth...

Tell me the last sane girl you know that didn't get their way and burned a kitten.
    Tell me the last sane person, period, to burn a kitten in an oven. :p

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
  • Anyway EpsilonE... its not a good idea to insult established members like pachy.
    Established member?! It's a 21 year old with a girly theme, he payed money to support this place (probably in hopes of moderation or something of the sort), just made a comment that sounded like it's a normal thing to burn a kitten alive, and has about as much of a weaboos profile as you can get! How is that an established member?!

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I don't know why this thread is still getting posts, but whatever.

You can't prosecute her as an adult. If you don't want this type of thing to happen to animals, don't eat meat, buy dairy products, or use flyswatters. Really the only difference between her doing this and you baking a chicken is that the cat didn't have to suffer the slaughter house. I hate to sound cruel, but it's an animal and not a person. It was, yes, an awful thing to do, but animals have no rights in the justice system. What she did was tresspassing, illegal use of appliances, and animal abuse at best. I think she needs some community service time or a fine she has to pay but jail time isn't what she needs.

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
  • Ummm... So, you would kill her?
    Ok then, where does it stop?

Shall we do that to you if you did that?
    Then the next and the next...

What a stupid comment.
    Agreed on that. Saying she deserved a "Taste of her own medicine" is implying she needs to be put into an oven herself, thus making a cycle of cruelty.
    She just needs time in prison to prove to people that killing innocent wordless and helpless creatures IS wrong. I can understand cutting a chickens head off quickly so you can cook it and feed your family, but burning a kitten as a "joke" is something beyond what I find to be let said "girls be girls" and anything else.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I don't know why this thread is still getting posts, but whatever.

I wholeheartedly agree.

God, I can't even bother with some of the incredibly silly posts in this thread. A life sentence for killing a cat? Tragic, yes...But equating the life of a kitten to that of an actual person? That's naivety at it's worst. I like pets as much as the next guy, and I'd be beyond enraged if someone killed my cat, but there's a line of reason you just cannot cross. You can't serve jail time for killing an animal =/

However, it's a glaring warning to society that the girl is mentally unstable. You know she'll end up in jail at some point in her life...I'd put her on heavy probation, and it would be just a matter of time before she commits a serious felony. Then you can throw her in jail.

People's judgment is blurred when we're talking about the harming of animals. Yes, they are, for the most part, defenseless, and animal abuse is rightly a punishable crime. But you simply cannot equate the life of a animal to that of a human. Our law system is already screwed up enough, let's not add pet murder to the list of serious crimes =/

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
  • However, it's a glaring warning to society that the girl is mentally unstable. You know she'll end up in jail at some point in her life...I'd put her on heavy probation, and it would be just a matter of time before she commits a serious felony. Then you can throw her in jail.
    This is actually what I was going to mention in one of my earlier posts, but forgot.

I too agree that life scentence is waaay too harsh. Perhaps a few months in prison maybe, but not anymore than a year. She does sound mentally unstable, violent and angry, and as you mentioned, a big chance of her hitting the pipes with a tin can singing "nobody knows the trouble I've seen" at some point in her life, but why not give her even a short punishment to the killing of a defensless animal?

I'm done now. I wont respond to anything else here, just read it.

Years
  • i could care less. i mean if i did care, yea thats pretty darn messed.
    i can count on PETA to be in this situation.. -.-" but yea it is kinda messed
    now that i think of it.. and thats saying something for me.. L_L

p.s. my sister says: "throw her in the oven and turn it on crispy, EXTRA crispy"
    [feels bad for kitten]

Last edited:

Shedinja8

Niger, atrum vel malum. Sumo.
    Years
  • Whoa! No way!! A girl?? A girl actually did that?
    Dang, poor cat... i'll sign the petition! Thats for sure!

First of, I would like to say that I thought it was very..... disturbing that the girl thought of it as a "pratical joke". A pratical joke is when you put a whoopie cushion on a persons chair, not roasting kittens.

Second of all, what's with this post I have quoted!?!? It doesn't matter if the persons a girl or boy, some people are stupid enough to do that. NOT JUST GUYS!!!!

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Posts like this are a waste of time. You treat it like she sprayed graffiti on a wall instead of killing a small living animal. Grow some hair on your chest and stop trying to protect her because she's a girl.

Anyways, as I would say, I'd sign the petition, but I really dont want to give out personal information. Although it is tempting because kittens are cute, and there was NO right of her to stick the poor thing into an oven.

What the hell is this? Girls will be girls? Tell me the last sane girl you know that didn't get their way and burned a kitten. Last I knew in this story there wasn't any WAY she wanted. Even with that logic out of the way, you don't go out and kill a cat by sticking it in the oven if you don't get your way. And girls, who are far more mature than boys, wouldn't do that if they didn't get the way that they want.

I mean, honestly, way to generalize something like that. You make it sound like girls go out and do something cruel to suffice from something they lost. Especially in this situation, where she didn't really lose anything beforehand.. she just thought it'd be fun to stick a kitten that wasn't even hers in the oven and watch it die.

That's not something a normal person would respond to in a way that you did. You really make me wonder.

Prankster? Try wanna-be-gangster.

I find it funny that you two attack me for disagreeing. I certainly am not a conformist, when it comes to mob mentality, I think independently, thank you very much Abercrombie.

I don't know why this thread is still getting posts, but whatever.

You can't prosecute her as an adult. If you don't want this type of thing to happen to animals, don't eat meat, buy dairy products, or use flyswatters. Really the only difference between her doing this and you baking a chicken is that the cat didn't have to suffer the slaughter house. I hate to sound cruel, but it's an animal and not a person. It was, yes, an awful thing to do, but animals have no rights in the justice system. What she did was tresspassing, illegal use of appliances, and animal abuse at best. I think she needs some community service time or a fine she has to pay but jail time isn't what she needs.

I agree. I feel that animal cruelty is indeed wrong, however getting too worked up over it isn't going to solve the problem. It's not like I condone this behavior either, but look at how quickly I was 'villain-ized' for my previous post. There has to be a logical explanation for her behavior if you ask me. Perhaps maybe the girl needs therapy, but not jail.

I wholeheartedly agree.

God, I can't even bother with some of the incredibly silly posts in this thread. A life sentence for killing a cat? Tragic, yes...But equating the life of a kitten to that of an actual person? That's naivety at it's worst. I like pets as much as the next guy, and I'd be beyond enraged if someone killed my cat, but there's a line of reason you just cannot cross. You can't serve jail time for killing an animal =/

However, it's a glaring warning to society that the girl is mentally unstable. You know she'll end up in jail at some point in her life...I'd put her on heavy probation, and it would be just a matter of time before she commits a serious felony. Then you can throw her in jail.

People's judgment is blurred when we're talking about the harming of animals. Yes, they are, for the most part, defenseless, and animal abuse is rightly a punishable crime. But you simply cannot equate the life of a animal to that of a human. Our law system is already screwed up enough, let's not add pet murder to the list of serious crimes =/

I wont repeat my last reply, but you're right too. She definitely could be mentally unstable.

What saddens me the most is the fact that the news organization covered this story in such a slanted way. By reading the article, I could even tell the writer had slanted the story out of disgust, and highlighted the fact that people were villainizing the girl for it.

Considering the story on that site, I'm sure the local media had a field day, at the expense of this girl. She's going to be messed up even worse now thanks to that.

Animals' lives are not equal to our own, but they are to be treated with respect.

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
  • I find it funny that you two attack me for disagreeing. I certainly am not a conformist, when it comes to mob mentality, I think independently, thank you very much Abercrombie.
    Disagreeing? Your post basically said "Oh well, **** happens! Girls be girls lololol!!"

You didnt disagree, you basically just said "Lulz i found it to be teh r okay!"
    This really doesnt have to do with the article, it has to do with your stupid comment you left. I'm not so much as caring about the girl or the kitten, I'm worried about you, Pachy. You. Why do you say "She needs a taste of her own medicine"? Are you one of the people that takes out violence and anger on small beings that cannot voice what you have done?
    Are you defending this girl because she shares similar guilties to you?

Have you punched a baby, Pachy?

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    I think people are still failing to notice that abuse / torturing of animals happens every day. What she did was sick, twisted, disgusting, and horrible, but the cat only felt discomfort for the last few minutes of its life. How is this worse than neglect of animals? Horribly neglected animals can go weeks without eating, have miserable lives, and more often than not still die from starvation, dehydration, or disease. Should we give anyone who neglects animals a life sentence?

Also, people kill other people and are sometimes faced with a lesser charge or even acquitted of the charge. A woman, who has clearly done something wrong, should spend the rest of her life in jail for baking a cat? People have SHOT animals, DROWNED animals, SUFFOCATED animals, and these people usually receive fines of amounts under $5,000. I don't think this should be a question.

Pink Twilight

Moon and Sun combine!!!
    Years
  • Just imagine being put into an oven on 200 degrees and being burned to death! good lord, there is something wrong with that child. She must be sent from hell to do something so...so...cruel... hell yea im signing that petition. you dont wanna know what i will do to her if i ever see her face again. oh and bon you kind of make a point but what ur saying is that she shouldnt have a life sentence when clearly she does. i think that animals have every right to be treated equally among humans as we are not more important or special then they are. i mean, what if you were that cat. you have no control over what they do to you. and so if someone burns you to death, do you think its fair for them to get away with it just to pay a fine? humans dont get how the animals all feel about this. they dont fully understand what it is like.

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I remember reading that article at the dentist office, everytime I think about it, I just feel like going up to her and killing her, I mean come on a kitten, they are so cute and angels. After reading that article I became more protective of my cats Midnite and Fushiisu

:t354:TG

Back