• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That one thing you detest

Years
  • Oh God yes, I hate them so much I don't even bother with them unless I really want to fill my dex. Which I'm trying to do now, so they're a real pain in the ***. :/

I have Entei at a sliver of health, he's asleep, and even using Mean Look and throwing Ultra Balls, he keeps busting out! Then when he wakes up he uses roar and I have to hunt for him all over again.

Whoever thought of Roaming Legendaries should be fired. DX

I am in the exact same situation! I have been trying to catch Entei for the last 3 days - it's false swiped to 1HP and I had my Victreebel use sleep powder on it so it is asleep and I've thrown dusk balls at night and quick balls in the day and just getting no where!

The only thing I don't have is mean look - I don't have anything that can learn in so I might have to train up a Gastly/Jynx/Golbat or something.

I normally just ignore the roamers but I'm trying to fill the Dex. I have all in game legendaries now up to gen 6 except Entei and Suicune (I used master ball on Raikou cos I couldn't handle doing it twice haha).

EDIT: So within 8 minutes of me posting this whinge I just caught Entei on Route 42. If it were possible for me to type in excited capital letters I would. Although just a quick thought - finding and catching the Entei, a fire type "Volcano Pokemon" whilst surfing on water makes no sense.

Last edited:

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
    Years
  • I am in the exact same situation! I have been trying to catch Entei for the last 3 days - it's false swiped to 1HP and I had my Victreebel use sleep powder on it so it is asleep and I've thrown dusk balls at night and quick balls in the day and just getting no where!

The only thing I don't have is mean look - I don't have anything that can learn in so I might have to train up a Gastly/Jynx/Golbat or something.

I normally just ignore the roamers but I'm trying to fill the Dex. I have all in game legendaries now up to gen 6 except Entei and Suicune (I used master ball on Raikou cos I couldn't handle doing it twice haha).

EDIT: So within 8 minutes of me posting this whinge I just caught Entei on Route 42. If it were possible for me to type in excited capital letters I would. Although just a quick thought - finding and catching the Entei, a fire type "Volcano Pokemon" whilst surfing on water makes no sense.

Yeah, Roamers are a real pain. The one that I had the most problems with would have to be Mesprit in DPP, bit that was probably because of my really bad luck. Over the years as I've familiarized myself with the various Roamers, the tried and tested strategy would still be Spore+Mean Look+False Swipe, in that order. You can throw in the optional Taunt if you want, but in the end it still comes down to pure RNG, which is what makes it so frustrating , because they aren't exactly easy to track down. ;_;

Congrats on the Entei! ^~^

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    You know something that's a bit odd? In HGSS when you would run into the roaming legendaries, you would always get a chance to act before they would do anything, so if you were slower you'd get in a hit or status before they flee. But in Platinum and every game prior, if they were faster they'd just flee. Does give you some chance to try to catch them early on even if you're slow, but still a bit unusual that it wasn't until that late that it happened.

That's a nice catch! Yeah, it definitely would've been nice if they had done it sooner. Being able to do something before they flee, whether if your Pokémon is fast or slow, does sound to make things a lot more convenient.

Back