• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

That's so not fair!

Years
    i watched The Symbol Of Life and really disapointed to see Articuno was defeated by Charizard, but is Norland a stupid trainer when he ordered his legendary pokemon to use Steel Wing which is ineffective against fire pokemon too many time and also let the charizard have a chance to grab it? that situation happened once with Clair's Dragonair before. it was always charizard who got many hard hits but never fell but its opponent who got only a few hit and lost right after the Seismic Toss, just like it the most powerful attack ever! i feel it so not fair that they made it like that. and why Noland's Articuno is much smaller than one in Seafoam Islands? Charizard should not have had any chance against it.

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    ^ This.
    It's Ash we're talking about. Charizard has been hacked as much as Uberchu.
    That or what's her face from Charicific Valley has been giving it steroids and X-Attack's like mad crazy

lucario072

Pokemon trainer
    Years
    Charizard beat articuno because of charizards strength and ashs skills as a pokemon trainer not because its hacked.And ash had charizard ever since kanto and its been training at the charific vally for awhile so its not like its weak or anything,

Robert Conley

GPXPlus.net/user/Robert+Conley
    Years
    Lulz at Ash's skill as a trainer. That's why he always needs to learn the same thing over and over again. Seriously he only has "skill" at the Pokemon League tournaments, and that seemingly comes out of nowhere.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    Robert Conley said:
    Lulz at Ash's skill as a trainer. That's why he always needs to learn the same thing over and over again.

Like what?

Seriously he only has "skill" at the Pokemon League tournaments, and that seemingly comes out of nowhere.

Oh yes, his skill comes out of the blue at the Pokémon League. That's why he wins so many of them am I right?

Years
    Charizard beat articuno because of charizards strength and ashs skills as a pokemon trainer not because its hacked.And ash had charizard ever since kanto and its been training at the charific vally for awhile so its not like its weak or anything,
    charizard strength and ash's skill? i don't know, i just see charizard got plenty of hits, frozen wings and fell off many times while articuno got just 2 hits and faint, the same with dragonair of clair, charizard didn't even scratch her until that seismic toss while she used twister, iron tail and made charizard fall off from air since the 1st seismic toss failed, what kind of strength does charizard have that allow him to be attacked heavily multiple times without faint, what kind of skill does ash have that make his pokemon to be hit like that and still win the battle, hm oh i'm getting crazy about them

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    Obviously Charizard has been EV'd trained in Attack and Sp.Attack and it has 31 IVs in both stats while Norland didn't know about EVs and had a Gentle Articuno with mostly Defense and Sp.Defense EVs and a bit of speed. Also Charizard is lvl 4739 so Seismic Toss does 4739 damage to Articuno.

Years
    ...ok... charizard is level 4739, how could you know that? and why do you know Noland didn't know about EV training? there is only 1 per 1024 chance of getting a pokemon having 31 IV in 2 stats, max lower chance to get one max IV in exactly attack and sp.attack. Is Ash a little TOO lucky?

yoshi12370

Bouncing along!
    Years
    • Age 35
    • NYC
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    Maybe because Charizard is a Fire type and Articuno is an Ice type. Charizard has the advantage.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    lavenderbolt said:
    ...ok... charizard is level 4739, how could you know that? and why do you know Noland didn't know about EV training? there is only 1 per 1024 chance of getting a pokemon having 31 IV in 2 stats, max lower chance to get one max IV in exactly attack and sp.attack. Is Ash a little TOO lucky?

This isn't a serious response, right? We all know that those don't exist in the show, right?

Years
    Everyone take a breath and repeat after me, "Life isn't fair" and go about our lives. Besides, being primarily a chldrens show, we should allow it a little more leeway in storytelling.

Back