• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The 3rd Generation Power House Challenge

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Can Zubat evolve into Crobat before the Nat'l Dex? If so, I'll take Zubat.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Just a general question: I want to do this with Ralts, but am I able to use my starter to get it to level 6 so it can attack?

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Magikarp is available in Dewford.
    You can get the old rod and fish right before Brawly.
    Yeah I also added Electrike, Plusle, Minun, Oddish, and Gulpin because I never realized you could get to Mauville without fighting Brawly.

Symphony: I'm pretty sure he can't evolve into Crobat before National Dex. Since you need National Dex anyway for challenge, just go for it.

Jake: Sure that's fine.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Wonderful, I'll start up on my Emerald right now (Oh god, Watson's Steel types and Sydney's Dark types, this should be fun XD)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    In R/S/E he evolves, doesn't he?

EDIT: He doesn't evolve in FR/LG; still unsure about R/S/E. It might because it is in the guidebook's PokeDex

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Actually I'll take Gulpin. I've always loved the little blob thingy. We can evolve right? I love blob thingies with mustaches even better. It might take a while for me to trade any good Pokemon I have from Sapphire to emerald, though/

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
    Years
  • Of course zubat can evolve into crobat! Archie has a crobat right before you capture/defeat kyogre.
    I think it's that way in Emerald, too.

Is trading allowed? If so, I'd like to restart with beldum! (I'll trade it as an egg and then hatch it. ^_^)

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Update!

Well, after 2:59 playtime (Yes, I checked), I found a suitable Ralts for this challenge (Yeah, it took me that long to find a Modest/Timid one, I got a Modest one). Although I wanted the Trace ability, I was done with that scene XD

Powerleveled Ralts up to level 6 so it could learn Confusion, then I took him from there.

Got to Rustboro City and Ralts was level 14. Trained through the next route with Rusturf Tunnel, and hit level 16. The gym trainers were easy, Roxanne...not so much. Took me around 7 tries to finally get her beaten. Spamming of Double Team? Yes, yes indeed.

Kicked May's butt on my way out, and headed to Dewford. Made my way through Granite Cave easily, and then finished Dewford by kicking eveyone in the gym's butts. Oh boy, Ralts evolved!

Arrived in Slateport, and took out the trainers in the hut and beach. The Museum was a bit tricky though. I was forced to teach Kirila Thief so I could damage the twin Carvahna's that were held within.

Finished up with the trainers on route 113, and entered the Trick House.

The 3rd Generation Power House Challenge

Kirlia
    Level 25
    Modest Nature
    Calm Mind
    Confusion
    Double Team
    Thiefg

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Eh..."suitable"? Rofl, any pokemon should do with the huge level difference.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    |♪symphony's GULPIN Power House Challenge
    --

- Chose male trainer
    - Named trainer symph
    - Set Clock
    - Withdrew Potion
    - Met May
    - Route 101
    * Chose MUDKIP as starter
    - Received Potion
    - Route 103
    * Rival Battle 1 [May]
    - Route 101
    - Received PokéDex
    - Received a PokéBall
    - Received Running Shoes
    - Route 101
    - Route 102
    * Battled all trainers

Team:

Male
    Level 10
    - Tackle
    - Growl
    - Mud Slap
    - Water Gun

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Update time!

After mopping the floor of the Trick House, I rested up Kirlia and demolished my rival. 1 Calm Mind and 1 Double team did the trick with Confusion as my only attack. After which, I arrived in Mauvile City and wiped Wally up with a simple Thief attack. I then proceeded to take out all the trainers on Route 117 and Route 119 to finish up some training before the gym.

I killed all the Gym Trainers relatively easily, using my newly learned Psychic attack to come through victorious. I had my worries with Wattson though, as his Steel type Magneton resisted Psychic. Using Voltorb as setup fodder, I got in 3 CMs, which was enough to OHKO his entire team. After the battle, Kirlia evolved into the beautiful Gardevoir!

Cleaned up the Winstrate house with ease, then proceeded up to Fallarbor Town and saved up.

Gardevoir (Level 36)
    Calm Mind
    Psychic
    Thief
    Double Team

HM Slave 1 (Level 17)
    Cut
    Rock Smash
    Ember
    Peck

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    Can i do Treecko on emerald? If nobody has taken it yet...
    Then ill only have 1 gen im not doing a challenge on lol

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
  • I haven't updated in a LOOOONG time.
    So here's my update:

- Headed west of Lavender town
    - Fought all trainers on the route to Celadon [can't remember the number]
    - Arrived in Celadon City
    - Healed up my Raticate
    - Headed to the Gym
    - Fought all the Gym trainers
    - Fought Erika and Won
    - Beat all the Rocket Grunts in the Hideout
    - Beat Giovanni
    - Headed to Lavender
    - Beat Rival Joe at the Pokémon Tower
    - Headed up the tower and fought the channellers
    - Fought the Ghost [Marowak]
    - Cleared out the Rocket grunts
    - Headed to the Cycling Road
    - Beat all the trainers on Cycling Road
    - Beat all the trainers on the route into Fuschia [can't remember this, either]
    - Headed to the Safari Zone, and caught some pokes to increase Pokédex count

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2008
    Update # 4

so far i beated the TR hideout then went 2 go beat erika for a badge then went on to the tower to save Mr.Fugi then went to go beat giovanni and his crue then went to go beat sebrina n get a badge... butterfree lv.57 moveset: giga drain, silverwid,safeguard,psybeam

Back