• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Adventures of Opal, Amethyst, and Jasper

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years

Hey, this is my fan-fic that I'll be writing.
    It takes place in the Ciara region which includes about 114 new Pokemon in it.
    Constructive criticism welcome!

Chapter 1: Starting out!

It was a bright summer morning in Felnet Town, a secluded area in the southwest of Ciara. Today also just happened to be the starting point of three young children who lived in Felnet. The only thing wrong with that was that all three of them had a meeting with Prof. Pine in Pinegreen City at 9:00, and they were still sleeping! Fortunately their mothers were already hurrying up to each one's bedroom. A few minutes later they all finished eating breakfast, got packed, and left for Pinegreen. Along the way, they were all talking together about what Pokemon they would each get. The one named Jasper was thinking he might get Grasmander, the grass lizard Pokemon. Opal was thinking about getting Cubburn, the fire lion Pokemon, and Amethyst was thinking of Aquabird, the water bird Pokemon. They had no idea of the journey they were getting themselves into. When they finally reached Pinegreen, they saw a bunch of thugs standing around outside Prof. Pine's lab! One of the thugs standing in front of the door yelled at them, "What are you stinky little kids doin' around here?" Jasper then told him why they were there. "We're here to start our Pokemon adventure, so get out of the way!" Just then, Prof. Pine tried to go outside, but he bumped into the thug who had yelled at them. "Just what are you people trying to do to me?" Prof. Pine inquired. The thug told him, "We want your Pokemon, so open up the vault!" "No way on earth will I give you my Pokemon! But you three over there, Opal, Jasper, and Amethyst, come over here and pick your Pokemon! Then teach these hobos a lesson!" Prof. Pine responded. Then the three kids picked their Pokemon. Jasper, Grasmander, Opal, Cubburn, and Amethyst, Aquabird. Then Jasper began to battle one of the thugs. "Grasmander, I choose you!" Jasper commanded his Pokemon to come out of its Pokeball. "Grrrrassmandi!!!" it said as it came into battle. "Snakir, go!" The thug commanded to his Pokemon. "Ssssnakiiirrr!" the snake basket Pokemon said as it came out. Then Jasper exclaimed, "Use Razor Leaf, Grasmander!" Then leaves flew off its head and began to spin towards the Snakir. "Ssnaaakir..." it said as it was engulfed in a fury of spinning leaves. "Oh no, Snakir, you fainted! Oh well, I lost, so I have to leave now, but if I had another Pokemon, I would whoop you good!" the thug said as he ran towards Sunflower Island. "Well, that was very weird, I wonder who those thugs were... Anyway, congratulations on your first battle, Jasper!" the Prof. congratulated Jasper.

Next Chapter: Gyms? or Contests? or Both?

Remember, constructive criticism is welcome!

Last edited:
    Years
    I liked it! I think it was very creative. Though, I think you should indent and seperate the paragraphs and dialogue.

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
    Thx, Ookami! Tomorrow I'll write the next chapter, or even today if I have time.

Years
    No prob! Just have fun with your fanfic, that's the main thing!
    If you need anymore opinions or help, feel free to ask me!

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
    Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Gyms? or Contests? or Both?

Jasper returned his Grasmander to its Pokeball as Prof. Pine told him about the different paths he could take as a Pokemon owner. "You could be a Trainer, and challenge all 8 Gyms in the Ciara region, or a Coordinator, and train Pokemon for the Super Contests here. It's all up to you... Oh, my, I've forgotten again! Here are your Pokedexes. They can tell you about all 604 Pokemon in the Pokemon World." he said about their paths. "Thanks, Prof. Pine! I'm sure we'll all decide what path we'll take eventually!" Amethyst enthusiastically exclaimed. Then they all headed toward Route 302, to the city of Graniteville, the site of the first Gym Badge, and also where the first Contest was.
    On Route 302, they were all chatting with each other about what path each one would take. "I think I should take the Gyms, 'cause I wanna be champion of the Pokemon League!" Jasper exclaimed as he was talking to Opal and Amethyst. Then a girl, who was standing on the side of the rugged, unpaved road heard him, and responded, "So you wanna be Champion, huh?" Jasper then jumped at the unexpected voice from the side of the road, and replied to her, "Of course I do! Who doesn't!" "Not me," said the girl, "Because I am the Champion. Surprised?" Opal then responded in shock, "What!? How are you the champion!?" "Yep; I sure am!"

Next Chapter: Chapter 3: Graniteville

Last edited:
    Years
    I think it's creative, it's good.
    Hm, though,I think it needs a bit more, it's a little short.

Here's how you should seprate the dialogue:

Jasper returned his Grasmander to its Pokeball as Prof. Pine told him about the different paths he could take as a Pokemon owner.

"You could be a Trainer, and challenge all 8 Gyms in the Ciara region, or a Coordinator, and train Pokemon for the Super Contests here. It's all up to you... Oh, my, I've forgotten again! Here are your Pokedexes. They can tell you about all 604 Pokemon in the Pokemon World." he said about their paths.

"Thanks, Prof. Pine! I'm sure we'll all decide what path we'll take eventually!" Amethyst enthusiastically exclaimed.

Then they all headed toward Route 302, to the city of Graniteville, the site of the first Gym Badge, and also where the first Contest was.

You need to skip a line each time someone's talking.

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
    I'll be posting the next chapter tomorrow. Also, be sure to check out my new fanfic, called Historic Sinnoh.

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
    Chapter 3: Graniteville

"But, how are you the Champion?" Amethyst inquired.

"Well, I beat all 8 Gym leaders, duh! By the way, the name's Mira. I used to live in the Sinnoh region, but my parents got mad at me and sent me on a ship here." she blatantly responded.

"Well then, uh, maybe we should get going..." Jasper sighed as he began walking along Route 302.

When they reached Graniteville, they saw the big Gym building protruding in the middle of the town.

"Wow, there it is, Jasper! You going in?" Opal asked him.

"Uh, sure, I guess..." Jasper mumbled under his breath as he pushed open the glass double doors.

A large, familiar voice then boomed out at them. "Hey! Ya here ta challenge mah? Weel Ah'm ready fer a battle if ya are!"

"Huh? Haven't we heard that voice before? Oh, I know who it is! It's my dad, George!" Jasper realized as he racked his brains.

Next Chapter: Jasper! vs. Gym Leader George!

Last edited:

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
    Well, this story certainly has an odd twist to it. Your potential as a fanfic-er is great, and so is this story, respectively, but i got the feeling it was slightly rushed, especially the part with the champion, but other than that, your doing great! And I read your other story, 'Historic Sinnoh', and i thought that one was good as well! =D

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
    Sry for not posting in a while.

Chapter 4: Jasper! VS. Gym Leader George!

As Jasper walked through the double doors, he immediately noticed the piles upon piles of rocks scattered all over the room.

"Weel? Ya gonna challenge mah or wot?" Gym Leader George inquired to them as they just stood there dumbfounded.

"Why all the rocks?" Opal softly whispered to her friends.

"I don't know," Jasper said as he carefully walked around the messy room toward his father.

"Ya read' tah battle mah? Or ya jus' gonna sit there stan'in' doin' nutin'?" George asked his son inquisitively.

"Yes, I'm ready. Go, Grasmander!" Jasper commanded to his Pokemon as the battle began.

"Right, go Pakadome! Then use Rock Slide!" George said to his Pokemon.

"Paaakadooooommm!!!!" His Pokemon said as it unleashed Rock Slide.

"Grasmander, use Razor Leaf!" Jasper ordered of his Grass Pokemon.

"Grrrrraaaasmaaaandrrrrrr!" It cried as it used Razor Leaf.

"Not very effective!" The referee called out from the sidelines.

"What? That's supposed to be super effective, not not very effective!" Opal exclaimed as she heard the referee.

"No, wait, I just checked the Pokedex on Pakadome, and it's Fire Type too!" Amethyst responded to Opal.

"Tha's Righ'! I'm tricky! Now, Pakadome, use Fire Punch!" George told his Biped Pokemon.

"Pakadome...SNORE...SNORE...SNORE..." The Pokemon said as it strangely went to sleep.

"Wot? Wot's wron' wit' ya, Pakadome?" the Gym Leader called to his Pokemon.

"Huh, that's weird, Grasmander's gone to sleep too!" Jasper exclaimed.

Then a shrill cry rent the air. "Deeeeeooooooksiiiiiiissssss!!!!!"

"Whoa, what was that? And what's that stench?" Opal screamed after the cry was over.

"Hmm, I'm checking my Pokedex, and I just saw a Pokemon whose name sounds just like that cry. It's Deoxys!" Amethyst said in the small, stenchy building.

Everyone in the room gasped!

"But, they say that that's one of the rarest Pokemon! The last time one of those was spotted was in Kanto, and that's almost 3,000 miles from here!" the referee shrieked in fear.

Then the Pokemon suddenly woke up, and the stench went away.

"Weird..." Amethyst said after the Deoxys mist was gone.

"Anyway, let's get back to the battle. Grasmander, use DoubleSlap!" Jasper yelled to his newly awakened Pokemon.

"Grasmaaandrrr!" It said as it ran up to Pakadome and slapped it not once, but twice!

"Pakadom..." It said as it fell to the rocky floor, falling flat on its face.

"Jasper wins the battle!" the referee exclaimed as triumphant music played and confetti shot out of the walls.

"Gud job, Jaspa'! Here's the Granite Badge fer ya!" George exclaimed as he gave the badge to his son.

"Thanks Dad! I can't believe I got my first Gym Badge!" Jasper said to his father.

Next Chapter: Enter: Sun and Moon!

Years
    Um, it's potiently good, but it's short, and needs a bit less dialogue and a bit more description on how the battle went.

Here's a minor thing...
    Everyone in the room gasped!
    I don't think you need the exclamation mark, by the time a reader gets there, they already know that it's surprising and is supposed to cause suspense.

Yeah, so it just needs to be longer and more descriptive.

Musician of Literature

La musica es la fuerza...
    Years

Hey, this is my fan-fic that I'll be writing.
    It takes place in the Ciara region which includes about 111 new Pokemon in it.
    Constructive criticism welcome!

Chapter 1: Starting out!

It was a bright summer morning in Felnet Town, a secluded area in the southwest of Ciara. Today also just happened to be the starting point of three young children who lived in Felnet. The only thing wrong with that was that all three of them had a meeting with Prof. Pine in Pinegreen City at 9:00, and they were still sleeping! Fortunately their mothers were already hurrying up to each one's bedroom. A few minutes later they all finished eating breakfast, got packed, and left for Pinegreen. Along the way, they were all talking together about what Pokemon they would each get. The one named Jasper was thinking he might get Grasmander, the grass lizard Pokemon. Opal was thinking about getting Cubburn, the fire lion Pokemon, and Amethyst was thinking of Aquabird, the water bird Pokemon. They had no idea of the journey they were getting themselves into. When they finally reached Pinegreen, they saw a bunch of thugs standing around outside Prof. Pine's lab! One of the thugs standing in front of the door yelled at them, "What are you stinky little kids doin' around here?" Jasper then told him why they were there. "We're here to start our Pokemon adventure, so get out of the way!" Just then, Prof. Pine tried to go outside, but he bumped into the thug who had yelled at them. "Just what are you people trying to do to me?" Prof. Pine inquired. The thug told him, "We want your Pokemon, so open up the vault!" "No way on earth will I give you my Pokemon! But you three over there, Opal, Jasper, and Amethyst, come over here and pick your Pokemon! Then teach these hobos a lesson!" Prof. Pine responded. Then the three kids picked their Pokemon. Jasper, Grasmander, Opal, Cubburn, and Amethyst, Aquabird. Then Jasper began to battle one of the thugs. "Grasmander, I choose you!" Jasper commanded his Pokemon to come out of its Pokeball. "Grrrrassmandi!!!" it said as it came into battle. "Snakir, go!" The thug commanded to his Pokemon. "Ssssnakiiirrr!" the snake basket Pokemon said as it came out. Then Jasper exclaimed, "Use Razor Leaf, Grasmander!" Then leaves flew off its head and began to spin towards the Snakir. "Ssnaaakir..." it said as it was engulfed in a fury of spinning leaves. "Oh no, Snakir, you fainted! Oh well, I lost, so I have to leave now, but if I had another Pokemon, I would whoop you good!" the thug said as he ran towards Sunflower Island. "Well, that was very weird, I wonder who those thugs were... Anyway, congratulations on your first battle, Jasper!" the Prof. congratulated Jasper.

Next Chapter: Gyms? or Contests? or Both?

Remember, constructive criticism is welcome!
    This seems like it wil be a good fanfic.

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
    Now as I come up with this chapter while listening to the Platinum Battle Factory music(which is awesome!), I hope that you like it!

P.S.: I'm in a bit of a bad mood now because I just lost to Hall Matron Argenta. Meanie!

Chapter 5: Enter: Sun and Moon!

Meanwhile, far off the coasts of Psyville City, the Team Luna base lay, quiet, unmoving, and still in the deeps. Team Luna's base was an extinct ocean volcano. It had cooled down over 3 billion years ago, turning into what the locals called Wanahakkaluge, meaning "cold rock" in their ancient language. But Team Luna didn't come around until a little girl, named Lunana, had a rivalry with a boy called Soline. It all started when Lunana, who hated light, and instead sought out the darkness instead, and Soline, who hated darkness, and sought out light, played unforgettable pranks on each other in preschool. Lunana locked Soline up in a room with no windows, and no light. He went absolutely mad, and the next day, locked Lunana outside in a greenhouse for three hours. This created a lifelong rivalry between each other, and two criminal organizations, known as Luna and Sol. Team Sol sought out the legendary Pokemon of day, Soleni, to create a never-ending light. Team Luna, on the other hand, searched for Lunena, the master of night, to create never-ending darkness. Now, the thugs you heard about in Chapter 1 were from Team Luna. But that, of course, is a whole other story. But, there was another Pokemon. Both teams' research found that Pokemon, but they were fools to overlook that Pokemon. That Pokemon has the power to control both night and day, and would put an end to their criminal doings. That Pokemon's name is...
    Soluna!
    The Pokemon strong enough to control Night and Day, a power thought to be controlled by Dialga. Soluna, a direct descendant of Arceus.

Next Chapter: Mt. Inferno! Team Sol's Base?

I leave this last note: Argenta doesn't like Cresselia!

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 26, 2011
    Dude, try to separate your paragraphs man, also give more description to what your characters are doing and try to make your chapters longer cause their too short

pokefan345

モードストリート? ??スター
    Years
    Thanks! Since I'm in a good mood today, I think I'll write the next chapter tomorrow. I'm happy because I beat the Frontier Brain of the Battle Hall on Platinum with my shiny Latias today! :)

Back