• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Aristocrat

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2011
    Hello, this is my first fan fic, I thought it would be cool to play around with the idea of Pokemon existing elswhere besides Japan. It's always been an interest to me ever since I realized that Lt. Surge is from America, of course I added another extra twist to the story, it takes place a very long time ago. Hope you enjoy it.

Introduction
    It's the late 19th century in London, England. The industrial revolution has come, communism is beginning to become a subject of debate among commoners, and for little over a year Europe has been infatuated with some foreign creatures imported from over in Asia. The Pokemon.​

The Aristocrat

Chapter 1: The Morning

Edward woke up to the sun glaring at his eyes through the window. He turned to his night stand to look at the wrist watch he recieved as a present for his birthday last year. It was 8:51am. Edward sheepishly crawled himself out of bed and got changed. Preparing himself for yet another day of luxory as he slowly walked down the stairs to the main floor. It was his birthday today and he was turning seventeen this year, yet another year closer to entering the threshhold of manhood.
    Edward Cooper was one of the lucky people born in the 19th century. While many kids his age had to look for work in order to provide for themselves and what little family of theirs hadn't starved to death yet. Edward had to only keep up good marks with his private tutor, a luxory of being well off. Although to be fair life was never truly perfect for him. Edward never got to know what his mother was like. She died giving birth to him and Edward learned from an early age that he wasn't allowed to bring her up. It sometimes kept him up at night, wondering what his mother was like.
    As Edward came to the bottom of the staircase he noticed his father waiting for him by the front door. he looked aggrevated.
    "My god boy, you have turned into a lazy teen. Your lucky I'm not your grand father, other wise you'd be beat." Edward's father said.
    "Yes, I know. You constantly remind me of my lazy habits and how I should be beat for them father." Edward said while admireing his father's wardrobe.​

Edward's father was an older man with gray hair and a big handle-bar moustache with a stocky build. He always dress as if we was ready for a business transaction. Always wearing his black blazer with matching black dress pants, a white collared shirt with the collar up, and a bow tie. Edward admired his father's attire and for a while he tried his best to emulate it. Eventuyally he ended up exchanging the black blazer for a more casual looking brown one and the bow tie for a regular tie in order to maintain some sense of originality. Edward always dressed like that, just like his father always dressed for business.
    "You better watch your mouth boy or one of these days I'll really turn into one of those fathers that beats their kid. Eat some bread and lets get going. We need to get your birthday present." Edward's father retorted back.
    "What do you have in mind?" Edward asked.
    "A pokemon."​

Chapter 2: I Choose You...

"So which one are ya gonna take kid?" The store owner said in an impatient tone.
    "Uh just give me a minute, I'll pick one soon." Edward said while examining the pokemon in the shop.
    Generally pokemon are pretty affordable in London. Many middle class families find it very easy to get ahold of a rattata or a geodude, but Edward and his father weren't in any regular pokemon store. They were in an exotic pokemon shop. To own an exotic pokemon in London is a symbol of status.
    "Hurry up Edward, we haven't got all day." his father said.
    "Yes yes, I wont be too much longer"
    Edward was looking all around the store, feeling sorry for all the poor caged animals. He imagined that they all must've looked so much more happier and powerful in their natural habitat and now they all just seem pathetic. He noticed a big fat pokemon caged up called snorlax depressingly hunched in the corner and Edward could see the dead look in the lickitungs eyes as he passed it in it's cage. Edward wasn't so sure he wanted to get a pokemon from this store, not if they looked so sad and miserable. Than out of the corner of his eye, Edward noticed a green blur. Movement from a pokemon in the shop when all others just stood still, a sign of vitality.​

"Sir, whats that pokemon back there?" He pointed at a green mantis looking pokemon in an iron cage at the back.​

"Oh that, thats a scyther. They are very aggressive pokemon, I'm not sure if I should let you have that as your first."​

"Please, thats the pokemon I want. Please sell it to me."​

"Alright alright. You can have it, but be very careful with this pokemon. Scythers are very proud creatures and they will test your strength. Just give me 15 pounds and I'll give you the Scyther, a leash for it, plus a little pamphlet about the fella."​

"Oh yes, thank you so much sir."​

"Finally we can get the bloody hell out of here!" exclaimed Edwards father.​

Chapter 3: The Encounter

"Dang it, will you just hold still?!" Edward yelled as he tugged at the leash to discipline his scyther.
    "SCYTHA SAI!" The scyther screamed back.
    Edward and his scyther were at the outskirts of London in some fields. He brought his scyther out there in hopes of being able to bond with his new pokemon. So far, all attempts have been futile.
    "Alright, maybe this little pamphlet about you will give me some insight as to what to do with you." Edward said, taking out the ahnd written pamphlet from his blazer jacket. "Hmmmm, it says here many trainers tend to bond with their pokemon by naming them. You want a name? I'm gonna call you Reaper, considering that your Scythe like name reminds me of the Grim Reaper."
    "SCYTHA!" The scyther lunged at him but Edward managed to tug at the leash to disengage the pokemon.
    "Ok, maybe we'll just work on it later." Edward eyed over the pamphlet again, hoping to find salvation in it's hand written scripture. "Gah! it dosen't look like anything in here will actually help me deal with you. How about we just forget about it for now and have some food?" he reached into another blazer pocket and produced some bread wrapped in cloth, and held it at arms reach for the scyther to take. The scyther inched it's way towards Edward and cautiously taking the bread from his hand and than devouring it. "Just stick with me scyther and you'll always be fed. Well, as long as you show me respect." The scyther paid no attention to him, it had it's food to focus on.​

"Hey, nice pokemon. You ever battled before?"
    Edward looked behind himself and saw a teen around the age 15 with a purple rattata on his shoulder. The teenager was of medium build with a healthy looking body, his father was probably a lawyer or a salesman. Definitely middleclass. "No I never have battled before, I just got this pokemon right now as a matter of fact."
    "Oh really?" The teenager said with a grin on his face. "Well than, would you care to battle? You know, to break him in."
    Edward could tell the teenager had been in pokemon battles before and that he highly anticipated his own victory.
    "Sure thing, just give me a moment with my Scyther."
    "No problem."
    Edward looked at his scyther. He noticed that his scyther was staring at the rattata, not even blinking. He could tell it was craving the fight. "listen scyther." Edward kneeled down to the scyther's eye level to talk with him, almost as if to acknowledge him as an equal. "I know you want to fight, but I gotta know if your gonna come back if I unleash you. Can I trust you?" Edward paused for a moment, waiting for the slightest reply. The scyther after a moment of silence and stillness, gave Edward the slightest nod.
    "Alright, we're ready."​

Depending on how this piece is recieved I may write more chapters for it later.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2010
    :O great story so far !!

Perhaps Europe cold be the Jhoto/Kanto region ? The middle-east heonn ect. ?

I could imagen Scyther running away soon after or even in the middle of the battle, as it would be hurt, being a new pokemon.
    But then Edward could go to all lengths to find his pokeomon before his father goes out to look for him.
    Before being devoured by an untaimed pokemon, Scyther and him would meet up and form a special bond, after he would go back home and insist that his father let him go on a pokemon journey ?

I have so many ideas forthis story and it's not even mine !! i'll just leave it up to you then :P

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2011
    Thank you so much for replying Kingnerd64, it really means alot to me to get some praise considering this is my first piece. As for the placing Europe is just gonna be Europe, it's own little continent, just like Japan will be it's own little continent, How ever I am having most of the pokemon cmoing from the Kanto region because 1st generation pokemon rock.

As for the story I already have most of it planned out in my head, although I appreciate you trying to add on to it. I know I try to add on alot to stuff I really like too. I hope you will come to enjoy future chapters I write for this story as it comes along piece by piece.

Bonzai-Cat

The Best Around
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2011
    Chapter 4: Aftermath

"Oh my god! Just stop it, stop it, MAKE HIM STOP!" The teen screamed.
    Edward couldn't believe it, moments ago he unhooked the leash from Scyther's collar and the pokemon just became a green blur. coming at rattata from every side, slashing it's poor purple body all over the place. Edward remembered reading something about Scyther's movements in the pamphlet. Moving so fast that it looks like theres two of them, he finally understood just how true that is.
    "What are you doing! Make him stop you prick!"
    Edward came back into focus, realizing how grave the situation is. "Scyther stop!" he demanded. The scyther just continued slashing away at the limp body of the rattata. "It's done Scyther, return!" The scyther was now tossing the rattata into the air and slashing it as it came down the way a cat plays with a live mouse it jsut caught.
    "He's gonna kill him!" screamed the teen.
    "Scyther!" Edward grabbed a rock from the ground and chucked it aiming for it's head. It connected. Everything turned silent; Scyther stopped attacking, the teenager stopped crying, and Edward didn't dare move an inch. From across the field Scyther was glaring at Edward, his eyes were full of malice.
    Edward felt this was the time to call him.
    "Scyther return." Edward called out in a shaken voice.
    Scyther stood still for a moment, letting it's supposed masters order sink in. Than it disappeared from sight, reappeareing by Edwards right side. The pokemon really did have what the pamphlet called "Ninja speed".​

Edward was afraid to put the leash on his Scyther. He could see the pokemon had it's head down as a sign of surbservience but what disturbed him was the pokemon's still shaking blade arms. Edward couldn't help but compare his scyther to a blood thirsty doberman just waiting for a hand to come close enough to bite. Would Edwards hand be ok if he went in to put on the leash or would his hand be hacked off in the process? His heart was racing.
    Edward closed his eyes. Slowly inching the leash towards his scyther. praying for a good outcome.​

-click!-

The tiny sound brought comfort to Edwards ears as he realized that the leash was successfully on. The hardest part was finally over.
    The teenager realizing that the danger subsided ran to his rattata. Carefully picked up it's limp yet living body.
    "You jerk, look what you did to my poor rattata. What am I suppose to do now? He's nearly dead."
    Edward reached for his wallet and threw two pounds in the teenagers direction. He cought it.
    "That should be enough to get him to a pokemon doctor." Edward said as he walked off with his scyther.
    "You rich people think you can just get through life on your money! Buying strong pokemon from the get go and not even training, your a coward!" The teenager yelled. Edward just ignored it, theres been enough trouble for one day.​

As Edward and his scyther entered a cab to head home something crept into the back of Edwards mind. Despite how much he feared his scyther and it's blood lust. Despite how his pokemon is just as likely to attack him as it is to attack any other opponent. He couldn't shake the idea out of his head.
    "Maybe Scyther could make it in the Cage fights."​

Back