• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen "The Ash Ketchum Syndrome" in Battle Royal!

DarkPokeball1985

When The Moon Eclipse The Sun
    Years
    "The Ash Ketchum Syndrome" I basically define as someone that never wins. Or more specifically a trainer that never wins a battle and this is pretty much me when it comes to "Battle Royal". Since my return to the franchise after 19 years starting with Pokemon Moon last August before "Going Ultra" I've literally only won the Battle Royal once. And that called grounds for me to celebrate cause I have a feeling that this was simply some odd fluke. And of course since then again lost every battle. Am I the only person that finds Battle Royal very difficult beyond imagination? How many Battle Royals did you win? What Pokemon do you use that you feel will help you lead a win? And do you as a trainer specifically train Pokemon to only use them for Battle Royals. While I do enjoy the challenge instead of an "easy win" I can't help feel a bit frustrated that Battle Royal was designed for me to always lose. Hmmm....

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    For whatever reason I find Battle Royal to be somewhat random and 'Normal Rank' is no easier than 'Master Rank'. Megas pop up as early as Super Rank.

As for Pokemon I use in Battle Royal that do well:

Garchomp with Yache Berry
    - A great Pokemon in general (I use him a lot in Battle Tree too) has enough to take something and enough bulk to avoid being one shotted.

Alolan Marowak with Thick Club
    - Thick Club doubles his attack and with powerful moves like Flare Blitz and Shadow Bone can one shot a lot of foes.

Mandibuzz with Rocky Helmet
    - Not sure the item is ideal but getting a cheap KO is always funny. Has Foul Play to hit Physical attackers and has one hit KOed a Mega Metagross to win me a Battle Royal. Has solid bulk if the opponents decide to gang up on it.

Random notes

- Getting a KO on turn one almost inevitably leads to everyone taking you out turn two.
    - If you are in the lead going in to the last turn with only one Pokemon remaining the AI will try and take you out to end the game you won't win. I try to use a defensive Pokemon for this like Mandibuzz, Milotic could work here too I think.
    - I have got the Battle Royal Ribbon on many Pokemon including unconventional Pokemon like Lilligant.

Back