• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Bansud Region

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
  • This is a little project I came up with, unfortunately, I cannot draw on the computer, or make sprites for that matter, for beans. However, I will come up with concepts and ideas, any maybe people on here could volunteer for the art...

First, I need concepts for the starters. I read on a Tumblr blog, that the Unova Starters were based on nationalities (Serperior, a French noble, Emboar, a character of a Chinese story, and Samurott, a Japanese samurai.), and the Kalos starters are based on RPG clasees (Chesnaugh a Fighter, Delphox a Mage, and Greninja a Rogue)

I have a choice of "Themes" for the fully evolved starters, and I will come up with concepts for the lines accordingly based on which one wins by February 25.

1. Mythological Pantheons (Egyptian, Greek, and Norse)
    2. Tribal Cultures (Aborigines, African Tribes, and Native Americans)
    3. Medieval Weaponry (Axe, Lance, and Sword)
    4. Periods of Human History (Dark Ages, Stone Age, Information Age)

Post on here what you want.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Oh my, that's some interesting info on the Gen 5 Starters!
    To add in, Gen 4 was also based on Greek/Chinese lore as well.

So far, I think the Periods of Humanity might be the right path, as the Mythological ones are VERY overused in fan games/projects. The Medieval Weaponry all sounds too reliant on Physical damage, while the Tribal Cutures seemingly all rely on the same concept of an "Indian".

If you think about it, the Periods of Humanity have a greater range on what can be done, and provides an interesting concept to work with.

Do you have any art/sprites to add in as well? It would be nice to see what this can become!

Years
  • I'd also go with the time periods as the others are a bit overused.

Perhaps, Ancient, Modern, Future?

I'd also say the grass type would work best as the ancient/past/historic pokemon, given a more natural aesthetic. The other two could go either way. Maybe, to keep it in sequential order of grass (past), fire (modern), water (future) would help bolster the theme as well.

Good luck.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • So far it is unanimous! And I do not have art.

Which "Ages" should we go with...? There's the Ice Age, The Stone Age, the Bronze Age, The Iron Age, the Dark Ages, the Renaissance, the Colonial Days, the Information Age, the Space Age, The Enlightenment, the Cold War, etc.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    To go along with what Fenneking suggested:

Grass = Stone Age (Caveman/Prehistoric based animal)
    Fire = Bronze Age(Blacksmith/Tinkerer based animal)
    Water = Information Age

Back