• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Battle of All Nations

Which user created the best piece? (In your opinion.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
    Years

From tags to wallpapers.

Welcome to the Battle of All Nations! This battle features tags and wallpapers in freestyle mode! You may enter tags or wallpapers in this battle. But first, lets go over the rules.

Rules

Only 1 for votion period!

Ω - Please use constructive critism for the voting period. No flaming someone else!
    Deadline for Voting - November 8th, 2011 at 3:40pm GMT -6:00 (American Central Time)

Voting

[user]Abnegation[/user]
    Spoiler:
    Reference Photos Instead of Stock

Render

Now to everyone, vote carefully and have a great time!
    'Till Next Time,
    JS7

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    If you are only having one winner, this is going to be ridiculously difficult to judge given that it spans mediums... Icons will have a tough time going up against tags, and if someone pulls a good wallpaper out, it will be hard for the other two to even keep up...

I think you should rethink this whole thing, either have it so everybody enters one of each, or entrants decide on one of the mediums, or you allow more people to enter, and then it is like a tournament, so the best icon goes on, best tag, and best wallpaper, and then you somehow pick a winner between them.

It will never work how you currently have set up...

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Nah, exclude icons. That's my only suggestion. I like the idea of a free for all. Don't be so super srs moments :p

Winneon

Years
    I got rid of the icons. They were causing to much trouble. I'm almost finished with my entry right now!:)

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    I forgot to mention that I'll be joining. Working on a large piece.

Edit: Finished, no stock, just some reference photos. Click for full size.

Last edited:

Winneon

Years
    Great entries, Abnegation and keoni! This will be a tough battle!:)

I've finished my wallpaper. All of it is from scratch except a stock image for the planet and some custom brushes.

Entry:
    Spoiler:

Stock for Planet

(To keoni, next time, please say your entering into this battle.:))

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Not that it really matters in terms of the battle, I just don't see any link between that planet and the stock.

Winneon

Years
    Not that it really matters in terms of the battle, I just don't see any link between that planet and the stock.
    I used a motion blur along with a few other things to make the stock into the texture for the planet. You can see my .psd file if you want. :)

Winneon

Years
    The voting period has now begun! Vote wisely everyone and I hope you had the best time in this battle!:)

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    This is why I didn't like this idea for a battle.
    Was Keoni's tag in a normal tag battle, it would be damn hard to topple, but against digi paints and pieces that require a lot more time and effort, it is unfairly shadowed. Gav definitely deserves to win in the context of this specific battle, but I feel that Keoni needs notable mentions.

Jalorda's piece was definitely good, but for me it was too monotonous, and the colours it used (those sort of browns, highly saturated yellows, greens) didn't work as well for the piece as some other schemes might of. It was a good piece, but the colours let it down ultimately.

Gav gmv.

Back