• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The battling Croagunk

Zack_tehkid

Fighting Cat
    Years
    Croagunk isn't considered much for tournament play but I love the little guy so I decided to try to make the best one I can. So far I've decided on the following..

Croagunk
    Dry Skin
    Hold: Black Belt/Razor Claw
    Adamant (+Atk -Spatk)
    - Toxic
    - Swagger
    - Cross Chop (Reason for Razor Claw)
    - Bulk Up/Sludge Bomb (Sludge bomb for a STAB or Bulk up to make Cross Chop even more deadly.)

So your thoughts on this Croagunk? Also would like to see others Croagunk moveset ideas.

Last edited:

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Croagunk @ Life Orb
    -Fake Out
    -Vacuum Wave
    -Stone Edge/Poison Jab
    -Sucker Punch

Zack_tehkid

Fighting Cat
    Years
    Why not Toxicroak? Personal preference?

Yeah I don't care much for Toxicroak. Even though I know it has better overall stats.

Both aforementioned items are quite uneeded for use.

So Razor Claw won't add the chances of the Cross Chops Crit. hit? I wanted to make my Croagunk a crippler with one strong physical attack to use against ice/normal types.

I would like to hear your thoughts on what you think a good croagunk moveset is?

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Unless the unevolved Pokemon has something that distinguishes it from it's evolved forms (Pikachu's Light Ball, Trapinch's Arena Trap, etc.) there's really no point in discussing it since it will be inferior to its evolved form in every way.

You might as well ask for a Toxicroak moveset instead and apply it to a Croagunk.
    Any special "Croagunk-only" movesets won't work since it can't do a thing that Toxicroak can't and most likely won't even live long enough to make it's first attack in a competitive battle.

Zack_tehkid

Fighting Cat
    Years
    Mostly to use in competitions that have fun rule sets like "No evolved pokemon allowed." I do those with friends of mine to add to the flavor of the game. I know full well that Croagunk cannot hold up to anything that has been EV trained with 300+ stats.

Mostly for fun and change of pace of seeing the same handful of pokemon battle in tournaments.

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
    Years
    Mostly to use in competitions that have fun rule sets like "No evolved pokemon allowed." I do those with friends of mine to add to the flavor of the game.

Ohhh...

Well, you should have made that clear in your first post. Everyone in this thread just thought you wanted to use a Croagunk in a normal team.

But the point is the same. Croagunk is just a mini-Toxicroak so any set that works for Toxicroak works for Croagunk.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    There are way better un-evolved pokemon than Croagunk.

Never use Swagger unless you have a Spiker/Stealther/Toxic Spiker, or a Mean Look.

Toxicroaks should spend most time attacking. But weaker pokemon should make the most of their poor stats, by inflicting status and lowering stats, thats how I learned it.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Toxicroak @ Black Sludge -- Dry Skin
    252 Attk/252 Spd/6 HP -- Jolly
    Cross Chop
    Sucker Punch
    Stone Edge
    Swords Dance

Rain Dance team? Yes please.

Back