• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best Build Week #4: Genex!

Apple Juice

who are you
Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014

Created by Apple Juice ~ Approved by digi-kun ~ This week Judged by Diablerie
    Contents:
    • [alink id=1]What is "The Best Build"?[/alink id]
    • [alink id=2]Do you win anything?[/alink id]
    • [alink id=3]So, who are the judges?[/alink id]
    • [alink id=4]You forgot to mention the rules.[/alink id]
    • [alink id=5]The Weekly Theme is...[/alink id]
    • [alink id=6]Sign-Up![/alink id]
    [a id]1[/a id]

What is "The Best Build?"

Well, to answer your question, The Best Build is a weekly contest created by yours truly to which you create a build with the weekly theme (and following the rules while doing so of course), and a set of judges will decide which one is, the Best Build. The thread will be posted Sunday, and results will be up the next Sunday!

Previous Winners:
    Week #1 (Dragons) - *Firestar*
    Week #2 (Quickdraw/Shooting Star Dragon) - dragonomega
    Week #3 (Elemental Heroes/Warriors) - Cirrus

*You will send your build to Apple Juice via PM once you have finalized it in this format:

Code:
    [b]Deck Name:[/b]
    [b]Deck Creator:[/b]
    [b]Deck Cost:[/b]

[b][amount of cards] Monsters:[/b]

[b][amount of cards] Spells:[/b]

[b][amount of cards] Traps:[/b]

[b][amount of cards] Extra:[/b]

[b]Final Price:[/b]

Please get your builds in to me via PM by FRIDAY!

[a id]2[/a id]

Do you win anything?

You win... bragging rights! And also, a graphic claiming your accomplishment. (maybe later on, an emblem? ideas, ideas). ALSO, the winner of last week's competition gets an honorable mention and decides next week's theme.

EDIT: Digi-kun *might* be able to get us an emblem.

[a id]3[/a id]

So, who are the judges?

THIS WEEK'S JUDGE:
    Diablerie

[a id]4[/a id]

You forgot to mention the rules.

Oh yes! The rules are as follows.
    • You can't use structure deck builds/prices
    • ONLY three staples allowed in a deck. Not three different kinds of staples, but three quantities of staples. Monster staples are included, but not if they are part of the weekly theme. (eg. Sangan being a Monster staple is normally not allowed, but if the theme is Fiends, you can use it)
      Banned Traps: Mirror Force, Solemn Judgment, Solemn Warning, 7 Tools, Torrential Tribute, Dark Bribe, Starlight Road
      Banned Spells: Pot of Duality, Dark Hole, Mystical Space Typhoon, Monster Reborn, Gold Sarc
      Banned Monsters: Gorz, Sangan, Trag, Honest, Fader, Plaugespreader, Rai-Oh, Cyber Dragon, Marshmallon, Effect Veiler
    • ONLY 1 build per person.
    • Max 60 CARDS, minimum 40 CARDS.

[a id]5[/a id]

The Weekly Theme is...

This Week's Theme:
    Genex - These monsters, often seen as fairly horrible cards in the OCG as a whole, possess individual cards that have promise. Your job this week is to attempt to incorporate at least five copies of Genex monsters into a deck you make, but what that deck is is entirely up to you. You will score a TON of bonus points if you make an entire mostly Genex deck that actually manages to be competitive.

This Week's Rule:
    There is no budget limit this week, as 1) I want to see creativity, 2) OCG prices are pretty hard to find a reliable source for, and 3) I dislike the limitation on resources. Also, OCG cards will be allowed this week, as ... well, you'll definitely need a lot of cards from later OCG sets.

So the rule is: the deck must be EXACTLY 40 CARDS. -1 point for every card beyond the 40.

Cards from up to Extreme Victory are allowed in the deck (what has been spoiled of EXVT anyway).

[a id]6[/a id]

Sign-Up!

Participants for this week are:
    • Nightstalker
    • *Firestar*

Thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy this week's TBB!
    CSS By Apple Juice, special thanks to digi-kun for approving.

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • And I didn't know spelt was the past tense of sleeping xD Sure, I'll join, I'll do my research and then get that deck list for you!

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    What! I want to judge. I posted a scoring guide for, you know, that reason... ._.

Oh... Well, Diablerie asked me last week. He can use your system if he likes?

Yep I'm in, I didn't know warrior was spelt with two t's tho apple juice xD

OOPS! Thanks for pointing that out. Adding now.

And I didn't know spelt was the past tense of sleeping xD Sure, I'll join, I'll do my research and then get that deck list for you!

Huh? Sounds good.

I hope y'all are enjoying TBB, it's a hassle to do :x

Cirrus

dreaming a transient dream.
    Years
  • D :

No, he doesn't need to use my system... In fact, please delete it from the first post. It was written with the intent of me being the judge in mind.

I'll sign up again and win this, I guess. And next week I am definitely judging. : <

Kholdy

I LP, and not much else.
    Years
  • I personally think the person who sends in the theme should be given priority to judge, as they're likely to know a lot about it. And besides, asking to judge before the theme is even announced sounds bad to me, you don't know what you're going to judge, so you don't know if you know anything about it at all.
    I won't be entering this week by the way, don't have time.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    D :

No, he doesn't need to use my system... In fact, please delete it from the first post. It was written with the intent of me being the judge in mind.

I'll sign up again and win this, I guess. And next week I am definitely judging. : <

Err... I forgot if the winners are allowed to sign up for there own theme. It'd be better if you didn't, I think.

If Diablerie dosen't pop up, I'll certainly come to you.

I personally think the person who sends in the theme should be given priority to judge, as they're likely to know a lot about it. And besides, asking to judge before the theme is even announced sounds bad to me, you don't know what you're going to judge, so you don't know if you know anything about it at all.
    I won't be entering this week by the way, don't have time.

I appreciate your consolation and will take it into consideration. Thank you.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Only one entry's been sent in so far. If Firestar dosen't send me his, by default the winner will be Nightstalker.

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    By default, the winner is

Nightstalker! Congratulations. PM me your theme ASAP~

Back