• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The best games ever

Gold and Silver:Best ever

• Yes

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

pkmnmaster

Ash's Reincarnation
Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    what do you guys think? Gold and silver the best ever (next to diamond and pearl of course) but i think there the best. thats why i can;t get enough of shiny gold version ( remake for the computer that Zel made). Hey Zel if your reading this thanks for shiny gold and can you make more to it besides ice cave thanks. but back to the topic what do you think? Is it the best pokemon game to come out ever???

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2007
    I think that in terms of idea advancement, the GS generation struck Gold. Ever since then we've been getting minor improvements... I mean even when Diamond/Pearl comes out, I still miss the Celly and the Radio. Of course, it's still amazing considering that it ALL fit into a small 16Mbit cartridge. It also had the most in-depth story. I mean, the disbanding of TR for possibly the last time and then you got to revisit Kanto!

Years
    • Seen Jan 10, 2010
    gold/silver/crystal are the best pokemon games ever
    though gold/silver has the advantage of cloning pokemon/items

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    gold/silver/crystal are the best, for three reasons:

1: they have the day and night feature
    2: you can travel to 2 different regions
    3: the introduction of baby pokmon

those are the main reasons why i think it's the best series of pokemon games to date

Years
  • I love the G/S/C series, only one to feature the ability to get 16 badges and fight Red :) Luckily none of mine have had a battery failure yet, god forbid too, my Crystal is carrying my 250 XD

Swimmer♂

Glub! Glub! Glub!
    Years
  • Definitely the best, they built on some existing pokemon, but the new ones they made were IMO the best set of the lot (not a big fan of d/p)it also had the pokegear, introduced berries, day and night and two regions, it was the biggest step up in all the games, from red to gold. but from then on, the games have used existing features, but never surpassed G/S. That's why they're the best ;)

Sassafras

Rick The Casbah!
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2007
    Yep. It is the best. Although they did introduce Skarmbliss and curselax : O

Athena

Untitled.
    Years
  • I think[...]the GS generation struck Gold.
    I love how you put that! I 100% agree. This game was definitely my favourite. I bought it while I was living in Japan and I went on the release date to get my silver version. I really liked the legendaries for GS as well. Some of the newer legendaries are getting a bit too bulky looking for me.

Aaah I really wish they would make a remake, just so I could fawn over it. Did anyone else -love- the starters?

nano351

Metal and Color games are best
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2013
    By Gold and Silver do you mean just those or the Gold, Silver, and Crystal?
    I'd say Crystal was the best... I just kinda stopped liking the games once the 3rd gen came out and I don't know about the new 4th gen...

Athena said:
    I really liked the legendaries for GS
    Me too the new games... Were just adding to many legendaries after this one.

Athena said:
    I bought it while I was living in Japan
    This was probably awnsered before but is it true that you can get celebi in the Japanese version (it might have just been crystal) also did you buy one of the color games while you lived in japan? If you did is it true that mew was only obtainable in the Japanese version in the game without a glitch?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2007
    Gold and Silver were the best pokemon games ever. And thought Pearl and Diamond are fantastic there will never be ANY game that can replace Gold and Silver.
    It has it's own feeling, I still remember myself really counting the days untill it came out.

The thing of which I think that should've been used in other games are MORE regions.
    Why not a game with Hoenn, Kanto, Jotho and Sinnoh all included?

Psi Yamaneko

Lunatic Pandora
    Years
  • Diamond and Pearl suffers from the Twilight Princess problem. In many ways D/P is more sophisticated than its predecessor: It's longer, there are deeper gameplay mechanics, the story is darker. But it won't replace G/S in most fans' hearts. It didn't replace G/S in mine.

Back