• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Best of All Starters (In Your Humble Opinion)

Best of the Starters

• Bulbasaur - Ivysaur - Venusaur

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Charmander - Charmeleon - Charizard

Votes: 10 15.2%
  • Squirtle - Wartortle - Blastiose

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • Chikorita - Bayleef - Meganium

Votes: 4 6.1%
  • Cyndaquil - Quilava - Typlosion

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Totodile - Crocanaw - Feraligatr

• Treeko - Grovyle - Sceptile

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Torchic - Combusken - Blaziken

Votes: 3 4.5%
  • Mudkip - Marshtomp - Swampert

• Turtwig - Grotle - Torterra

• Chimchar - Monferno - Infernape

• Piplup - Prinplup - Empoleon

Votes: 4 6.1%

• Total voters

Deathtolight

Pokemon Master
    Years
    squirtle, you cant go wrong with that pokemon. After 4 generations, it still is one of the best water types in the game(well blastoise is anyways)

JL3

FIRE AND DRAGON POKEMON TAMER!
    Years
    @~@, hey don't panic just because Feraligatr drenched your typho. If feraligatr is catching up on popularity then let it be, you can do nothing.

HEY MY TYPHLOSION TOOK DOWN FERALIGATOR IN ONE EATHQUAKE ATTACK, SO DONT MAKE FUN OF TYPHLOSION.

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I didn't vote for Mudkip because of the fad, but because I genuinely like it. Well, it's first stage anyway.

I actually don't like a lot of the starter Pokemon and their evolutionary stages. An example would be Torchic and Combusken. I hate the two personally, but I love Blaziken (second vote if there were one). Additionally, I voted for Mudkip because I like it, but Marshtomp, just no.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    Torchic>Combusken<Blaziken Best xD They're fire attacks shall blow you way *Blaziken uses fireblast on this thread* See what I mean *Smells the crisp blackness of thread* XDD

Hisoka1

&quot;Breast Police&quot; -Kanta Mizuno
    Years
    Well, before the new pokémon came out like in Blue and Red I liked Venusaur because when I got him evolved and strong I could pound on some people with Razor Leaf and such. But now I like Empoleon for no reason.

ConfusedOne

Strength In Wisdom... I Think?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2009
    I never expected Typlosion to get so much attention...

羨望

のトレーナー
    Years
    Better for me to say why did I choose Chikorita in Silver. Typhlosion is definately the coolest for me. He's just too powerful.
    Dang Right Typhlosion is the first Stater that i choose to play on my Cristal.He will be always my Favorite of all.^^

I guessed Typhlosion Wins.

Ren-Kun~

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2008
    I've always loved fire starters, I always pick them. So I picked Charizard. Out of the water ones, either Blastiose or Empoleon, Grass, probably Sceptile.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2007
    Cyndaquil line. Typhlosion is my all-time favourite pokemon because he looks like a weasel.. type thing. I don't know, I just find him really awesome-looking.

I do love the 1st and 2nd generation starters because they bring back good old memories. Nothing memorable can be said about the 3rd and 4th in my opinion. I don't really judge on battle prowess, appearance is everything. That said, I don't like the looks of the 3rd/4th starters. C:

ConfusedOne

Strength In Wisdom... I Think?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2009
    Nice. The Squirtle-Wartortle-Blastiose combo is tied for third. Thus one of the top choices for a starter!

I like this...

Back