• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen The best Pokemon in G/S/C?

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    Well, I've finished Crystal, and only just found out how to catch Lugia in it. And I love Lugia to bits! Personally, I think Lugia is the best Pokemon in the Metal Series! What is your preference on this?

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    As far as legendaries/rares go, I'd have to agree. <3

Lugia was awesome and I LOVED being able to catch it.

I didn't really like Ho-oh. (He was in... Gold... right?)

As far as just /normal/ Pokemon go... well... I always enjoy the starters. xD So, I'd have to say all the starters. But, that's a bit biased since the starters (they're... lemme try and remember... Cyndaquil, Tortadile and Chickorita in G/S/C, right?) are the ones I train from the beginning. :]

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    As far as Legendaries it's Suicune it's a Very useful Pokemon. I still use suicune in D/P

As for Regular Pokemon i like Typlosion it can learn Thunderpunch which will put it in contention with even water types.

Years

I thought Ho-oh was in Silver and Lugia was in Gold.
    Weren't they the opposite of eachother?
    I don't know, I've never played Gold or Silver.

Anyways...:p I like Houndoom and Typhlosion and Lanturn. ^^

Editman

Pokemon Collector
    Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    I thought Ho-oh was in Silver and Lugia was in Gold.
    Weren't they the opposite of eachother?
    I don't know, I've never played Gold or Silver.

Anyways...:p I like Houndoom and Typhlosion and Lanturn. ^^

Ho oh and Lugia were catchable in both games..One was just at a higher lv

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I can't remember which ones were in which.. it's been a while. >>

Now that I think about it, though, I'm pretty sure they were both in each.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Best or Favouite :S? Best, I'd have to say Lugia or Ho-Oh because they have the highest base stats :) (though, out of the two, I'd say Lugia is better because he learns Hydro Pump I think? :S Or some other water move which I cant remember XD) and Ho-Ohs water so....basically its self explanatory. Favourite has got to be Espeon (obviously XD) as its Psychic, has high Sp. Att but the main reason is because its so darn cute :3 :3 :3
    Suicune and Lugia come in a close second for my favourite though :) They are also soooo cute :3

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    I love Ampharos and it's pre-evolutions

OH! I almost forgot about Ampharos. <3 I love Ampharos, too. I don't like it's pre-evolutions.. but, I would find a way to get one of them anyway just for that Ampharos at the end. <3

Bigboy

15 degrees off cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2012
    Luigia was the best. I personally loved it and found that ho-oh was a complete waste of game space. (I know a little harsh)

But I also liked totodile, I can't look at totodile without smiling....

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    The GSC series had some of the best Pokemon IMO. Scizor, Lugia and Suicune are probably my favourites. I think that Tyranitar is probably the best Pokemon to come out of GSC. Its typing and movepool make it really deadly (in-game anyway).

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    The best ones in my opinion are Typhlosion, Tyrannitar (Sp?), Lugia, Amphoros, and Houndoom.
    All five of them look cool, have a decent-to-nice move set, and their overall stats are above average at worst (Or best).

Years
    Luigia was the best. I personally loved it and found that ho-oh was a complete waste of game space. (I know a little harsh).

Wait Ho-Oh was a waste of game space? It's max stats were equal to Lugia's, and it had a great moveset.

Check out the moves it can learn. Sacred Fire, Fire Blast, Flamethrower, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Zap Cannon, Psychic, Solarbeam, Return, Shadow Ball, Steel Wing, Fly, and Strength.

I don't know that doesn't seem like a waste of space to me.

Anyways, Tyranitar is pretty much a total badass.

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    As far as legendaries/rares go, I'd have to agree. <3

Lugia was awesome and I LOVED being able to catch it.

As far as just /normal/ Pokemon go... well... I always enjoy the starters. xD So, I'd have to say all the starters. But, that's a bit biased since the starters (they're... lemme try and remember... Cyndaquil, Tortadile and Chickorita in G/S/C, right?) are the ones I train from the beginning. :]

Ho-Oh could be caught in all the versions, but I didn't bother to catch it in Crystal. You had to catch three other legendaries to be able to. But in Silver, I cloned Ho-Oh into four of them XD

I love Feraligatr! It was my first Pokemon ever, and I don't think I could last a G/S/C game without it.

Lord, Suicune melted my heart.
    Suicune wasn't bad for me in Crystal. Took a hell of a long time to catch though XD

You guys forgot about Entei!!
    I mean solarbeam + entei = pwnage!!
    :D

and Tyranitar baby!!

I never had a Tyranitar...
    Entei kept running away. Eventually, I caught it in Silver, but I never encountered it in Crystal.

The best ones in my opinion are Typhlosion, Tyrannitar (Sp?), Lugia, Amphoros, and Houndoom.
    All five of them look cool, have a decent-to-nice move set, and their overall stats are above average at worst (Or best).

Ampharos...I love it! Though I never had one...
    What bugs me about it is that it is an evolution of Mareep, the sheep Pokemon. And try to ask me why I hate sheep. I dare you.

Best or Favouite :S? Best, I'd have to say Lugia or Ho-Oh because they have the highest base stats :) (though, out of the two, I'd say Lugia is better because he learns Hydro Pump I think? :S Or some other water move which I cant remember XD) and Ho-Ohs water so....basically its self explanatory. Favourite has got to be Espeon (obviously XD) as its Psychic, has high Sp. Att but the main reason is because its so darn cute :3 :3 :3
    Suicune and Lugia come in a close second for my favourite though :) They are also soooo cute :3

Lugia learns Aeroblast and Hydro Pump. The best moves ever!!! I love Aeroblast the best, though. I love Espeon, but how I got it was kind of an accident. I was training an Eevee to evolve it to an Umbreon, and it turned out I evolved it during the day! Lucky me. Espeon is a good Pokemon because it is Psychic, and Psychic Pokemon have some of the best movesets ever. They may not have huge and powerful moves, but almost all of them are in the 60-90 power range.

Who likes Dunsparce? I love it! I trained mine to lv43 and called it Gina! Cool, huh?

Last edited:

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    Tyranitar. It had an awesome type(s) and movepool, and an amazing defense. The only problem with it was that you caught it as a larvitar so late in the game...

Last edited:

月面兎兵器ミーナ

Lunar Rabbit Weapon Mina
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Feb 10, 2009
    I love my furret, she's called Chao, and I'm going to train her lots. o3o I don't care if Furret isn't strong, its still very cute! But I think Ho-oh, Lugia or TTar win strength wise. <33

Back