• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THE CELSE REGION - a ragtag group of misfit Fakémon drawn in a deliberately juvenile style

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    THE CELSE REGION - a ragtag group of misfit Fakémon (28/180)

I feel like I'm jumping from thing to thing. Sometimes I piss people off in one section, then talking about music and the band, even wrote the first 2 chapters of a terrible fic at one point, and then THIS HAPPENS.

What is life.

Like, seriously, what is life.

Anyways, this is a fakedex I've been working on for god knows how long, by the combination of collecting remnants of Fakémon I created from as early as 2007 until recently and combining them with new ideas and influences. The region is called the Celse region, divided into three main areas - the Celse Mainland to the north, the Arute Province in the south-eastern corner, and am archipelago to the south-west called the Kalma Islands. The idea is based off a hack I was working on, and hell, if I feel like it, I might pick it up again. However, my spriting is not nearly good enough for the ideas I have at the moment; consider it a work in progress for now. ;) (This also eans that the abilities applied to these fakemon will be gen 3 only...)

there was supposed to be a region map but professionality sucks right? :D

Anyways, I'll compile a list of the Fakémon here that I've created thus far, and provide links to the posts which have them in more detail. Because I'm organised and it's easier for me and you.

So yeah. My dex. Of misfits. Drawn in a deliberately juvenile style. Let's go. :P

CELSE REGION FAKÉDEX

001 Replant
    002 Crocklant
    003 Crocglide
    004 Singet
    005 Singtorch
    006 Singizzard
    007 Boasea
    008 Boacific
    009 Boatlantis
    010 Finchaff
    011 Finchwift
    012 Finchase
    013 Spectale
    014 Grapwatch
    015 Beethelm
    016 Acqhelm
    017 Terrhelm
    018 Larvett
    019 Sparcoon
    020 Ampifly
    021 Chimerry
    022 Kingjoli
    023 Pawatch
    024 Sharpyena
    025 Slashade
    026 Prutas
    027 Dosprout
    028 Petalorde
    029 Desclett
    030 Altwin
    031 Bassavage
    032 Ballby
    033 Tedlitz
    034 Cheevolt
    035 Sparvolt
    036 Macheeta
    037 Joexx
    038 Kangchamp

GRASS STARTERS - REPLANT, CROCKLANT AND CROCGLIDE
    Spoiler:

FIRE STARTERS - SINGET, SINGTORCH AND SINGIZZARD
    Spoiler:

WATER STARTERS - BOASEA, BOACIFIC AND BOATLANTIS
    Spoiler:

I have over 100 designs down already. It's 2 in the morning so I can't actually add any more of the designs I actually like but I promise I will in the future. ;)

Last edited:

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    These are pretty good!:) Although I don't really like the fire starter all it seems to do is grow and have a staff in each evolution.

Controversial?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    These are pretty good!:) Although I don't really like the fire starter all it seems to do is grow and have a staff in each evolution.

Thanks for the feedback :) Like I said, I really didn't like how most of the starters turned out (besides Boatlantis, I love that thing), but at the same time I made the other idea I had for the fire starter into a normal Pokémon just because it's so damn cool IMO :P (and considering how these mons may be put into a FireRed hack at some point if I learn to sprite or find someone that can, giving everyone the oppoortunity to get it would be awesome)

Anyways, I might as well go onward to the next wad of Fakémon I feel like showing; namely, the birds, the rodent and the bugs:

THE BIRDS - FINCHAFF, FINCHWIFT AND FINCHASE
    Spoiler:

THE COMMON RODENTS - SPECTALE AND GRAPWATCH
    Spoiler:

THE SPLIT-EVOLUTION BUGS - BEETHELM, ACQHELM AND TERRHELM
    Spoiler:

THE EARLY-EVOLUTION BUGS - LARVETT, SPARCOON AND AMPIFLY
    Spoiler:

So yeah more **** woo

Controversial?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I like the bugs and the grass starter a lot

Cheers! :)

I'll try and update this daily but I might miss out a few - probably will tomorrow - but I'll try and compensate.

Anyways, I've finally broken the boring early Pokémon phase, so I can actually get on to the good stuff. I'll add a couple more lines now. :P

THE, UM...OTHER BIRDS - CHIMERRY AND KINGJOLI
    Spoiler:

NOT QUITE SO TALL, DARK AND HANDSOME - PAWATCH, SHARPYENA AND SLASHADE
    Spoiler:

MY RAWST BERRY EVOLVED WTF - PRUTAS, DOSPROUT AND PETALORDE
    Spoiler:

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2023
    I like some of the ideas you've got here. I think an electric bug would be kinda cool. ^^

If I may make a suggestion: instead of sharpyena, how about something like canife (canine+knife), or hyenight(hyena+night), or some swap among those. (correct me if I spelled those wrong, I'm not always the best speller :D)

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2014
    Wow thats quite a project. I can tell you are really pouring your soul into this. One suggestion though I feel like your fire starters third evolution should be the second and the third one should be a little bigger and tough looking. I feel like the second one is a little awkward. But now that I think about it being a teenager is akward and the second evolution captures that in between time perfectly. I just feel like the fire pokemon should always be tough and cool, and not even have an awkward phase.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Wow, this is impressive to say the least. I agree with the above sentiments, this definitely appears to be a labor of love. I have a question though, sorry if it was mentioned and I missed it.

When you began this fakedex in 2007, was that just conceptual? Or are these drawings actually from 2007?

And second, are you planning on adding Fairy types to the dex?

Controversial?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I like some of the ideas you've got here. I think an electric bug would be kinda cool.
    20.%20boogie.gif

If I may make a suggestion: instead of sharpyena, how about something like canife (canine+knife), or hyenight(hyena+night), or some swap among those. (correct me if I spelled those wrong, I'm not always the best speller :D)

Hyenight actually sounds like a pretty cool name :P I'll consider it - it's quite final evolution sounding though ;) Cheers anyways (:

Wow thats quite a project. I can tell you are really pouring your soul into this. One suggestion though I feel like your fire starters third evolution should be the second and the third one should be a little bigger and tough looking. I feel like the second one is a little awkward. But now that I think about it being a teenager is akward and the second evolution captures that in between time perfectly. I just feel like the fire pokemon should always be tough and cool, and not even have an awkward phase.

Thanks :P I often get told I'm pouring a lot of effort into something (unless it's schoolwork - then I cba xD) Yeah I kind of got that sort of feeling with the Fire starter as well, it's a design I'm actually not the biggest fan of. It was originally a different concept and that line was later on in the Dex, but I think that switching those two ideas round was probably the best thing to do. Then again..... :P

Wow, this is impressive to say the least. I agree with the above sentiments, this definitely appears to be a labor of love. I have a question though, sorry if it was mentioned and I missed it.

When you began this fakedex in 2007, was that just conceptual? Or are these drawings actually from 2007?

And second, are you planning on adding Fairy types to the dex?

Thank youu :) Erm it's a long story; basically a lot of the ideas are compilations of ideas that I had and I'd been drawing them up since about...October, I think. I just didn't like how I'd designed so many Fakémon on MS Paint and stuff (because I was a kid and all that) and I never made anything of it. So I decided to do it now. :P

And on the subject of Fairy types, give me a break I only just got my head out of my arse about how the Fairy type ruined Pokémon!

....Okay that's not entirely true. :P I just really thought the concept of the Fairy type was really off at the time when I started drawing all of these Fakémon, so there won't be any primarily Fairy types around - although I think a couple combos could be tweaked a bit to add it. :) It's still my least favourite type, but I have no problems with it now - I'm also conceptualising a hack based on this once I teach myself how to sprite sometime next summer after my exams, and since I don't think the Fairy type can be added into a 3rd gen hack without a bunch of tweaking I doubt it'll make many appearances. Sorry :P

wow that was a long wall of text
    okay so

SOUNDS LIKE SOME MORE MONS - DESCLETT, ALTWIN AND BASSAVAGE
    Spoiler:

Unfortunately, it's like 11 in the evening and I'm tired so I can't post any more. But more will be up soon :P

Back