• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Challenge of the American Pokemon League

Years
    Joshua shrugged. "I heard it was supposed to be near the Gym. I'm sure we'll see it on the way or once we're there or something." He watched out of the window at the lights of the city. It would've made a beautiful sight, but right now, he was focused on the upcoming battle, and the whole scene seemed surreal. He went over the original plan, and started making backup plans just in case. The more he thought about it, he realized that the biggest threat to his team would be flying moves, instead of actual dragon attacks.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Cecily realized she was hungry, and if she was hungry then her Pokemon would definitely be hungry. She took a quick glance around herself as she waited at a traffic light and spotted a Five Guys. She gave a small smile and turned around and parallel parked next to the Five Guys. She let Odessa out of her ball and walked inside, savoring the smell of French fries and burgers. She got a bacon cheeseburger with everything on it, and after eating a third gave the rest to Odessa, who happily ate it. She got fries for Kata to eat later but for now it was probably a better idea to keep her in the ball due to the crowds.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2011
    Austin Wakes up relizing he will be late for the plane, He kisses his mom and Hugs his dad before getting in his 1997 Blazer. He is in Florida so He drives to the Miami international airport. Where he parks his chevy in the parking Garage.

He arrives at the airport with only 45 minutes to get to Gate b54 He arrives with 5 minutes left.
    He boarded the plane ready with all 3 of his pokeballs getting ready for the gym leaders. He had learned that the first gym was located at rockafeller center.

He arrives in New York in 7 hours easy and he gets out of the airport calls a taxi and heads for the 35 minute drive to Rockefeller centre.

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
    Years
    Chris looked at the monitor in the taxi. It said that they'd be arriving at the gym in ten minutes. He then remembered something. He took out his iPhone and texted to his parents that he was doing fine and enjoying New York. He then looked out the window. The Empire State Building went past, then Grand Central Terminal. "Man! Either theres little traffic or NYC's gotten smaller!", he thought."Hey! Hey kid! We're almost at ya detination!", the taxi driver said to Chris as they approached a large glass building with the American League Symbol on it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2011
    He pays the young taxi driver 35 dollars for the best taxi ride ever as he arrives at REockefeller center. He sees a few other trainers that look incredibly tough and he is sure he will not be the only one winning a badge her. He pulled out an iPad which he was using to write tasks to complete down and travel to new york is now off his List he waits in line for the people in front of him.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    "So, the gym is located in Rockfeller Plaza?" I hesitated for a moment, "Where the frick is that?" I pulled out a map and tried to locate it, once I did I decided to catch a bus. I headed for the nearest bus stop and waited. It was only a few minutes before the bus appeared. I gave up some change and took a seat. I stared out the window for the entire ride to pass the time. When we reached Rockfeller Plaza I walked off of the bus and looked around for the gym.

"Okay, it's a psychic type gym and the leader is some nineteen-year-old girl named Naomi." I started to think out loud as I looked around to see if I could spot it. It wasn't very hard as there were many signs and people that practically shoved you towards it. America must be really eager to test their new league. I headed towards it for my very first gym battle...

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    OOC: Irnstead, there is a sign-up thread for this, but its closed, no joining now.

IC:
    Cecily looked towards the gym, already she had a good feeling about winning. She wondered when the gym leader would be accepting challenges but was mostly content to look around New York until she could battle for a badge.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    After getting off of the Metro, she made her way to the Gym. The Plaza was crowded, as it always is. Especially so, since the Gym had just opened, and everyone wanted to battle. Like the week of Christmas, only less holiday decorations. That didn't make it any less glamorous, though.

It was a large glass building, that gave off an air of classy elegance. The American Pokémon League symbol shimmered in the afternoon sun. Unfortunately, the sheer amount of people crowing around the building blocked the view of the brilliant architecture. Literally, hundreds, or even thousands, of people accumulated at the doors. It was a large, noisy mess.

The staff obviously had their hands full, turning away all of those who lacked a Trainer ID, or too many Pokémon for their team. Many people weren't even trainers, they just wanted to check it out. There was also no coherent line, making things even more confusing. Rebecca sighed. She had a feeling that she would be waiting for quite a while, and regretted not waiting for a few weeks until the crowds died down.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    "Holy hell, one hell of a line, eh?" Asked a voice next to Rebecca, a boy standing there with a Monferno on his shoudler and a Sandile by his feet, both of the Pokemon looking around in the confusion of the massive crowd that had formed outside of the gym. "Guess this is what happens when everyone wants to get a taste of the action at the same time, yeah?" Another laugh and looked over at her. "Can't say you look too happy about the results..."

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    "Heh, you could say that." She turned her head to look at the boy. He seemed around the same age as her. He had his Pokémon out of their Poké Balls. "I knew it could get crowded in New York, but not this crowded. You from around here?" She asked. "I was thinking of coming back later, but that probably wouldn't help much."

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    "Eh, I'm from a little podunk town back in Indiana, no where near the big apple," he said with a shrug. "Personally, I think it's only gonna get worse from here." he grunted when he was pushed by someone trying to get closer to the gym. "At the rate this is goin', I think I may have to reconsider coming back here and hitting another gym." He turned to the girl and stuck his hand out. "Forgive me, that was rude of me. Name's Jeremy."

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    She shrugged. "Same here, I was thinking of going to the next state over, but I though I might as well challenge this one since I was already here." She turned and shook his hand. "Rebecca. You can call me Becky, Becca, or whatever. It doesn't really matter." She grinned.

Years
    "This is going to take forever!" Thought Angus while he is in line. As he looked at the line, there were roughly twenty five people in front of him. He guessed that there would be even more inside the building. He just wished that he can buy some food while waiting.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    I looked up and froze. "Holy...what the frick?" There was a mass of people crowding the gym, it wasn't even a line, it was disorganized and in chaos. "So many people...Why?" I asked myself, "Half of them probably aren't trainers, a third of the half who are probably don't have I.D's or have too many pokemon or something, and still after that I don't think there should be that many people."

I watched the chaos continue and started to back away. Maybe I should wait...like a year. I thought before catching myself and heading towards the gym again. No time for shyness, just rudeness. I took another look at the mass,Besides, that's what they're thinking too. I walked towards the mob and summoned my strength. I pushed through a lot of people, pushing some of them to the ground. Most didn't notice it was me doing it, so they started yelling at each other. A few did notice me, but for whatever reason they didn't stop me, maybe because I was making a path. I continued until I could see the entrance, then stopped. No need to have the staff throw me out.

I followed the flow from there until I got to a staff member, she checked my I.D and I was allowed in. I saw a mixture of people in the stands as a battle between the leader and a trainer raged on. Obviously she couldn't fight everyone at once. There was probably a list so we could come back when it got to our name, but for now it was just a good time to analyze her strategy.

It was a nice place, and the battlefield was made up of grass and bushes and a bunch of weird totems and statues, probably good for the psychic pokemon. I watched the current battle, it was just a little boy with a Pidove, he was defeated quickly. I waited and watched as each new name was called and a new battle commenced. I could be here for a while...

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    "Nice ya meet ya, Beck." he said with a grin and shook her hand. He then leaned down, which was no easy task with the surge of Pokemon trainers coursing around them. They were pushed along as he picked up hsi Sandile. "This is my Monferno, Blaze, one of my oldest friends-" The Monferno gave her a quick wave, gripping onto Jeremy's head to keep from falling off. "And this is Gurren." He held up the Sandile, who stared at her blankly. "I know it's weird to introduce your pokemon, but they hurt me if I don't." To accentuate this, Blaze pulled on his hair, making him grimace. He looked around for another moment and frowned. "God, the crowd just keeps growing, I don't think we'll get in until night..."

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    "Well I'd bring out my Pokémon and introduce them, but it seems to crowded for that." She looked around, and noticed some guy just push his way on in. "Hah, we just need to be a bit more assertive. Like that guy." She motioned to him. "If we're quick enough, we can probably slip through these crowds. It's chaos anyway."

Before she could get a response, she had already started to make her way through the crowd. She made her way slowly at first, not trying to clue people in that she was pretty much just cutting in line. Luckily, everyone was too caught up in everything to really notice, though a few people did get rather irritated. Eventually, she had made her way to the doors. She showed her ID, and after a brief check, she was let into the building.

Even indoors, the place was still crowded. It was, however, much more organized. There seemed to be a set order, and everyone had to wait until it was their turn. "This must be pretty exhausting for the Gym Leader." She said to herself, thinking aloud. Rebecca then glanced back to see if Jeremy was following behind or not.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Cecily was waiting near the front of the line for the gym, not exactly happy with the large number of people and the noise. Someone in an official looking outfit asked for her trainer I.D then let her through. She heard a shouting match start as the guy behind her was stopped, she heard something about the man having too many Pokemon before going inside the gym.

Their was a line in the gym to but it wasn't as crowded and much quieter, and their was an impressive view of the battlefield so the waiting opponents could watch the matches. She stared as some idiot lost an entire match in three moves despite having three Pokemon. "That was pathetic" she said, a little louder then she meant to but was relieved to see people agreeing with her.

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2012
    Jeremy, luckily, WAS right behind her. Having flashed his ID and managed to burst inside, panting a ltitle bit and shuddered. "Don't like crowds." he said as he dusted himself off. "Sooner we get this gym, the sooner we can hit the other states, eh?" He asked Gurren and Blaze, both who nodded in agreement. Seeing Becky, the only person he even remotely knew here, he walked up and stood beside her silently, holding Gurren in his arms and watching as the crowd spread.

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
    "You made it." Rebecca said. "That should save us a bunch of time. Granted, we still have to wait a while." She looked over at the battlefield. The person who had just gone up barely lasted two minutes before losing. "Though, somehow I suspect things will go by rather quickly." She smirked. She enjoyed having someone to talk to, though they had only just met, so wasn't sure what to think about him. He seemed nice enough, but it was hard to judge someone from appearances.

Rebecca observed the people in line. Some looked tough, they were calm and composed, so she assumed they at least had some experience in battling. Others looked pumped, whether they actually did have skill, or just overconfidence, it was hard to tell. Then there were the nervous ones. Their body language gave away their uncertainty, and they were most likely new to being a trainer. The ages also varied, from the young to the elderly. It certainly was a mixed bag, but they all had the same goal in mind. Fighting the Gym Leader.

Zamorak

Well, i'm back =P
    Years
    Cecily was growing restless, she wondered if she should have gotten a book or something before coming in here, the battles raging below were mostly pathetic and she had lost interest several minutes ago. She wondered how much longer she would have to wait before it was her turn.

Back