• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Children Are Hunted

Garet

GhostFire
    Years
    Rebel Deviser
    Name and Age: Garet TruthSeeker, 10 years of age

Personality: By nature, Garet is serious and tends to be blunt in conversation. He judges others more often by their actions than by their words, resulting from a childhood of broken promises. He does not try to be social, as it would interfere with his work (or so he thinks) and has few friends, if any. Garet's a loner, really, RDM affiliations and position aside. He has a burning hatred for the AAPM, as they were responsible for the capture of his father and possibly his mother. Garet usually stays calm and keeps his temper, though he might do so through gritted teeth if it ever gets to that point. It's not often that he loses control of his temper, but if it does happen, then one would be a fool who would stay in front of this Arcanine.

As a Growlithe, Garet lived with his parents in what humans call the Mongolian-Manchurian grassland. It was noticed that ever since they'd appeared, a few animal populations in the area, notably the Mongolian gazelle, had been gradually dropping over time.
    Garet's father, an Arcanine, often promised to do something or other with his son, though he just as often didn't live up to his promises. Garet never really understood why his father would promise something and then dismiss it somehow. Garet soon became used to his father's talk and would grow excited only when they'd actually do something together.

Roughly 4-6 years after the Arcanines and Growlithe had appeared, some AAPM field agents were notified of the "pests" of the Mongolian-Manchurian grassland and came to remove them. Garet's father was captured while away from the rest of the family. Before the men found the others, Garet's mother caught the scent of humans and left Garet in one of the hiding places they'd made over time, then ran off to lead the AAPM field agents elsewhere. Some time passed before the men passed by Garet's hiding place again after doing Garet-doesn't-know-what to his mother; they mentioned something about the "threat" of the RDM (whatever that was) and Beijing.

After waiting for a few more hours, Garet left the Mongolian-Manchurian grassland with directions from a passing flock of Pidgeys and headed for Beijing, which, according to the Pidgeys, was a city. When he arrived, it was difficult at first to adapt to actually getting his own meals and to live on food that usually wasn't fresh and often wasn't meat. Garet managed to survive, though.
    A few months after coming to Beijing, Garet saw a few humans who were trying to capture a Pidgeotto for some reason that the Growlithe didn't see. After jumping into the fray, Garet and the Pidgeotto were able to drive off the humans (who happened to be wearing similar outfits to the humans who'd appeared in the grassland).
    The Pidgeotto was, as it turned out, a member of the RDM. Through a bit of talking with each other, Garet learned that the RDM was fighting the AAPM, some of whom had just been trying to capture the Pidgeotto. It was enough for the Growlithe to know that he could do something to fight the AAPM. Soon, he'd joined the ranks of the RDM.
    Sometime in recent weeks, Garet was able to evolve via a Fire Stone that had been found.

Appearance: Garet is not a normally colored Arcanine. The fur that is commonly orange is instead as white as a batch of clean snow; the usual cream-colored fur is, on Garet, actually a few shades darker than snow. The black stripes remain the same. Garet has a very wiry build with good muscle tone. A bracelet is worn above the left forepaw, with RDM in large, bold letters on the front.

Type of Pokemon: Arcanine

HQ Base: Beijing, China

(If I need to add an overview of Garet's history, then I can do so.)

Last edited:

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    Go ahead and add an overview, Garet, and you're accepted. ^^

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    "Hello there young miss. Out awfully late aren't you?" The black-haired girl turned with a wide-eyed, innocent expression, nervousness floating in wide hazel orbs. There was a man standing there, one at least half a foot taller than he was.

"W-Who are you?" Her voice trembled and she stepped back and away from the young man.

"Oh... just your neighbor you freaking idiot!" The male took on a fierce look and went up to him with a look of exasperation on his face. "Jeez Zoran, how could you just walk out of the house without saying goodbye? I thought you actually, ya know, liked us?"

Zoran grinned and let his voice drop slightly to his original voice. "Glad to see you too Mickey."

Mickey groaned. "Honestly, you are hopeless without me!" He walked up, rapped his knuckles on the other's head. "Here." He tossed the boy a backpack. Reflexively, Zoran caught it and put it on under his cloak. "So you don't, like, starve or something."

"Thanks Mickey," a shy voice hummed, the figure of a transparent young girl appearing through a wall. She looked a lot like Zoran, only her features were softer and she was at least five years younger in looks. Mickey puffed out his chest.

"No problem Zaria. I'm counting on you to keep your stupid brother safe." Zoran rolled his eyes playfully.

Her young eyes lit up and the ghost spun excitedly. "Y-Yeah! I'll do my best!

Bobbing his head in acknowledgement, Mickey turned back to Zoran, who was waiting patiently for the sentimentality. "All right then, your Pokeballs are in your hands, you won't starve, Zaria's with you, I guess that's it. Oh wait, one more thing." Mickey did something extremely out of character: he hugged Zoran. "Stay safe. When you find your answers, please... come back. I dunno why you're going or how you're going to get wherever it is... but this is always your place so you have to come back here."

"I'll try my hardest," he told his friend and gently returned the hug. Zoran pulled away after only a few seconds, wearing his familiar smile and innocent look, all the girl again, as people thought he was. "You should go," he murmured, voice softly purring now. "You don't want to be caught in the act." Mickey scowled good-naturedly and left, anxious to get home before his parents found him out. Zoran and his sister watched him go, then the male turned and left.

"Zor?"

"Yep?" Zaria had long since gotten used to her brother's free gender switching and had simply learned to stop commenting.

"Why are you doing this?" Her brother thought a moment then shrugged. Zoran was rather happy he was alone right now. People would be looking at him weird, since most of them couldn't see Zaria.

"Not sure to be honest. I just have to get out of here is all."

"B-But what about those two teams? They could kill you!"

"Then I'd be a ghost with Zaria. Easy-peasy." He gave his sister a cheery little grin. "It'll be all right. Now then... the first gym's in Mt. St. Helens..."

"Great," Zaria groaned, feeling a faint exasperation. "You've got two groups who could kill you and the first thing you do is head to an active volcano."

"Zaria sounds like Mickey." Zoran abruptly stopped and raised his voice. They were at the edge of town already. It was still dark but Zoran was anything but blind in this place. "Would you stop stalking me and come out?" He asked, not bothering to change his voice. Best to keep the morons confused.

The woman chuckled and revealed herself. Her brown hair fell down her back in waves and blue eyes glittered dangerously. "Well, well," she commented. "It looks like being with these freaks long enough also causes insanity. Hm... good to know."

"Who are you insulting?" Zoran inquired innocently, tilting his head just so. He dropped his Pokeballs gently to the ground. Instantly a bone was at his throat, the Cubone waiting tensely.

"Don't try anything funny kid," the woman warned. "I'm taking your Pokemon, by force if necessary."

"Kind of hard to do that when I don't have them." The woman frowned before she was knocked over by a violent looking Houndour. The creature howled shrilly into her ears. With this, a blue lion cub leapt, sinking frozen fangs into the Cubone's flank.

"Doom," Zoran hissed and the Houndour obeyed, running back to him and scooping up the Pokeballs. The names weren't original but his sister had made them up. Gesturing to the ghost, Zoran covered his eyes and hissed. "Now Sparx!" The Shinx's body began to glow, emitting a white-hot light, blinding the woman. When it faded, the boy and his two Pokemon were gone.

The AAPM woman cursed. There was no way she could find him in the mountains. Heck, he might even die there. She would certainly hope so.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2011
    Natalya seemed to float down the staircase, Sneasel by her side and Shuppet trailing behind her. The others were lined up below waiting to say their goodbyes to her. She was about to leave on a journey for a reason even she couldn't name.

Many goodbyes streamed from the crowd joined by a few teary eyes. Natalya stopped to tell every individual goodbye.

"Do you really have to go?" Ivana, a six year old girl ask as she rubbed tears from her eyes.

Natalya placed a small hand on the girl's head as she looked into her eyes. "Yes, child, I must go. Do not worry or cry for me, for the is already a much greater sorrow in this world that must be helped."

Ivana sniffled but wanted to remain strong. "I'm sure you can do it Nat!"

Natalya let out a faint laugh as she moved on down the line. Finally she reached Mrs. Petrova, the owner and runner of the orphanage.

"So, you are leaving us to travel the world. That is a dangerous path you are choosing. I will not stop you but I will warn you it will be harder than anything you have done in your life. Before you go I have something for you." Mrs. Petrova said seriously, pulling out a package from behind her back.

Natalya looked at it curiously. "What is it ma'am?"

Mrs. Petrova handed it over and Natalya carefully tore off the wrapping. Opening the box she lifted the contents out, inspecting them. The box contained a new outfit, fresh, clean and not worn down, including a new insulated coat and a pair of snow boots. Natalya's face was bright with a wide smile plastered across it.

"Thank you so much! This must have cost so much. How can I repay you?"

"No need. It's the least I could do to help you. You're first destination is the gym in Siberia right? You would freeze in what you're wearing now. Hurry, go change, there's one last surprise for you."

Natalya rushed off to change into her new clothes. Her outfit now consisted of fresh pair of thick blue jeans, a black long sleeved undershirt with a black t-shirt with silver shooting stars on it, black snow boots lined with faux fur, and a thick, insulated black coat with deep pockets and a silver shooting star on the back. She stored her old clothes in her backpack along with a bit of food, a pouch of money, and some pokeballs she had unwillingly taken. It was a dreadful thing to take a creatures freedom and she was reluctant to do so. The Sneasel and Shuppet that were always at her side did not have pokeballs and stayed with her completely of their own will.

As she walked back out and towards the door she said her final goodbyes, thanking Mrs. Petrova once again before walking out into the brisk air outside. The sun was bright in the sky and she had to shield her pale eyes from it's radiance. Finally adjusting she saw her last surprise.

"Katya!" Natalya yelled as she ran to embrace the girl. They both met in an embrace, squeezing each other tightly.

"It has been two years, my friend." Katya smiled in happiness at seeing Natalya again after so long. She was dressed in fine clothing, an emerald green dress hugging her skin, thick leggings covering her legs with heeled boots covering her feet. Her light blonde hair hung in waves around her round face, her emerald green eyes had a glaze of tears over them with a perfect white smile completing her look.

"I see you are doing well. The family who adopted you must be very well off. They care deeply about you, yes?"

"Of course, they treat me like a princess. They are quite dear to me. In fact, as soon as I heard you were leaving they let me come here not only to see you off, but to help you get to your destination." Katya gestured to the car behind her.

"You mean that you will be giving me a ride?" Natalya was quite surprised indeed and also a bit relieved. She was until this moment unsure of how she was going to make it all the way to the Siberian gym.

"Isn't it exciting? Now hop in! We've got a bit of a ways to go so we should get going." Katya walked around to the other side and got in the back. Natalya turned to look one last time at her home before sliding in the car herself, Sneasel and Shuppet following suit.

"So, do you know how long the ride will be? We have so much catching up to do. I've learned a few more numbers on the piano. Do you still sing?" Natalya had not been this overwhelmed by joy and excitement for a long time. Though, as always, it was soon cut short.

Katya would not meet Natalya's eyes and kept starring at the window. The driver was silent, but Natalya could see a sly grin on his face in the rear view mirror. Something was not right here.

"Katya... What is going on?" Natalya asked her friend cautiously. Katya still refused to look at her, a single tear running down her cheek, but she did begin to explain.

"Natalya, there are things you do not know. Things about those creatures you call friends. My adopted parents, my family, they will show you the truth. For now, your journey is postponed. You are coming with us back to the mansion. Right now you probably don't understand and you might even hate me, but this is for your own good. The group my adopted parents work for is called AAPM, short for the Alliance Against Powerful Miracles, and they will tell you the dark truth about those things."

Natalya was completely shocked by what her friend had just told her. She had to act. She had to get Sneasel and Shuppet out of harm's way. But before she could do anything both Katya and the driver slipped on a mask, a small Oddish had been sitting in the front passenger seat and had gone unnoticed by Natalya. Before Natalya could do anything the Oddish released a strange powder, causing her and her pokemon to drift off to an unpleasant sleep.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
    Years
    (Oops, sorry, I'll do better)

Thomas had been driving for hours. He had found money in the glove compartment, so he had stopped for gas and food a couple of times. He made sure to buy road maps. His driving had gotten much better, but as he grew more and more tired, it began to suffer. He weaved a little to the left. He realized his mistake, and deftly turned it into a lane change. He had to laugh. His mother always complained when people cut her off, and he had done just that to someone. He saw the sign for New York, and realized he needed to get off the highway. He swerved to the right, and he did so way to hard. He found himself driving into a sign. The car slammed through the sign, and into a great tree. He was lucky he was wearing his safety belt, as he would have gone out the windshield. As it was, he was jammed into the Airbag. It rocked his skull and sent him into a head-splitting daze. He tried to open the door, but found it stuck. He tried t move his other arm, and it felt like being struck by a bolt of lightning. He felt something drip down his face. It smelled like blood.

"Not so cool, are ya kid?" he heard. He looked around. The man he had taken the car from was sitting next to him. How was he here? Thomas had left his sorry butt back in Georgia!. He tried to reach out and touch him, but his arm gave an almighty protest and he gave up. He tried to form a sentence, but couldn't even open his mouth.

"Heh, don't bother. I'm not really here. But know this, I am coming, and I am not amused! I have powerful friends! And we will take your Esper!" The man said, before fading away. Just like everything else seemed to be. He was dimly aware of sirens, but didn't care. He just wanted to fall into that sweet slumber that was calling his name. He felt something shift in his pocket. Then he felt a presence in his mind. Not a voice, just someone was there, holding onto him. He tried to push it away, tried to let it let him fall asleep, but it came back. It held him, gently, and comforted him. He turned to look beside him, and saw Esper. Esper's eyes were glowing a deep violet. Thomas stared into those eyes, losing himself to them. But it was better than losing himself to the darkness. He felt the presence welcome him. Then, after what seemed like an eternity, someone ripped open the door on the passenger side. They shoved Esper out of the way, and pulled Thomas, ever so carefully, onto a stretcher. Thomas felt the calming peaceful presence slip gently away, and allow him to fall into that darkness, now that he had someone to take care of his wounds and insure that he would be able to be brought out of that darkness, Thomas let it come. After that, everything went black.

zapdos926

I'm secretly a typhlosion, shh
    Years
    looks fun :)

Name and Age (Human or Pokemon): Toran Estro, 15, pokemon

Personality: Toran is calm, collected and somewhat shy. He enjoys hanging around with others, but is perfectly content with just sitting and staring at something. Toran is very observant. He loves looking at nature and enjoys sitting in trees for hours on end. Sometimes he gets up early to sit and watch a flower bloom or a leaf unfurl. He has only one psychological fear, and that's bees, wasps or anything with a stinger. He is absolutely terrified, not the run screaming scared, but paralyzed until it gets 20 feet away scared.

Appearance: Toran is pretty normal for a Typhlosion, other than his back and fire. He has black fur rather than blue, and his fire is bright blue. He keeps a small glass ball on a string with a small flame in it. The flame never goes out, but acts as a mood ring of sorts. When extremely sad, the ball will freeze over (the flame wont go out) and get extremely hot when angry. The flame defies gravity too and will only

Type of Pokemon: Typhlosion

HQ Base: I'm confused about this part... the other ones say Beijing, so Beijing, China

Sorry it's short but I couldn't think of anything else. It's a somewhat small SU sheet

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    OOC: I might sometimes pop in and give you all another main idea for a post, but for now, just keep posting. ^^

Mark's eyes wandered the entire trolley, looking for any escape. Ten minutes into his journey and he had been captured. Maybe he should just go with Merin. Maybe then, he might be able to go back home, and shield his father from those disgusting neighbors of his. No. He couldn't go back home empty-handed. At least, he should go back home with one badge, something tangible to show everyone. For now, he had to find a way out of the trolley. There was two problems. Merin could read his every thought, and he had taken Gligar captive.

Was there any way to turn off Merin's psychic powers? Mark closed his eyes and began to think.

Problem:Merin's Psychic powers were going to be able to prevent any attempts at an escape.
    Solution: The only thing he could do was make a distraction of some sort. But, that presents another problem, with him being tied up and all.

Think. Gligar can't use his moves, so he had to find another way. Merin seems to be very protective over Pokemon. First, he tried to wiggle out of the rope he had been tied in. Ropes are just as tough as you struggle. He moved gently and swiftly, unraveling the rope around his hands. Mark looked through his nearby bag. His stuffed animal! It was a normal bear, but maybe, Merin wouldn't be able to tell the difference in the darkness. He untied the ribbon around his neck, then took some extra string and tied it to the end of the ribbon. All the while, he was trying to focus his mind on something, anything, other than what he was doing. He tried remembering past memories. He thought of when he caught Gligar. How he had found him shivering in the rain, bruised. Mark caught a tear roll down Merin's cheek as the trolley pressed forward. He had him now.

Mark finished tying the new string around the bear's leg. It had to be as far down as it could be. Now, it was time to act. The only way to get the bear out was a small hole in the trolley, near the right back of it. He had it out, now, he had to throw it, and he was terribly UNathletic. He tried unrolling the string all the way, and then tried to swing it across the trolley. But, it was no use. It couldn't make it, it wasn't long enough. Mark stuck his arm out even more, trying to make it long enough. He swung it with all his might. A miss. He swung it with everything he had. It made it. How? The trolley had stopped moving. Merin wasn't driving anymore. He felt a tug behind him and there was Merin, looking down at him.

"You are a capable human. But those fake thoughts weren't enough to keep me occupied. Maybe I should do away with you know." he sneered.

Not knowing what else to do, he charged at him, using his string as a strangler of sorts. He missed, but in dodging him, Merin had hit his head on a seat. Mark had no idea if he was dead or alive. But he could hear breathing. He could see the bump on his head. He took a band-aid out of his bag and stuck it on the bruise. Then, he took Merin out of the truck. He noticed the phone he had been talking on before. He grabbed it out of his pocket and dialed the last called number, Base. It rang.

"Merin! Where are you?!"

"He's hurt, he's on the outside of," Mark looked around, "Route 45. Near.. Japan!"

"Who is this?!"

Mark hung up the phone. Maybe he should take it with him, it might come in handy. He ran into the trolley and freed Gligar.

"Okay Gligar, it's time to drive..."

Garet

GhostFire
    Years
    Garet sighed. First, he'd been called to Shanghai for some reason he didn't know, and now he was supposed to be looking for a runaway trolley?

The Arcanine bent his head again to sniff at the ground. The human-smell was less than a half-hour old; underneath it was the smell of a Pokemon. According to the others back at the base near here, this trolley station was where Merin had picked up a boy with a Gligar. Less than ten minutes ago, a call from the Kadabra's phone had come through, but with someone else talking. Since he'd been available, the white Arcanine had been chosen to run here, to some trolley station in rural Shanghai. Now, Garet was supposed to follow the route that the blue trolley had been taking.
    Or, supposed to have been taking.

Do they think I can just fetch a trolley? Garet thought, stepping off of the station and onto the road. The Arcanine had been shown a map with the trolley's route highlighted, which he'd memorized, and been told to start from where Merin had picked up the human and Gligar. His mission? Find Merin and, if the Kadabra could take care of himself, find the blue trolley. Retrieving it and the boy were priority.

Garet shook his head. The only way he could follow the boy's scent was if this trolley was moving at a snail's pace. At least he knew what to do for now.

The Arcanine turned and began to run along the road, following the route he'd memorized on the fly. This had been one of the reasons he was chosen to find the trolley - Garet could run faster than it. And, if he'd judged the urgency right, the base thought that there wasn't much time before the boy could disappear. Maybe this was why I was called out here in the first place, Garet thought, slowing a little to turn left.

Some minutes later, the Arcanine skidded to a stop in the middle of the road. Nose flaring, he detected the smell of human, somewhat brief but fresh. The boy had been here, probably off of the trolley. Garet followed his nose to where the scent was strongest, coming upon an unconscious Kadabra. Must be Merin.
    So, according to the call that had come through, this would be Route 45 here. That is, if there was a Route 45 around here. Garet still had trouble with words.

In any case, it looked like Merin could take care of himself once he woke up. The mission's priority was finding the boy and the blue trolley, which couldn't have been gone long.
    Garet snorted. "The day I find a trolley with a smell is the day that I willingly jump into water," he muttered.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    The Chinese-Japanese bridge was maybe five minutes up ahead. The trolley skirted along the road like a pebble on water. Driving was harder than it looked, but Mark was getting better acquainted with the system. From the mirror that just barely hung above him, he could see all the tire tracks he had left behind. Say Merin actually did work for a larger company, they would want this trolley, and maybe even Gligar. He focused and tried to stabilize the car's movements. But they would still know the main path he took, they must know he is going on the bridge. He would have to abandon this trolley... but not yet, he had to go over the bridge, a ship would take too long. They might find him.

He rolled up to the toll-booth, and handed the attendant the money before preparing to drive off. But nobody took the money. Mark looked over to see the regular attendant knocked out on the floor. A camera on the top of the roof looked over him. Mark stepped on the gas pedal, but not before the camera snapped a picture of him. He zoomed off over the bridge as fast as he could. The bridge was maybe 50 miles long, probably longer. He would get to Japan in maybe an hour. But that was more than enough time for any of those bad people to kidnap him and steal his Gligar. Gligar?! Where was he? Mark looked back to see Gligar flying around, enjoying life, while he drove this machine, scared for the end of his life. He took a breath and breathed out. This was supposed to be a chance to find out who he really is, not an attempt at suicide. But, yet is was much similar to the latter.

Halfway through the bridge, Mark decided to stop for a while. He looked at a sign that told him the mainland was maybe 20 miles forward. He then noticed a smaller ad at the bottom. It had a strange ball on the front, red on the top and white on the bottom. A Pokeball? That's what the ad said, it said that it could capture these creatures. Maybe that's what Merin meant by trapping Pokemon. He read what it said underneath:

The AAPM, stopping those malevolent cretins from growing their population. We work for the humans, we fight for the humans, and we will kill, for the humans.

How scary and straight-forward. Suddenly, a small bird landed on the railway of the bridge. It was a light blue color and it seemed to be distracted by anything shiny. How nice, how could this company say that Pokemon were disgusting cretins? They're lovable, beautiful creatures, more so than humans will ever be. He got back in the trolley and drove off. In the mirror, he could see a familiar shadow. It was the bird. It seemed to be happy in the back of the trolley with Gligar. Mark pulled over once again and took out his small red machine to learn more about this Pokemon. It wasn't entered in the small computer.

"I think I'll call you, Ducky. That is if you want to come along." he looked at the small creature. The bird looked down at its small yellow feet and then turned its head.

"You know, if I go with you, I won't be able to talk anymore. But... I felt something, yup definitely felt something, sure enough, I felt something! I feel safe with ya. I'll go." the bird spoke. Mark wasn't that surprised anymore at a bird speaking, but, is that why Gligar hadn't talked to him. He chose to be his partner. So... if a Pokemon chooses to be a human's partner, they can no longer talk.

"Well, if you want to come along."

The bird nodded, they could no longer speak. The trolley kept forward, stopped at the toll at the end, and continued, failing to notice that the gym pamphlet with their location flew out a window and landed on the bridge.

******************************************************************************
    Regis Rominoba picked up his phone. It was the fake attendant he had assigned to knock out the regular attendant in the second bridge toll booth.

"Yeah, he drove by here, he has acquired another Pokemon, a Ducklett."

Regis' fists clenched, but thensmiled. More Pokemon to be taken. He thanked the man and called one of his scientists.

"How is the ultimate Pokeball coming along?"

"It's coming. But we need that boy of yours."

"That'll be the easy part. Pull some Field Agents, and send them to Tokyo. That's where he's headed." he smirked.

Nideous

Years
    Thomas woke in a daze. He was lying on his back on something that may have been comfortable being on it for a day or two, but wasn't anymore. He was partially aware of a blanket covering him. He opened his eyes and tried to sit up. His head burst out into pain from the mere motion, and he let out a hoarse cry.

"Good morning, kiddo! You've had a rough time of it," a man said walking into the room. Thomas examined him. The man was dressed in pale green scrubs. He stood about six feet tall, which was not too much taller than Thomas was, and was a bit fat. The more appropriate term would have been overweight, for he wasn't that fat. His face held many wrinkles, and his hair had begun to recede and turn gray. Thomas guessed he was about forty or fifty.

"Ugg, my head hurts... Wait, what have you done with Esper!?" Thomas asked, his voice cracking a little. The man chuckled a little and said, "See for yourself."

He opened the door wider and moved out of the way. The room beyond it seemed to be a waiting room of sorts. It was rather large, but Thomas could only see a little of it. The wall that he saw was decorated with little figures of pokemon, much like the walls in the room Thomas was in, once he looked around. From what he could see, Esper was in the room being gawked at by a plethora of children. The fiend was enjoying all the attention he was getting. The kids were petting him and brushing him. One was even feeding him candy corn.

"Hey, Esper! I'm alright!" Thomas said as loudly as he could. Esper tilted his ears in acknowledgement, but stayed where he was, accepting another candy corn from a boy that was about 11 or 12.

"Hah, alright now kids. Lets let Esper rest. He has to say good bye now!" the nurse said. The children all gave a collective sigh as Esper walked over to the room.

"Where are we? How did we get here? How long have I been out for? Who are you?" Thomas asked. Esper jumped daintily on the bed.

"Well, we are in New York General Hospitle. After you crashed, someone called the police, who sent an ambulance out, they brought you here. You have been drifting in and out for a few days now. You hit your head pretty hard, but thankfully there was no brain damage. I am Mr. Stevens, the nurse assigned to you. You have a broken arm, and a concussion, but the concussion isn't as serious as the police think it is. In fact, we should take off that neck brace, and let you get alittle more comfy," the old man said. Thomas was livid. He would be stuck at the hospitle until he healed, then taken to jail for stealing that car! Mr. Stevens chuckled again.

"Don't worry, I will help your police problem. You can sneak out the back room, and head for the gym. If you can get the badge there, you will not be able to be touched by the law. I will call my friend Jerry. He works for the NYPD. I'll explain the situation to him, and he'll take care of it. After all, no one can blame you for fighting the AAPM. They've made life hell for all of us who love pokemon!" Mr. Stevens said. Esper purred his agreement. Thomas had several problems with one solution. He had to beat this gym, even if it killed him. He asked where his belongings were, and was pointed to the dresser. Mr. Stevens left, and Thomas got dressed and collected his pokeballs. Mr. Stevens came back with a phone.

"Here. My number's saved in there, as is Jerry's. We'll help you anyway we can. The gym is at the corner of Maine and 2nd. If you put Esper back in his ball, you should be able to walk there with no one stopping you. Just follow the crowd, and you'll get there! Good luck with your dream!" Mr. Stevens said. Thomas shivered as he called back Esper. How had the man known about his dream. He may have been talking in his sleep. That must be it. Thomas walked to the room he was told to leave from, and quietly made his escape.

Years
    "Nora, don't go!"

"Please! I'll miss you!"

"Noraaaaaaaaaaaaa!"

Children's voices filled the room, varying in sadness and upset by age. Nora Doyle was currently surrounded by her four of her five siblings, who had made a fell-strategized hug ring around her. Nora squirmed lightly, her arms squished against her sides from the clamp-tight hugs.

"I-It's okay, I'll be back one day," Nora said nervously, unable to help but feel guilty about her departure now. How would her brothers and sisters be able to get along without her? She had always been their leader, their rock in times when even their mother couldn't help them. How would they feel when she was gone?
    Gone.
    One of Nora's eyes watered a little.
    In just a few minutes, if her siblings didn't keep her inside for longer than that, she would be walking out of the doors to this place for the longest time. She would be saying goodbye to their small, warm, cozy wooden home; goodbye to their garden outside, goodbye to the woods nearby, goodbye to her family and her friends.
    So much goodbye.
    It was hard to handle.

"Nora?" The littlest of her siblings, a young boy named Peter who had just turned five, looked up at her with big watery eyes.
    "Why are you crying?"

Nora shook her head, wriggling one of her arms away from the hug clump to wipe at her eye. "Oh, it's nothing, Peter," She said, flashing him a big, warm smile before tussling his head. The hug clump around her tightened.
    Nora's younger brother, who was named Mark, stood slightly away from the hug clump, his arms crossed. He watched the scene with a blank look on his face, Nora's Ivysaur standing silently by his foot.

"Everyone, let go of Nora," Mark commented, sighing softly. The younger children all looked up at him, making faces.
    "No!" Peter replied stubbornly. "Nora is staying!"
    Mark sighed. As the second eldest, he felt like he had to take responsibility for this whole mess. After all, Nora had to leave, and he knew it was going to break her heart enough even without everyone trying to kidnap her into staying here.

"Ivysaur, do you mind?" Mark asked, glancing down at the Pokemon. He eyed him suspiciously for a moment, then nodded. Two vines extended from its back, and he carefully wrapped them around the midsection of Peter and a girl who was seven, Mary. They both squealed and squirmed, but Ivysaur picked them up and carefully pried them away from Nora, pulling them over to Mark.
    Mark walked over to get the other two children, who were bigger, simply pulling them away from his sister.

"You all must realize how you're making Nora feel. Leaving is already hard enough." Mark told them, frowning. "It's hard enough on all of us. But she'll be back. Right, Nora?"
    He turned and looked her square in the eyes.
    Nora blinked, a little taken aback by his seriousness. She had never seen her brother look this way before; act so...worried. "Y-Yeah. Promise," Nora replied, smiling at him. She wrapped her arms around his neck, giving him a squeeze.
    "I love you, Mark." She said.
    He rolled his eyes.
    "Yeah, yeah. Just get back safely."
    Nora smiled. "No problem."

Nora picked up her bag of her belongings, signaling to Ivysaur who walked diligently to her side. With a loud sniffle, Peter started crying.
    Nora walked over to him, patting him gently on the head. "It's okay, Peter. I'll have such good stories to tell you when I come back," She coaxed.
    "Nora," Mark said. "You should hurry. Mum and Pop will be home soon, and you said..."
    Nora nodded.
    "Yeah. I don't want them to try and stop me. Mark, you'll take care of everyone?"
    "You can bet on it." He replied, with a mock bowing gesture like a butler would give a princess. Those days of pretending to be princess and knight, with the younger kids being other members of royalty and dragons, were now over. It hit him with a painful pang of heartache to realize this.

"Goodbye, everyone. I love you all very much!" Nora exclaimed, sweeping each of the children into her arms one last time. She said a few more goodbyes, then walked slowly out the door, shutting it behind her once Ivysaur had gotten through.

"Oddish?" Nora called. Her Pokemon was sitting behind a bush, and it hopped out of the ground, running over to her feet.
    Nora picked him up gently. "Time to go see the world, it seems." She murmured. Nora walked to the front gate of her home, slipped through it, then closed it.
    She looked straight ahead, biting her lip.
    With everything she had, she wanted to look back, and go inside.
    But she knew she couldn't.
    Without daring to give her home another glance, Nora moved forward, leaving the life she knew behind.

ooc:
    What Gym would she go to from here? @_@;

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    He had made it. He was in Japan. Not in Tokyo, but he was in the Japanese area. He was in a small city, Nigata, not incredibly far from Tokyo, but still at a distance. Ducky and Gligar were flying around him, trying to find ways to entertain themselves. Mark decided to look back at the pamphlet of the gym, and see what kind of Pokemon were to be expected. He opened his backpack. It should be under the... the stuffed bear. The stuffed bear?! He must have taken out and it must have been blown away. Somebody would pick it up, and somebody might try to head there first. Mark jumped into the trolley, and Ducky and Gligar followed suit. Mark bowed his head. What was he doing? He had no idea what kind of Pokemon the gym leader used and somebody probably had picked up where he was going. What if he got caught again? He couldn't handle another escape. And when he did get there, would he beat the manager of the gym? He revved the engine of the trolley and prepared to depart.

The engine didn't start. It needed gas. How funny, that even when on the biggest journey of his life, Mark had to worry about minuscule problems such as this. He began pumping gas into the trolley when he saw something rustle in the bushes. It was a light yellow color. Mark grabbed his backpack and headed over. He walked to the side of the site of the rustling and peered through its foliage. There was nothing there. He decided to go into the market on the gas station to see if he could buy some extra food for him and his pals. He walked in, and that's when he saw them. They were the same items that were in the advertisement. They were small spheres with red on the top and white on the bottom.

"Kid, you here to buy some o' these new capturin' machines?" a gruff voice asked. It was the manager of the store. He wandered over to the cash register and got it ready. "They're 'rand new, straight from the folks at the AAPM."

The AAPM? That was the same name of the company on the advertisement. Mark didn't need more information to know that that group of people were evil. The way they say that Pokemon are awful creatures. They were majestic and beautiful creatures that truly needed further study. Mark decided to buy five of them along with some extra food for the ride to Tokyo. He was almost out of money, he would have to pick up a job soon. Mark looked up at the man to find him glaring at his hair, at his appearance. He took out a piece of paper and looked at it, then back at Mark.

"Say, is your name Mark Rom-i-neeva, er somthing?" he asked.

Feeling a little estranged, Mark answered, "Yes, why?"

The man handed him the piece of paper. It was a note. A note from his father. It was in different handwriting. This couldn't be from his father. He read it.

Hello, son. I am surprised you have made it to this point. If you don't know everything about my identity, then you shall learn of it soon, and you will appreciate it. I know you will. I know where you are headed. Tokyo is beautiful this time of year.

How could he have known. The man looked at him, curiously. Mark walked back outside with the bags of food and the Pokeballs. On accident, he tripped on a gas stain on the ground. His Pokeballs went everywhere. One rolled into the bushes, and he heard a young scream. Noooo! Mark looked in the bushes to find the Pokeball. There was something in it. The button on the front was blinking on and off. Then it stopped on a pure white color, letting out a slight ding. He tapped the button and it shot out a red laser-like hologram. There appeared a Pokemon. Mark rummaged through his backpack to try to locate the Pokemon that matched it. It was a Cyndaquil. It looked similar to a hedgehog, but smaller and instead of quills it had fire. It looked as if it had been damaged and scared. He picked it up, and it closed his eyes with his paws.

"It's okay. I-I want to be your friend." he picked up the Pokemon and what he had bought. He carried it to the trolley and placed the Pokemon inside. He pulled out cloth and poured some alcohol on it. It didn't seem to do much. What if he mixed it in with some Neosporin. The he mixed in some water and placed the concoction in an spray bottle that used to have some hair gel. He sprayed it on the Cyndaquil, and it began to feel better. It jumped on his shoulder and hugged his neck. Mark smiled. He looked at his new "potion"; yes, that suits it just fine. A potion. The Pokemon curled his body on Mark's shoulder and began to sleep.

"Hey guys," he looked at Gligar and Ducky, "Do you want to have your own Pokeballs? It would help for a quick escape. But, I won't keep you in them. That would be...." he remembered what Merin had said. He was going to prove him wrong. They nodded with anxious eyes and pressed the center button. They were blasted in. The center immediately stayed white. He pressed both buttons. They both exchanged scared expressions, but then smiled. They stared at the steering wheel.

"Right, time to get back on the road." but he couldn't take his mind off his father's note.

Nideous

Years
    Thomas walked down the road. It was rather large and had a great many cars driving on it. Thomas was almost glad he had crashed. He had gotten good at driving, but the streets of New York scared him.

"Wait up!" Thomas heard someone shout. He turned around. The boy that had been feeding Esper candy corn was chasing after him. Thomas stopped, more than a little confused. The boy caught up. Thomas examined him. The boy was actually about his age, but was a little short. His face was decidedly cheerful, framed with straight blond hair. His eyes were a piercing blue that made Thomas a little uneasy. That being said, there was no malice in them.

"I'm Marcus O'brian. It's nice to meet you! I came to give you something," Marcus said, reaching into his pocket. He pulled out a bag of pokeballs, and a case. Thomas looked at the case.

"That's a badge case! You put the badges that you've earned inside. You already know what pokeballs are. Mr. Stevens told me to come gave these to you. He said he forgot to," Marcus said. Thomas accepted the gifts. Then he was suspicous.

"I doubt he 'forgot' to give them to me. What's the catch?" Thomas asked.
    "Oh, I think he knew that I wanted to ask you this, but can I come with you? I'm a trainer too, but I don't want to take the gym challenge. I just want to explore! Me and Clefairy won't slow you down at all! So please?" Marcus asked. Thomas considered this. On the one hand, he didn't want to involve Marcus in the trouble he knew that he would find on his journey. On the other, it was awfully boring traveling alone. He had started to talk to himself, after all.

"You sure you want to come? I've made enemies of a rather powerful group. This could put you in danger," Thomas said.
    "I know, but I still want to come!" Marcus said. Thomas smiled. Perfect, now if something happened, Marcus couldn't complain to him about it!

"You should catch another pokemon! The gym leader has three of his own! Esper won't be able to take all three," Marcus said. Thomas agreed with him on that point. He needed more help. He looked around and saw an Electrike. Thomas smiled.
    "I'm going to catch that Elektrike!" Thomas said.
    "Hah, wanna bet!" the Elektrike said. Thomas blinked.
    "You can talk?" Thomas asked.
    "Course I can! All of us can! Cept the ones bonded to you humans, that is," the Elektrike said. So that was why Esper never said anything.
    "All right. If you don't want to come, then I won't force you. Later!" Thomas said. He and Marcus walked away.
    "Wait! I changed my mind! I can see something different about you! I'm sick of people trying to catch me when I don't want to be caught!" the Elektrike shouted.
    "So... because you don't want to be caught, you going to let me catch you. That makes no sense to me, but what ever. Welcome to the team!" Thomas said, hurling one of his new pokeballs. The Elektrike jumped up and let himself get caught. Thomas called him back out.
    "Hm... I should have asked what to call you before I threw the ball. Oh well. How does the name 'Volt' sound," Thomas said. Volt looked up in approval. Thomas called him back, and he and his new friend continued toward the gym.

Garet

GhostFire
    Years
    Garet's nose flared as he looked down at the tire tracks he'd found at an intersection of this road he'd found Merin on. Burnt rubber wasn't agreeing with the Arcanine's sense of smell. "At least I know how to find the trolley," he muttered, turning to run down the road that the tire tracks had led to.
    Just why did the RDM prioritize this boy over Merin? Even though Garet had seen the Kadabra stir as he left, it seemed strange that the RDM would be trying to kidnap someone who, as far as the Arcanine could tell, had no part at all with the AAPM. Maybe it was something to do with the Gligar that the boy was supposed to have around.
    "Eh, finding this boy is top priority anyways," Garet said, following more tire tracks. At least he had a good chance of catching up soon.

~~~~~

This definitely had the boy's scent on it. Garet stared at the human words on the page of the pamphlet that was face-up, wondering just what it was supposed to be saying. Wherever this boy was going, it seemed to be somewhere on the other side of this bridge.
    And the boy had definitely taken the trolley out of Shanghai. Maybe even out of China, if the water below was a sea. The Shanghai RDM base probably wouldn't like this.

Garet sighed. They'd said nothing about when or where he could abort this mission; they hadn't even said whether he could do it or not. "Moving on," the Arcanine said to himself, running again. Until he heard otherwise, he had a trolley - and a boy - to catch.

One thing Garet missed, though, was that, as he ran by the second bridge toll booth, a camera flashed at just the right moment to catch a full-body picture of the white Arcanine.

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
    OCC: I'm the unchosen character so I'm not playing the big role yet.

Ventus was counting through all the spare change he had left, "3 dollars and 20 cents.." He quietly muttered to himeself, the Charmander who had saved him was scanning the area, it was a Pokemon center where Pokemon were healed for a very high price. "Destiny....... Great and Terrible...." Ventus said to himself again like all those other days. "Ok i guess it's time." He addressed Charmander to leave with him. Ventus was going to call and check up on his sister who had learned the truth ever since his disappearance 5 months ago. Ventus put in 1 dollar and dialled the number..

"Hey!" his sister's voice greeted him, "Oh hey, hows everything?" Ventus asked, his sister jumped on a monthly report of her life, "So nothing out of the ordinary happened except some of those rocket guys started to terrorise the town..." She added in nervously. Ventus's eyes flashed with shock, "You need to get out.... take all the money under my bed it's about a few thousand and get to the coast...." Ventus instruced her fearing for her safety. "And also.. arrrrrrg!!!" Ventus had been pulled back, "Ventus, Ventus?" his sister asked curiously. Another figure hanged up the phone. Ventus elbowed the person restraining him hard in the stomach making him double over. The 2nd figure charged at him and crash tackled him to the ground. It was dark and Ventus saw Charamander coming to him and scratch the attackers face. "Arrrg you!! We'll all get you.." The mystrious attacker claimed. "Well it won't be you.." Ventus mocked as he right hooked the attacker in the face instantly knocking him out cold. As he was about to leave Charmander made a sound "Char.." Ventus turned back to see Charmander pointing at the insigina on the shirt his attackers were wearing, "R for Rocket." Ventus bitterly spat as he walked off to the distance.

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    (OOC: I have my own style of battling when I'm facing myself, I don't really show the humans' commands. Also, I forgot to post the Pokemon stats.)
    Cyndaquil/ Volcan: Lvl 18, Ember, Smokescreen, Quick Attack, Leer
    Ducklett/Ducky: Lvl 16, Aerial Ace, Water Pulse, Water Gun, Defog

Mark hadn't realized that he had entered another island. So that meant crossing another bridge. He pulled out the small map he had been using to get around. This bridge was nowhere on the map. He looked at the year the map had been published. 2010. Mark wondered if the land was slowly moving apart to form new islands. No, that's impossible, how would that even be caused? He couldn't risk crossing it. Mark parked the trolley neat the first toll booth, but out of sight. He walked underneath it so that he wouldn't be spotted. He pulled out a small mirror, the extra thing he had gotten at the market, and used it to peer inside. Sure enough, there was a shiny camera there. It was recently made, but not yet a year old, so it had to be placed here recently. Mark thought back to the toll booth attendant at the past bridge. He was wearing a shiny gold pin, and the regular attendant clothing. It didn't seem that different. Mark stuck up the mirror again. There was nobody there. So maybe he could find a way to disable that camera. He motioned for Gligar to come to where he was. The purple Pokemon glided out and came to where Mark was still sitting, unseen by the camera. He crawled out and walked to the back of the toll booth. It was unlocked. Yes, somebody had been here earlier.

"Gligar, come here." he whispered, "Can you unscrew that camera with your tail?" Any different attempts would result in either Gligar being spotted, or the tape inside still being able to b seen. He had to leave the camera perfectly in tact. Gligar listened and unscrewed the tape case, Mark following to pull out the tape. He tucked it away in his bag and walked back to the trolley. He started onto the bridge until he saw a bright light come from the other side. It grew larger, until a bright red motorcycle was in sight. A young woman, maybe 1 year older than Mark, stepped off, thrashing her hair as she took off her helmet. She wore a dark red, leathery dress that went up to the end of her thighs and dark blue boots. On her right shoulder, she wore a small gold pin, similar to the one on the bridge attendant. She held up a strange looking Pokeball, it was blue on the top with small red markers. On the bottom, it was the same white as a regular Pokeball.

"Listen kid, I'm not supposed to let you get past me. The name's Clair. I'm from the AAPM on Blackthorn Mountain near here. Prepare to go down!" she spoke gruffly.

She threw the small ball and out popped a small snake-like creature. It was blue with small wing-like fins popping out of its slender head. Mark knew it was no use to use his small computer, he had never seen something like that. He yelled, "Ducky, please come help me!" The small, light blue duck came flying.

Ducky sent out a Water Pulse. The other Pokemon dodged it with ease and fired out a blue fire attack. Ducky took the attack and tried for an Aerial Ace. The Pokemon caught her with his tail. Then, its tail began to glow and smoke blew from the scene. Ducky couldn't battle anymore, Mark wouldn't let her keep going.

"Ducky, for now, I"m sorry but you must return to your Pokeball. Now, Gligar, please help me now!"

"Me and my Dratini will take all your Pokemon!" Clair yelled, her eyes burrowing into his skull

Dratini shot out another attack of blue fire. But, Gligar was too fast, he flew around the attack and went in for a Poison Sting but the small snake whirled a tornado like attack straight towards Gligar. He began to swirl around and around, caught in the Twister. Gligar fought against the wind, trying to power up his Quick Attack. He quickly gained momentum, soon his claws began to glow as he moved out of the tornado. He headed straight for Dratini. It stuck up its small tail to trap him, but Gligar swerved underneath it. Then he crashed into it sending it far back. Caught in the weak point, the Dratini could no longer battle.

"No, Dratini!" Clair's voice quieted. She realized that she had showed emotion for this Pokemon and quickly shook her head, "Dratini, how could you lose. You-you useless Pokemon!" she stuttered on the last line as if it was painful. She picked it up and jumped on her motorcycle. She rode away, over the bridge. She had to have been the guard for this bridge for the AAPM, and there was no other toll booth. Mark entered in Dratini's information into his small computer and turned to Gligar.

"I've never seen you use that attack before. Did... did you learn it just now?"

The Gligar nodded. They both entered the trolley where Ducky would be treated. Volcan was still sleeping inside and Mark looked around at all his Pokemon. They can learn, they can adapt to harmful situations. These creature, these Pokemon were amazing and fascinating.

"I think I'll call that move... Brick Break." he said to small Pokemon, looking back at the dent he had made in the brick wall of the bridge. The trolley carried on. Tokyo was their next stop, and it was so close.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
    Years
    • she/her/they/them
    • Home
    • Seen Jun 4, 2024
    That woman isn't that smart, is she? Zoran walked back into city limits that morning carefully walking around the outskirts to the other exit of Independence. Clutching a compass, he carefully followed north. Beside him, Doom and Sparx trotted, Sparx occasionally spinning around after a moth.

"What Pokemon are you going to look for?" Zaria asked softly.

"Erm... probably a Water-type. The Gym is very hot after all."

"You mean like that guy?" She pointed at a blue amphibian Pokemon, where a fin was twitching on the top of its head. Sparx growled and charged, looking excited for a battle. The Mudkip yelped and bolted, just as Doom bit gently into Shinx's back and yanked her away.

Zoran sighed and quietly went after the Mudkip. He had seen blood on the creature's back leg. Plus Mudkip usually live in swamps... they don't like fresh water. Zoran knew that from classes he had taken with Mickey. "Zaria, stay with Sparx and Doom all right?"

"Got it!" The ghost hovered between them, trying to calm down the agitated Sparx. Zoran swiftly moved into the trees, faintly seeing the fin poking out through shrubbery. Taking the initiative, Zoran bolted ahead, cornering the creature.

"H-Hey," Mudkip squeaked. "What's the big idea huh?"

"You escaped from a breeding facility didn't you?" Zoran asked casually, leaning against a tree.

"Wh-what'd make ya say that?"

"You've got special features, ones that don't appear on wild Mudkip. Plus, your leg's bleeding and that's usually where they put the tags. Finally," Zoran smiled faintly. "You fled from humans."

"Lotsa Pokemon run from humans."

"But you do it with a purpose, not the usual, you know, response to loud noises."

The creature grimaced before snapping. "Well who cares if I did?"

Zoran shrugged. "Nobody really. I just came here to fix your leg. Plus, if it's all right with you, would you like to come with me?"

"You know what I am and you still ask that?" the Pokemon cried in surprise.

Zoran shrugged. "Sure. I mean, my stuff's back there and I'll need you to join me so I can fix your leg. That's all. But..." He stood up and began to walk off, altering his features slightly. "It's your choice. I'm not forcing anybody." Mudkip paused and then nodded. He didn't have much to lose.

"I'll go."

Zoran sighed. "All right. Listen, before you magically forget how to talk, your name's Cody."

"Uh... sure."

The teen turned, picked him up, and started to head back. "It's my dad's name," the teen said quietly. "And you remind me of my dad."

Their walk back was silent.

Nideous

Years
    (OOC I decided to make the gym leader my self. If you don't like it, let me know and I'll take this all down. Also, my team is:
    Esper (Espeon): level 15-Psybeam, Psychic, Shadow Ball, Bite
    Volt (Elektrike): level 15-Thunderbolt, Quick Attack, Double Kick, Discharge

Current traveling companions:
    Marcus (NPC)and his Clefairy-level 12-Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand, Metronome)

Thomas strode into the gym, with Esper and Volt right on his heels. Marcus walked in a little behind him, and a lot friendlier looking. Thomas walked smugly right up the the first man he saw.
    "Hey! I'm Thomas Browning! I'm here to challenge the New York Gym Leader!" Thomas said with confidence. The man smiled at him. He was a young man, about 25 years old. His hair was blonde, and cut short. He was dressed somewhat plainly, with a pair of black slacks and a white T shirt that had a lightning bolt on it. He almost could have been an older version of Marcus. The man gave a wide smile.
    "Hello, I'm Blitz! We haven't had a trainer come by in a while! I'm the gym leader here. Let's get started right away!"

"Ok! Where's the battlefield?" Thomas asked. Blitz showed him to a back room. It was a plain concrete field. Thomas looked up. The ceiling had a great deal of wires and cords. Great, this would mean that the electric type moves would be stronger. Oh well, Blitz would naturally have the advantage in his own gym.

"I have three pokemon, but you only have two. So this will be a two on two battle. In addition, only the challenger may switch his pokemon out! I call out my first pokemon, Flaffy!" Blitz said. The Flaffy looked very fuzzy. Thomas smiled. It was all he could do to stop from laughing. A Flaffy? The pokemon was a sheep. It had blue fur, but it's wool was off white. It's ears and tail were alernately striped black and yellow. Thomas sent out Esper.

"Esper! Use Psybeam!" Thomas said. Esper shot a rainbow colored beam toward the Flaffy, who dodged it very quickly. Thomas knew this would be tough, as the Flaffy let loose a powerful Thundershock, which sent Esper flying into a wall.

Last edited:

Roserade

Proud Member of the PQ.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2014
    Information Moved to OOC Thread. Link in First Post.

Clair: AAPM HQ, Blackthorn Mountain

Clair walked into her office. She had chosen the perfect spot for it. It had a large glass window that overlooked the entire mountain. At the bottom lay a small pool of magma, the perfect touch for an evil lair. She radioed in her arrival in the small device on her collar. Then, she decided to change back into her regular clothes. She didn't like this uniform, it didn't.. feel right. She changed into a pale blue dress that went up to the midpoint between her thighs and her knees. She kept her boots, she enjoyed their color. Then, she put on her necklace. It was made up of a blue ring with a light blue orb station in the center. She sent out her Dratini, and stared into his eyes.

"Oh, Dratini." she began to tear up as the words came out of her mouth, "You must go. I have grown too attached to you. You will be sent somewhere else. A camera caught my showing sentiment for you." She remembered the battle she had with the young man. She had never encountered such a strong spirit. With weak hands, she rubbed the orb on her collar. Her eyes began to glow, and she could see the boy, Mark. He had arrived in Tokyo; he was now entering the center. He had made it there, something his father would never have thought possible. Then again, he didn't even know that the Great Regis, commander of the AAPM, even existed. She turned her attention back to Dratini. She picked him up and he squirmed onto her shoulder where it curled around her neck. Clair put her head against the small dragon.

"Oh, Dratini." she said this in an entirely different voice than before. Her words were full of care and happiness. The small Pokemon reminded her of her hometown, Blackthorn City. It was not far here, or at least the ruins are. When Pokemon first appeared, one angry Pokemon had destroyed her village, tearing apart homes and relationships. Her younger brother, her mother, and her father. All gone. That is the only reason she had joined the AAPM. Revenge. But lately, she had been feeling empty, as if she shouldn't be doing what she has been doing. A beeping sound broke her daydream, it was Regis.

"Attention, Clair of Blackthorn," his voice was deep and focused; usually she felt surprised that it would come out of the frail man that was Regis, "We have located another child. Their name is Zoran. That makes three. My son, Zoran, and Thomas Browning. Also, it appears we have new footage of a RDM agent, an Arcanine. He seems close on my son's tail. We can't let him get to Mark first." Regis commanded, but Clair could see a lump in his throat and his face beginning to grey. She didn't know how to respond; should she follow Mark or should she destroy the Arcanine.

"What is it you want me to do, sir?"

"Follow my son, he should still be in Tokyo. Make sure the RDM does not come in contact with him and make sure you are not seen. If you fail, you will never see your grandmother again. Understood? Clair, you have failed in your attempt at winning in a simple battle, and you seem to be growing attached to that Dratini. Is there something you wish to tell me?"

Clair remained silent, but through her eyes, she let out a message saying, "Back off." Regis beeped out and Clair fell to her knees. They had been keeping her grandmother away from her!? She took a deep breath and walked to the Aerial Command Sector. Dratini was the one to notice a tear fall from her cheek and a small robotic device on her neck.

**********************************************************************************************************************************
    Mark - Tokyo

Mark had arrived in Tokyo, the city of wonders. The beauty of the lights made Mark feel as if he had arrived home. He loved the spotlight, though, he would never let anybody know so. He found a quaint little hotel on the corner of the main street. It was small, but it would be affordable, which was the best he could buy right now. He might also be able to find a job, or more information about the Gym Master. He parked the trolley on the lot, as close as he could to the shadowy region, and walked in.

"Welcome to Lavaridge Hotel! Here we offer full hot springs and rest space for the weary traveler." a small old woman took him by the hand and whisked him to the front of the check-in desk. "Will it be just you, young man?"

Mark stared at her in complete awe. He had no idea what just happened and now he was at the hotel check-in line. He didn't even know if he could afford this, but he decided to anyways. "Yes, it's just me. My name is Mark, Mark Ronimoba."

The old woman perked up even more and shone a large smile. She was missing two teeth and one of them on the bottom was a pure silver. "Ronimoba, you say. Are you sure you will be staying alone? I heard somebody say that exact name. Or was it.. nope! Had to be you. Yes, Mark Ronimoba, heard it. And these must be your friends." she looked at his Pokemon. "Yes, these are very nice Pokemon." he speech slowed down as she looked at the three companions. She shook her head as if to gather her thoughts.

"Excuse me. Have you heard of a Pokemon Gym near here. There is this pamphlet, and it says..."

"Minerva! Yes, Minerva. That's my daughter. Strong woman, she is, but travels a lot." she sighed and tears began welling up in her eyes. "Haven't seen her... in a such a while. She uses Pokemon of the steel variety. Yes, I'm quite sure. Are you going to challenge her?"

"Yes... steel-type? What are-"

"Now, I have this Pokemon. My daughter left it with me, but it won't listen to a darn thing I say. Would you take it? I'll give it you, if you could bring back a letter from my sweet... Minerva."the tears were unleashed and began rolling down her cheeks. Feeling a bit out of place, Mark held her shoulder and smiled. She attempted to smile back, but it was no use. She gave him the Pokeball with a crumpled up piece of paper, a letter perhaps. He grabbed the key to his room and walked towards the stairs. A familiar voice rang in his head. No, not in his head. He heard it again and cringed.

"Merin. How did you get here so fast?"

Last edited:

Nideous

Years
    Okay. So it has been established that the Electric-type Gym Leader's name is Blitz. As we don't have any RP Gym Leaders, we should all follow Nideous' example, and OOC the Gym Leader. The Pokemon are yours to pick, but they must be reasonable. If you have 5 Badges, the Water Gym Leader will probably not have a Magikarp. If you want, PM me or somebody else willing to, to be the gym leader for the battle, but I'll only do this two times. The others, you should be able to do yourself or we may actually get gym leaders. ^^ I updated the Gym Leader information.

Nideous- Your Electrike shouldn't evolve that quick, and a Gym Battle should be at least 2-3 posts. That battle would be too easy, so, could you redo the battle, this time heeding these instructions?

Sure! Give me some time to think of something appropriate. And, I may not have made it clear, but I intended for Blitz's Electrike to be the one that Evolved. Not my Volt. I should have made that clearer, but I guess I messed up. Oh, and I'm guessing that the Bolt Badge looks like a lightning bolt? :P

Esper struggled to his feet. Flaffy came flying toward him with a Quick Attack. Esper picked up the pokemon with Psychic, and hurled it backwards. Flaffy hit the ground. It stood back up, and used Thundershock again. Esper blocked it with a Shadow Ball, causing an Explosion between them. Flaffy came through the smoke with Rollout. Esper dodged it, and sent a Psybeam back. Flaffy jumped over the beam, and sent back a Thundershock. This one hit home, but Esper refused to go down. This was looking bad. Esper was hurt, and that Flaffy didn't seem too damaged. Thomas refused to give up though. Esper unleashed a dizzying array of Shadow Balls and Psybeams.

Last edited:
    Back