• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Clone of Mew

Satoshi_Red

Ketchup Devourer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010

Update: Put up screenshots. Not the best shots, but whatever.

'IDEA'

Basically you play as Mewtwo, from his very beginning. You track down those responsible for your creation, and Mew itself, along the way fighting the other legends, and Team Rocket, and various others. There will be sidequests, and I will try to make it so you can be a partially good guy-- or not.

Giovanni will, of course, try to hunt you down as his lost creation, and try to force you into being his little toy for taking over the world.

As an adult, your psychic powers are not as strong as they are supposed to be, due to your mind never being much used before you woke. This is basically my excuse why you can't auto-destroy the world and such.

So...;

Intro is done. Titlescreen probably needs to be changed but, only spoiled people really /need/ that.
    I used to have quite a bit else done but now I'm revamping it.

You: Mewtwo
    Nemesis: Mew.
    Others who Mewtwo makes as enemies: Countless.
    Allies: Anyone you manage to brainwash or strangle into obeying you.

Is hack of: FIRERED. Read before asking questions.

Coder/Spriter/Etc Team: Me. (I'm open to having other people, though.)

Features:

Working Mewtwo Sprites (I'll work on them to make them even better soon. Fly even perhaps?)
    A sense of humor
    Modified Maps and Pokemon (Minor)
    Story/Plot (Still working on coding it, heh.)
    Some handtyped/modified codes

...And then that pretty much sums it up, except for a few other minor details that I can't be bothered about. I know this piece is sort of discombobulated.

I don't know if I'll finish, to be honest. Although, to put so much effort into something and not use it (Though I've been having fun cracking up my sister. ^_^ She finds it amusing.) would be a real waste... People are always saying things like 'Never give legends as starters' and 'Dark Psychic start sets don't work because Dark is immune to Psychic and that breaks the whole traditional pattern'.

update:
    The Clone of Mew

The Clone of Mew
    The Clone of Mew

Last edited:

kid1513

~ Pixel Artist
    Years
    Hmm...another idea with legendary POKeMON is starter...
    But...good idea...!!
    ...But why Gary is your rival? I think Mew is your rival...( Hello? Pokemon is trainer's rival?)
    Anyway...good luck!!
    PS: First post!!!:D:D

Satoshi_Red

Ketchup Devourer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Oh.

Well Mew is your 'Nemesis'. Big difference. (Not really)

Gary is your rival only in the sense of an annoying bug who randomly attacks you because he thinks you mind-warped his grandpa... Which you are actually guilty of.

...Wow, I've never had anyone respond so fast before. Thanks.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Uh...Do ya know how to script?
    If not...this hack will suck...
    Uh...which ROM are you using? FR I would presume, right?

Well, the idea is awesome....so good luck!

Satoshi_Red

Ketchup Devourer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I can code somewhat (I recoded Pro. Oak's movements); I'm still getting the hang of it but I have done coding on different things before. If nothing else, I can do the 'fiddle with it, see what happens, then fiddle with it some more'. I've already done that once or twice.

I'd really like to be able to figure out how to do something like cause an entiry city to go 'boom' after an event (guess the cause) and I think doing something with having two different maps and some sort of warp script that only comes into affect after a certain flag is tagged or something. I have no ability to write that off the top of my head (For one I have no idea what numbers I'd use.) but spending a few hours working on it I'd probably be able to puzzle one out that works.

sanny the hedgehog

Back by popular demand?
    Years
    that sounds more funny than epic, i mean when i saw the whole part about warping minds i cracked up! but like those other two guys said what are you useing? but still good luck with this!

Satoshi_Red

Ketchup Devourer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Eh, I was going to make the first release... But I think I should revamp the entire intro/beginning town. Entirely get rid of the humorous grampa scene and make things darker and more plot-related, like a lab creation of Mewtwo-scene. -falls over and croaks- Not looking forward to it. Make your rival someone who thinks you /killed/ his grampa instead, perhaps...... Would be more realistic and unique. A bit dark for pokemon, I suppose, but whatever.

Some other things that I'll hopefully get to add on is maybe a circus and a police station, but I'm still seeing what's possible. It would be cool to have little side-missions you could accomplish. Going to take a lot of time though...

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    Eh, I was going to make the first release... But I think I should revamp the entire intro/beginning town. Entirely get rid of the humorous grampa scene and make things darker and more plot-related, like a lab creation of Mewtwo-scene. -falls over and croaks- Not looking forward to it. Make your rival someone who thinks you /killed/ his grampa instead, perhaps...... Would be more realistic and unique. A bit dark for pokemon, I suppose, but whatever.

Some other things that I'll hopefully get to add on is maybe a circus and a police station, but I'm still seeing what's possible. It would be cool to have little side-missions you could accomplish. Going to take a lot of time though...

death is nothing new to pokemon
    see pokemon r/b with cubones mother!
    I think a darker pokemon game would be better
    Maybe release a beta of a darker one and a light hearted one see which is rated better and make that one?

also, in the darker one, make the rival a scientist that was pulled from the rubble of the lab that is hell bent on destroying you!
    I see potential in this hack and ill help with ideas like i do for colloseum advance if ya want :)

Satoshi_Red

Ketchup Devourer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    I'll go with the darker one. It just has a stronger plotline; even if it might disappoint kiddy fans.

Okay, thank you. I'll work more on getting the beginning recoded, hopefully finished by tommorow, and then you guys can look over it and offer advice and stuff.

One question, though. Would it be totally evil of me to lower Mewtwo's stats to more resemble one of the starters? I think it would make gameplay tougher; but Mewtwo is supposed to be, you know, kickass. XD. If I do I won't do it immediately, though. Being able to go through the game faster is good for testing stuff out quickly.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    I think you should lower it a bit, and you might want to change the moveset a bit.

I mean, what kind of game would it be if you just went: hello Mister friendly Butterfree... DESTROY!!!! *Uses Psychic and kills it in one hit*

Satoshi_Red

Ketchup Devourer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Yeah.

Perhaps after blowing up the laboratory, due to your adult body being unused to psychic extertion, Mewtwo becomes 'exhausted' for awhile and is only able to use, say, pound, and minor psychic abilities like keeping up his out of battle illusions. The almighty whimpy legend!

...Yeah, I think that'll work.

For my police stations, I think one of the sidequests they give could lead to getting the pokedex, possibly. That would be kind of cool. I'm getting a bit better at programming now, so I'll try to fit that in with the other stuff in the first beta. ...Although why Mewtwo would feel like occasionally deviating from his main quest to do random acts of kindness I don't know, unless he was partially a good guy. I guess it'll give the option of you playing a slightly nice or completely dark mewtwo...

Last edited:
    Back