• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Crystal [pg-16]

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    [[OOC: Short post is short. Nothin' to say but... I'm tired and have TWO exams tomorrow >.<]]

[Friend?] Spoink's mindstream was open, but he doubted anyone was still listening to him. He clenched his stubby fists as he lay in the dirt. [You are mistaken. Never was Jen my friend. Perhaps, once, she thought so, but that girl... she does not know why I chose her. She does not know the power within her -- the power she was handed to on a silver platter, and the power she carried with her for so long. And when, if ever, I should need the help of a penguin, I shall ask for the assistance of one far stronger and wiser than you... Lise.]

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
    Lise ignored the angry creature, continuing into the forests. The sounds and smells of destruction were not far off. He didn't need to be psychic to follow common sense.

Of course, I suppose when you gain a heaping amount of insanity, common sense kinda drifts away.

Lise raised his beak to the sky, sniffing once more. He'd seen it in the clearing-- Kabutops was not insane. Merely doing what he needed to. Spoink was lost in a pointless struggle with himself, and Lise knew that at this point the only thing he could do was walk away.

Mother also told me, he remembered happily, to forgive your enemies-- nothing annoys them more.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
    <You should let him go. He can't help that he's a pompous idiot. Maybe when he's left on his own, he'll realized how easy it is to do everything he wants to do.> Lise said and walked off.

[I feel sorry for you and I don't care if you don't want my pity.] Lametto said, slamming the already injured Spoink into a tree, but not releasing him.
    [You don't have a friend in the world.] Lametto slammed him into the ground.
    [I can't imagine why though...] He said sarcastically.
    [You won't, you can't, let anyone help you. You are too full of yourself.] Lametto slammed him into a second tree.
    [Again, I feel a lot of pity for you.] Lametto said.
    [Now go, and don't come back and less you are going to change,] Lametto said, [like that's gonna happen...] Lametto said sending Spoink flying into the forest, the opposite side of where Lise went.
    [Hey Lise! Wait up!] Lametto shouted, hurrying to catch up.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
    Lise stalked along, his anger slowly fading. Behind him, he could hear Lametto moving through the brush that separated them.

<Maybe you shouldn't have beat him up so much,> Lise said, concern creeping into his voice-- much to his frustration. <The humans left. He might not be able to make it back to the cave...>

Despite this, he kept walking towards the screams that now arose farther into the forest.

Last edited:

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
    Lametto caught up to Lise

<Maybe you shouldn't have beat him up so much,> Lise said, concern creeping into his voice-- much to his frustration. <The humans left. He might not be able to make it back to the cave...>

[He didn't sound like he wanted to go back. He sounded like he only was with us to accomplish his goals. He was using us.] Lametto said.

A little bit past.
    [I admire your concern for friends, you were quick to forgive, even if only slightly, even after what he said about you.] Lametto said.

A few screams were heard from the city ahead.
    [Maybe we should hurry up?] Lametto said, [That Kabutops can do a lot of damage in a short amount of time.]

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
    <Yes, I suppose we should,> Lise mumbled. <Though I get the feeling that if Kabutops wants to do damage, he'll do it whether we are there or not.>

Still, he picked up the pace, breaking through the trees to find the town down a short incline. Kabutops let out another screaming roar, and Lise tensed for a long moment.

<Lametto,> Lise said, thinking hard, <you were able to keep Spoink still in the clearing right? Maybe if we can keep Kabutops still, or at least slow him down, we can try and work out why he's doing this, and try and get him to stop.>

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
    <Lametto,> Lise said, thinking hard, <you were able to keep Spoink still in the clearing right? Maybe if we can keep Kabutops still, or at least slow him down, we can try and work out why he's doing this, and try and get him to stop.>

[I could, but it could be more difficult since he is stronger.] Lametto said starting to think. Lametto started to calm his mind (Calm mind :D :|) Eventually they reached the city.
    [Lise, don't worry, I've been calming my mind since you last asked me to constrict Kabutops. I feel stronger now, and should be able to easily hold him in place, but I'll have to concentrate, so you will have to ask him any questions.]

Kon~

Years
    Spoink lay in the forest, breaking the otherwise silence with his pained grunts.

[Damned idiots...] he mumbled, easing himself upwards and limping his way towards the opening of the trees, intending to make his way back to the cave, but was puzzled when he could no longer see Lise or Lametto along the way. He frowned and thought hard about it, and concluded that they must have, in some anachronistic way, followed his plan after all, in going after Kabutops. [Lise... so quick to forgive. That will be his downfall, for sure...] The path narrowed, and Spoink dropped onto his stubby arms, clenching his teeth. Lametto was more powerful than he had assumed, and yet he knew that he should not assume the smaller Pokémon were weaker - after all, he himself was small in stature, and he was overly confident with his ability... perhaps to the point of arrogance? He knew that the others hated him for it, but his personality had been shaped by the mission he had been given; he would succeed in bringing down the Arleons, even if he had to manipulate, use and abuse people and Pokémon along the way. Even the human he had become bonded with, to his liability, was nothing but a tool in his game plan. And the fact that they knew... Lise and Lametto... Even if it drained him of his power and left him but a shrivelled shell, he would rather kill them than allow them to live life after the war was over, with the knowledge of what he had done to ensure their victory... But the cave was far away now, and he had to return, and he wondered if he could entrust Lise and Lametto with their goal, for even if they were forever unaware, it was his idea they were following, and it was his plan that would lead to Kabutops' capture.

He cleched his stubby arm with determination, grunted and hopped ahead to return to the cave where he knew Jen was waiting, and Leon was dieing, and Blade and Talulah would glare but he would ignore them, for his help may be required and by Mew, he would give it.

[[OOC: Spoink says "by Mew" because Pokémon don't really follow God, do they? And the choice of 'god', to me, was either Mew or Arceus, and I prefer Mew. :) ]]

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
    Talulah's arms were getting tired. Knocked out, Leon was really much heavier then she'd ever thought him to be. Jen was near her, going through the same physical torment, but it seemed as if her thoughts were being drowned out by something. Her eyes were glazed in thought, and she didn't keep a neutral look-- more scared or unhappy, or even frustrated. Talulah couldn't quite pin it down, and didn't really care enough to put any extreme effort into it.

As it seemed always happened lately, her thoughts swirled around only two things-- the current situation, and Lise. She was worried in particular about having left Lise alone with the other two pokemon to go after that monster of a Kabutops. It seemed to her that Spoink wasn't the best candidate for pokemon squad-leader as far as she was concerned. Lametto was a rather quiet creature-- but nice enough. At least, compared to Spoink. Of course, after what Talulah had seen today, anything compared to Spoink seemed like a cuddly Eevee. Spoink was borderline, no definitely all-the-way insane. Why did Lise feel the need to help him? Talulah snorted-- that creature was a lost cause.

Blade had been rather helpful bringing supplies. He was slow, but he was efficient, and Talulah couldn't complain about his behavior. Jen seemed nowhere near as psychotic as her pokemon, despite the temper-tantrum in the cave, but Talulah still didn't trust her completely-- especially now that she'd bonded to the little bouncing nutcase.

Sticks and rocks littered the ground, tripping them up every few feet. Talulah made her way over a branch, and as Leon's head rolled listlessly to the side, a thought entered her mind quite suddenly-- if Leon were to die, who would take control? Jen was emotionally unstable but an amazing fighter and quick in a situation. Blade was slow, but smart with things like medical supplies, and thinking before things went wrong. Talulah herself could claim to be experienced on the field of battle, and in leading troops, but felt she no longer had any drive in this mission-- whatever it may be.

A stick caught her foot, causing Talulah to lurch. Before she could catch herself, she stumbled and fell comically, dropping Leon hard onto the ground. She gasped in pain, and then in shock as Leon hit the sticks and leaves with a thud.

XXXX

Lise stood for one long moment, listening to the forest behind them, hoping for an instant to hear the bouncing movement of Spoink in the forest leaves. But no such sound came in their direction. Lise sighed-- one at a time. He could make up with Spoink later, but if they were going to help Kabutops, they needed to do it quick. As if to agree with him, Lametto spoke in his mind-- much the same way Spoink had earlier.

[Lise, don't worry, I've been calming my mind since you last asked me to constrict Kabutops. I feel stronger now, and should be able to easily hold him in place, but I'll have to concentrate, so you will have to ask him any questions.]

Lise would've smiled if he could. This was good news. Now all they had to do was go find Kabutops in the town, which wouldn't be too hard with the reeking smell of the creature leaving a trail a mile wide. Lise started down the slope separating them from the town, sprinting for a long moment before hitting the stones marking the town street. Beak high, he kept the speed, rushing towards Kabutops, and hoping Lametto was on his tail.

Kon~

Years
    Jen gasped as Leon hit the floor, her eyes widening and her mind suddenly breaking free of its battle with the swirling chaos that had built up. A sector of it drifted to the surface, and before she could stop herself:

"What d'you think you're doing, you clumsy oaf! You might have hurt him more! You're such an idiot! Watch where you're going, doofus" she screamed at Talulah, and then caught herself, brething heavily. What on earth was that? Without warning, tears built up in her eyes and she struggled to blink them back. Chaos settled and there was suddenly just... blankness. Numbness.

"I... I'm sorry... I'm..." she choked. Her voice seemed different now, too; all the anger was gone from it, all the rage had left her, even if just temporarily. Now there was just remorse.

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    The knight returned to Adric with a towel, but also had a note in his hand. "Sir, the queen summons you. It must be important if she is taking you off this mission. I'll tell your squad, just get to the palace with haste."

The knight watch Adric leave, then he turned and mounted a Rapidash. He didn't know where this squad was, but he knew he would find them where ever trouble was.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
    "What d'you think you're doing, you clumsy oaf! You might have hurt him more! You're such an idiot! Watch where you're going, doofus!"

Talulah gritted her teeth. She was reaching it-- the point where she'd rather snap Jen's neck off then deal with her anymore. She was already testy-- leaving Lise and falling over hadn't helped-- and now this brat was sceaming at her? A growl built up in the back of her throat, but before she could say a thing, Jen practically started crying.

"I... I'm sorry... I'm..." she choked out, and Talulah blinked hard in surprise. What the hell was up with this woman? One minute she was cold and hurtful, and the next she was crying.

But something clicked very quickly in Talulah's mind. Jen was not the bad guy here-- Spoink was. Everything Jen had done that had hindered the team, she'd only done because of Spoink's manipulation of her. Yet again, Talulah felt that same unfamiliar feeling creeping into her head-- empathy. She leaned down to check Leon, and saw he was alright. What she was truly doing was attempting to hide her face, where tears were forming in her own eyes.

Not only was this woman an orphan, not only had she learned that the man she thought of as a father was secretly against her and her entire kingdom, but Spoink-- the one creature who Jen probably felt closest to at the moment-- had used her for his own sick tests and such. The sadness was overwhelming to Talulah. She'd always had a father and aunt, she'd always known her purpose, and her soul bonding partner was now the most important and dependable creature she knew.

Dirt had scattered across Leon's face, and she brushed it away with the gruffness of a soldier, but making sure not to scratch his face. She stood, looking away to the cave, and mumbled.

"It's okay. You're just really upset right now-- I understand."

Kon~

Years

Jen heard Talulah's words of empathy and felt relieved. She didn't - couldn't - understand what was happening to herself right now, but it made her so glad that she hadn't truly offended one of the few people she felt she might actually come to enjoy the company of. By this point, she had realised the source of the chaos - just as some of Spoink's previous cheeriness and playfulness had begun to build inside her, so had his true character, the darkness with which he shielded his true intents. And yet none of her traits had become his - at least, that she was aware of. She was getting the short end of the straw, and this whole business with Edgear had stirred up every event of the day and spewed it all out in the most violent and hideous way possible.

"Thank you," she almost whispered to Talulah, and she knew from the bottom of her heart that those were words that, spoken right now, would come to help her in the future; words that she would speak again; words that she would have spoken to herself. She looked at Talulah, at Blade, at poor Leon in their arms; she thought of Spoink, evil, cunning, spiteful Spoink, Lise, Lametto, whom she barely knew, and Kabutops, who had hurt so many but once saved her life; she remembered the parents she could no longer picture, the teacher who had betrayed her, whom she loved so dearly, and the Scyther who had worked and trained each day with her, challenging her to be the best; and she had never felt so grateful.

"Thank you."

[[OOC: TTATT Can't we just end it here?! It may be my raw emotion from reading the later chapters of Furuba (which have left me weeping) but that post, even as I wrote it, brought tears to my eyes. Sensitive? Me? Nooo! Really?]]

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
    Lametto followed right behind Lise as he sped down the hill to the town to catch Kabutops

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Blade wasn't sure how to react once Talulah tripped and accidentally dropped Leon. He would've said something, but Jen suddenly flipped out.
    "What d'you think you're doing, you clumsy oaf! You might have hurt him more! You're such an idiot! Watch where you're going, doofus"
    "He-"
    Mid sentence, Jen stopped and started to cry.
    "It's no-"
    Blade was going to try to comfort her, but she started to apologize.
    "I... I'm sorry... I'm..."
    Blade just stayed quiet this time.
    Talulah said.
    Jen thanked her, then all was silent.
    "We shouldn't be at each other's throats. It's been a long day, I know, but we need to either get some sleep or talk it out." Blade said.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
    "We shouldn't be at each other's throats. It's been a long day, I know, but we need to either get some sleep or talk it out."

This Blade guy, Talulah decided, definitely had his head on straight. It was time to move-- they couldn't afford to let emotions run rampant in the middle of the forest.

She leaned down, and began the process of hefting Leon back up.

XXX​

Lise dashed down the streets, woven in between houses and shops. They interchanged, with sidewalks twisting down alleyways and popping out of oblivion to line the stones that made up the road. Few lights were on. All the windows had the shades drawn, or furniture hastily put in place to block anything from smashing into them.

Lise kept moving. Kabutops was not a very good smelling thing-- a lot like old dirt and dead bugs. His stench wasn't like much else Lise had ever encountered, and as they neared what seemed like the center of town, it became worse and worse. With all the lights out, it seemed extremely dark. No screams could be heard any longer. Lise turned his head, stopping his movement and glancing around at the deserted town.

If Kabutops were rampaging around, killing people mercilessly, wouldn't there be screams, or the smell of blood? From what Lise could see, no one was daring to leave their houses. Perhaps Kabutops wasn't killing anyone at all?

Well, Lise thought, there doesn't seem to be any signs of destruction. Perhaps simply talking to Kabutops will calm him.

And so, with Kabutops smell burning Lise's nose, he called out to the creature with the knowledge that he was undoubtedly close enough to hear.

"Kabutops? Are you here? Would you be willing to come talk to us?"

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014
    Kabutops heard a pokemon. It was right behind him too. He wondered why it hadn't seen him. He turned around from looking south at the battle in the distance, to east, the cave, and Lise. Kabutops walked into the center of the town square to give Lise a better view, and the Ralts was with him. This should be fun.

< Ah, it's about time you have found me… What? The sniveling pig not coming? Shame. I was looking forward to finally finishing him off. After all, I am rouge right? That's why you've come, is it not? To try and stop me, and my crazy rage? Well I assure you, I am not upset. Quite the opposite really. But, for those in the town who are watching, I think that we might want to hurry up. I haven't spent this time scaring them for noting. >

Kabutops looked them over, ready to strike if needed. He tensed his mussels, and breathed very deeply, and steadily. The people of this town where no doubt scared and he Kabutops had every intention of keeping it that way. He wanted the citizens to fear coming out at night. This was going to end in a fight, one way…. Or another. Kabutops let out another roar.

MasterLink742

Memento Mori
    Years
    < Ah, it's about time you have found me… What? The sniveling pig not coming? Shame. I was looking forward to finally finishing him off. After all, I am rouge right? Thats why you've come, is it not? To try and stop me, and my crazy rage? Well I assure you, I am not upset. Quite the opposite really. But, for those in the town who are watching, I think that we might want to hurry up. I haven't spent this time scaring them for nothing. >

[No actually, Spoink turned out to not need our help, or we didn't want it. Or both.] Lametto said, speaking up from behind Lise.
    [What were you planning to do, if you haven't killed anyone...yet...]

Kabutops tensed his muscles, and Lametto got his psychic powers ready, just in case.
    Kabutops let out a huge roar, frightening Lametto a bit, and then he used Psychic, holding Kabutops in place.
    [Lise... I..I... I can't hold... him for....long... hurry up... and calm him...down...] Lametto managed to say.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blade picked Leon up and, once everyone had calmed down, and had picked up Leon, led the way back to the cave.

RainbowMunchies

♪~PANTALOONS~♪
    Years
    Lise tilted his head to the side following Kabutop's speech. It was true they'd come to stop him from hurting anyone, but Lise truly had no intention of doing anything but insuring Kabutops come back with them. He didn't doubt his own abilities, but Lise got the feeling that Kabutops could easily beat them in a fight-- with or without being restrained.

But Lametto became scared next to him as Kabutops let out a mighty roar, and all at one Lise could tell he had contained Kabutops to the best of his abilities. The creature still squirmed, but was still for the moment.

But Lise did not attack him-- that was not why they were here.

"Kabutops!" he chirped up at the mighty beast, "I know you were angry at Leon, and I know you wish things hadn't gone as badly as they did. Believe me-- for the first time in my life today, I felt the rage that undoubtedly built up inside you when you hurt Leon."

He glanced at Lametto, who was obviously straining. A gulp, and then Lise spoke again.

"But Leon will forgive you if you come back. We don't want to fight you-- I think we all know what would most likely happen in a fight between the three of us-- but we do want you to leave this town and come back with us to the cave. This is not our purpose here; we have other things we could be doing right now!"

X75flames

Free starters, PM me
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2014

Kabutops looked down now. < Your wrong. Leon was and is mad at me. I was never mad at him though. He threw the first blow, I retaliated. I tried to go easy. Tried to keep him from getting hurt. I tried to calm him. But all of it was no use. He won't want me back. > Kabutops looked up again. < This is not the first time this has happened you know? >

Kabutops felt a field hold him in place. Funny, the poor Ralts was afraid. Lise seemed just able to keep his composer. He would make a fair negotiator. < It's a shame really. I don't want to go back. But I am looking forward to a fight between us. You have about, > Kabutops thought for about how long they had been talking, < 3 minuets. >

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Marc turned away from the young soldier he'd just killed. He began wandering aimlessly, not quite knowing where he was knowing. Somehow he ended up back at his old house. He looked at the house and decided to think about who he was. He decided it was time to forget about the past, it had happened, he'd made a mistake. Now it was time to look ahead and to fight for personal retribution. The question was whether to go back to his old morals or whether to become a new man. Marc turned away from the house, it was time to forget about what had happened and begin to think ahead to the future. Marc looked around and decided he wasn't needed here anymore. This place is his past, not his future. Marc and Houndoom walk to the square and continue walking, leaving the battle far behind.

Last edited:
    Back