• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen the DS cartridge could make this game 4 times longer!

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2013
    The DS cartridge has a potential of 1 GB if I'm not mistaken, and I believe the GBA goes up to 256mb.

So if you do the math, this game could be huge. I think it would awesome if they has 4 total places.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2013
    Does anyone know how much space the largest game took up to date? I'm sure they didn't fill it all up. I know the rom was only like 16 mb, or is a rom smaller than whats in the cartridge?

burnthechavs

The best at being the worst...
    Years
    i think a rom is more smaller than the cartridge, because the rom is sort of decompressed by the emulator, just an idea, but im guessing they wouldnt make a game so hugely popular only 16mb on a 256mb cartridge and leave so much space left

enyce

banned
    Years
    burnthechavs said:
    i think a rom is more smaller than the cartridge, because the rom is sort of decompressed by the emulator, just an idea, but im guessing they wouldnt make a game so hugely popular only 16mb on a 256mb cartridge and leave so much space left

My fire red was only 5.2 MB but I also couldnt play the game after I sent the elite four to the sea...

:(

Demonta

Jem Juggler
    Years
    Emerald is only 17 megabites in total, that is about 1/17 of the cartrige. This would be 68*. meaning the game pokemon Emerald could be 68 times in lengths!

This is not mentioning the fact that most of the coding is already in Emerald so it should be less space taking...

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Demonta said:
    Emerald is only 17 megabites in total, that is about 1/17 of the cartrige. This would be 68*. meaning the game pokemon Emerald could be 68 times in lengths!

This is not mentioning the fact that most of the coding is already in Emerald so it should be less space taking...

Okay thank you for explaining it for me.

:t092:~*!*~Queen Boo~*!*~

Barboach

As we know it.
    Years
    Yes the game having more mb you would obviously need a DS for it. If it were in a GBA it would more or less, explode.

Katakoe

Blah!
    Years
    Dude, if it where longer. that wold be awesome, I mean, if I do a really half-worked job, I can get through the GBA games in about week. [Keep in mind, this is not including training my pokemon to there best, or collecting extra's.]

Years
    Hopefully a properly working DS emulator will come out by the time it hits Canada (I have a DS but I like it better on the computer).

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
    Arcdemon said:
    Hopefully a properly working DS emulator will come out by the time it hits Canada (I have a DS but I like it better on the computer).

I'd Have To Disagree Because You Cant Trade Or Battle Pokemon With Wi-fi On An Emulator, Emulator Takes Most Of The Fun Out Of Games Like Pokemon.

Dr_random

I am... All of Me
    Years
    Maybe the game is longer, maybe you can store more pokemon, maybe you can use the mic to talk to your pokemon, maybe you can have 3 save files.
    who cares??? I just wanna get the g** d*** game

Tbone2356

Time keeps on tickin' by
    Years
    Long, But You Have To Read!

SETH_xd001 said:
    Maybe the game is longer, maybe you can store more pokemon, maybe you can use the mic to talk to your pokemon, maybe you can have 3 save files.
    who cares??? I just wanna get the g** d*** game

Ughm Dude......Whats With The Attitude?

If You Dont Care For Discussion On The Game Then Dont Post Here.....

Everyone Wants It But The Way You Put It You Wouldnt Care If D/P Was A 1 Minute Animation On The DS.....

So If You Have Nothing Really Worth Discussin Here Besides Cursing Comments Then Dont Post.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyway Thatd Be Cool To Have All 4 Regions But They May Just Sum It Down To Like Maybe One Region Or A Battle Frointier Or Islands Or Battle Tower.....

If All Four Regions Would Be Implemented Then It Would Proabably Be In The 2nd Version Of D/P (Ex. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald)

If Any Region Im Going To Guess Johto Seeing As They Havent Released A Remake And Will Try To Make Up For It By Introducing It Into 3d.

If Their Is Other Regions I Dont Want It To Be Like It Was In The G/S/C Games Like You Could Get The Badges In Any Order And Then What....Nothing...They Should Have An elite four for each and if this was the last pokemon gen they release i would like to see An Ultimate Championship

Ex- Their Will Be An Elite Four In Each Of The Regions All Needing 8 Badges From That Region. When You Beat Say The Shinou Elite Four You Get A Badge/Ribbion/Cup. And A Pass To To The Next Region And Do It Over Agian And Then Once You Get All 4 Badges/Ribbions/Cups Of Each Elite 4 You Are Accepted Into The Ultimate Championship, A Sort Of Battle Frointeir Or Very Hard Version Of Elite 4....Each Region Should Have Their Own Story Lines Too....

But Keep In mind That Even With All Of The Storadge Space It Would Be Pretty Strange To Play pokemon being really long.

ex- after one elite 4 in a regular pkmn game your lvl is usally 50-65 right? well in the next region is the 1st gym going to be lvl 50-65 too? that would be wierd because the lvls would get too high for the game....the only real options they might have are these:

1. make it harder to lvl up ex-1st gym would be lvl 7-9 lol and rare candys would be called ULTRA RARE CANDYS (I Dont Like This One)
    2. Raise The Maximum Lvl To 200 or 300 Which WOuld help but still be wierd at another regions frist gym and doesnt explain why all other regions cant excede past the lvl 100. (I Dont Like This One)
    3.Each Region Will Have All Of "Its" Pokemon And About 50-60 In Total From Each Other Region. After The Elite Four Of One Region You Will Enter The New Region At Its Starting Town For Some Reason (Ex- Proffesor Of Shinou Wants You To Go See This New Proffesor) And your All Pokemon From The Other Region will Stay At That Regions Pc System And Not The Other And Upon Arriving Some Cut Scenes Happen And You Get The Starter Pokemon For That And Well Start Over And At The End Of The Game You Will Be Allowed To Visit Each Region Any Time And The Pc Storadge Systems Will All be Connected So You Can Acsess Each Pokemon From Any Regions And You Gather Your Toughest Pkmn To Battle The Ultimate Championship Thing I Talked About Above (Im Ok With This One, Sounds kind Of Cool And Reasonable).

Well Thats All I Need To Say....For A While At Least....

Years
    ^^ I love your idea of the own story line and the "Ultimate Challenge"!

I think that Johto should have a story like this: All the Pokemon communications are down, and YOU have to fix it.

Zone

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2006
    Tbone2356 said:
    Ughm Dude......Whats With The Attitude?

If You Dont Care For Discussion On The Game Then Dont Post Here.....

Everyone Wants It But The Way You Put It You Wouldnt Care If D/P Was A 1 Minute Animation On The DS.....

So If You Have Nothing Really Worth Discussin Here Besides Cursing Comments Then Dont Post.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyway Thatd Be Cool To Have All 4 Regions But They May Just Sum It Down To Like Maybe One Region Or A Battle Frointier Or Islands Or Battle Tower.....

If All Four Regions Would Be Implemented Then It Would Proabably Be In The 2nd Version Of D/P (Ex. Yellow, Crystal, Emerald)

If Any Region Im Going To Guess Johto Seeing As They Havent Released A Remake And Will Try To Make Up For It By Introducing It Into 3d.

If Their Is Other Regions I Dont Want It To Be Like It Was In The G/S/C Games Like You Could Get The Badges In Any Order And Then What....Nothing...They Should Have An elite four for each and if this was the last pokemon gen they release i would like to see An Ultimate Championship

Ex- Their Will Be An Elite Four In Each Of The Regions All Needing 8 Badges From That Region. When You Beat Say The Shinou Elite Four You Get A Badge/Ribbion/Cup. And A Pass To To The Next Region And Do It Over Agian And Then Once You Get All 4 Badges/Ribbions/Cups Of Each Elite 4 You Are Accepted Into The Ultimate Championship, A Sort Of Battle Frointeir Or Very Hard Version Of Elite 4....Each Region Should Have Their Own Story Lines Too....

But Keep In mind That Even With All Of The Storadge Space It Would Be Pretty Strange To Play pokemon being really long.

ex- after one elite 4 in a regular pkmn game your lvl is usally 50-65 right? well in the next region is the 1st gym going to be lvl 50-65 too? that would be wierd because the lvls would get too high for the game....the only real options they might have are these:

1. make it harder to lvl up ex-1st gym would be lvl 7-9 lol and rare candys would be called ULTRA RARE CANDYS (I Dont Like This One)
    2. Raise The Maximum Lvl To 200 or 300 Which WOuld help but still be wierd at another regions frist gym and doesnt explain why all other regions cant excede past the lvl 100. (I Dont Like This One)
    3.Each Region Will Have All Of "Its" Pokemon And About 50-60 In Total From Each Other Region. After The Elite Four Of One Region You Will Enter The New Region At Its Starting Town For Some Reason (Ex- Proffesor Of Shinou Wants You To Go See This New Proffesor) And your All Pokemon From The Other Region will Stay At That Regions Pc System And Not The Other And Upon Arriving Some Cut Scenes Happen And You Get The Starter Pokemon For That And Well Start Over And At The End Of The Game You Will Be Allowed To Visit Each Region Any Time And The Pc Storadge Systems Will All be Connected So You Can Acsess Each Pokemon From Any Regions And You Gather Your Toughest Pkmn To Battle The Ultimate Championship Thing I Talked About Above (Im Ok With This One, Sounds kind Of Cool And Reasonable).

Well Thats All I Need To Say....For A While At Least....

They wouldn't add new regions for the third game in a generation, so your comment on how if all four regions were in the game it would be in the third is messed up.

Back