• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Elite Four

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    Have you beaten the Elite Four yet?
    After Jhoto and Red?
    How many times?

...Aaaand.. which Pokemon gives you the most trouble?
    For me, that Houndoom is pretty brutal unless I beat it immediately. I also don't like Lance's Aerodactyl. I'm on my 10th time beating the elite four right now, pre-Red :) It feels like the best way to train. You?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I beat the Elite Four just the other day. And I beat Red last night. And both only a few times, like about four against the Elite Four, and twice against Red. I agree with the Houndoom, because it was using Amnesia, and using Dark Pusle afterwards took out my each of my Pokemon in one hit. And that Aerodactyl was terrible. It had a way to counter almost every single one of my Pokemon. I had so much trouble I just gave up, and trained more. Tried again, and I still had a little trouble, but I did it.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
    Years
  • I finally beat the E4 the night before last. I wasn't even expecting to win. I was just training a Piloswine so that it could go up against Lance's Dragonite trio and it actually won! At level 35!

The Pokemon that gives me the most trouble are Umbreon, because I have no fighting type Pokemon. Also, the three Dragonites because they love to use Outrage and they never seem to hurt themselves after confused, and if they are frozen, they thaw out on the next turn! Also, Aerodactyl is a bit of a problem because I use Gyrados as my water type and it is weak against Aerodactyl's Rock Slide.

But, I did it. Yeah!

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years
  • I beat them ten times. Really. After the third time it started to make me feel terrible beating then up but after the eighth time or so, I was randomly pressing buttons while doing something else.
    Garchomp gave me the most trouble.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I just beat the Red for the first time this morning, and then the new Elite Four.. I think the most annoying Pokemon was Lance's Garchomp x_x And Lance in general. The only ice attack on my whole team is Ice Fang :P

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • Just beat the E4 two nights ago now I'm in Kanto exploring the wonderful Kantoness. That Dragonite trio is the only thing that gave me trouble, and his Charizard, that thing would not die...

Years
  • I'm training right now for the Elite Four's first round. The highest level pokemon is Lance's Dragonite at level 50. Is it a good strategy to have all of my pokemon be at level 50 before I go in? I don't want to struggle, so I like to make sure I'm over-prepared.

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2011
    I'm training right now for the Elite Four's first round. The highest level pokemon is Lance's Dragonite at level 50. Is it a good strategy to have all of my pokemon be at level 50 before I go in? I don't want to struggle, so I like to make sure I'm over-prepared.

lv. 50 should be okay, it's not over-prepared at all.. it'll still be a challenge :) Make sure you have at least one ice-type attack for Lance's dragon Pokemon.

~Sage_Trainer~

Sage Trainer
    Years
  • I have yet to beata them Post-Red, and I'm just about to. I need to test out my new team line-ups. The teams are finally ready today, and I'm about to give them a test run at the elite four.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Have you beaten the Elite Four yet?
    After Jhoto and Red?
    How many times?

...Aaaand.. which Pokemon gives you the most trouble?
    For me, that Houndoom is pretty brutal unless I beat it immediately. I also don't like Lance's Aerodactyl. I'm on my 10th time beating the elite four right now, pre-Red :) It feels like the best way to train. You?

Are their levels up and do they have new Pokemon? (the E4)

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • My feraligatr took out the E4 by himself using Ice Fang, Crunch, and Surf.
    The poison guy gave me the most trouble.

Haven't gone to fight Red yet, just finished getting all the badges yesterday and started legendary collecting.

Years
  • i beat the elite four yesterday morning, but karen's houndoom gave me more trouble than the rest of them combined, including lance. my typhlosion's focus blast missed all 5 times, then it set up 3 nasty plots and murdered my team, my until my seadra KO'd it with a surf

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • My feraligatr took out the E4 by himself using Ice Fang, Crunch, and Surf.

Good E-4 coverage:P Sadly I haven't even played that far yet:C I think I will get back to HG tonight; I really want to battle Lance. I beat Red with a team averaging around level 55 on Crystal... He better have improved this go around!

Years
  • lv. 50 should be okay, it's not over-prepared at all.. it'll still be a challenge :) Make sure you have at least one ice-type attack for Lance's dragon Pokemon.

Yeah I guess I didn't mean "over-prepared" lol. I just anticipate difficulty so I thought making them all be at least level 50 going in would be a good idea. When I was a wee young noob, I didn't really know what I was doing and would barely beat the Elite Four by a hair. I basically hate when that happens.

The only ice move I have is Ice Fang with shiny Gyarados...but she's proved to be one of the best on my team :p

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • No, I'm no where near the Indigo Plateau. XD However, I'm really excited to face them someday. :] I hoped that they improved from their Gen. II version.

Years
  • all my pokemon were levels 44-45 and i got thru the elite 4 easy when they were 38-42 but lance was impossible so once i got them to 44-45 i pretty much pwnd lance

Years
  • the elite four the first time is a piece pf cake
    my team was feraligatr level 52
    ho-oh lvl 47
    ampharos and kadabra at 45

the first round i just rolled all over them easily but the toughest one is the dark to me becasue i dont have ground or fighting so.... ya

but the second round is pretty tough. there really easy until lance his team is all like lvl 72 so watch out!

Back