• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The end of Pokemon?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2008
    Actually, I think music takes up exponentially more space than anything else on a game cart. Pokemon are stored as a few pictures and a couple of variables and don't take up all that much space, so they could conceivably add more without much trouble. Those DS carts can fit TONS of data; developers haven't had to worry about running out of space on their media for years now.

As for the theory that Nintendo does everything in threes... well, this is the fourth generation.

I personally don't think Nintendo has a grand master plan for the series, much less a conclusion to the series. They'll stop putting out the games when they stop being profitable.
    your right to some extent, as pokemon have gotten more complex, nintendo needed to switch to a new way of saving the pokemon themselves. They developed a way of not only saving varbels to the indivdual pokemon, but (this is speculation based off what I know from rom hacking and my expiernce as c++)varibels for the capture of the pokemon, the things you have dont like battles, Then there is some way seeing if the pokemon is not hacked(that has to be some complicated code as far as I can figure) Thats a lot of data, trust me. The music may not be saved as music file but the old way of doing it?( command prompts for the nosies them selves, I mean realy realy old here) Because its so simple?

Revendusman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2008
    They will create a new series, and that will be it.... this link here says it all:

To be honest, I'm surprised none of you know of this....it is over a month old

Oh, dammit, cant post links yet, just fill in the stuff on either side of this "lastpokemongeneration"

Revendusman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2008
    Roserade, what do you mean you didn't get anything? Did you type in the filling on either side?

Conditioning, the next generation is the last. Surprising, I know....

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • They will create a new series, and that will be it.... this link here says it all:

To be honest, I'm surprised none of you know of this....it is over a month old

Oh, dammit, cant post links yet, just fill in the stuff on either side of this "lastpokemongeneration"

Neither did I. Did Nintendo confirm this? Did the president of Nintendo say to the media.

"Oh and by the way we are making one more generation of pokemon games and thats it."

If they did they are going to get so many sales on the last generation they will all be set for life.

I typed in www.lastpokemongeneration.com and it didn't get me anywhere. Is it a .com or what?

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Nope, they'll never end it(Or I say it was.) People might be devasted by the loss of their favorite game or whatsis. Unless they've announced it this very moment, me is gonna cry. Still I'm skeptical.

Revendusman

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2008
    Neither did I. Did Nintendo confirm this? Did the president of Nintendo say to the media.

"Oh and by the way we are making one more generation of pokemon games and thats it."

If they did they are going to get so many sales on the last generation they will all be set for life.

I typed in www.lastpokemongeneration.com and it didn't get me anywhere. Is it a .com or what?
    God, you idiot, type the WHOLE thing in! I

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I don't think that nintendo will end pokemon.
    They'll think of other generations and compile them up and up. If they ended it, that'll be the worst thing to happen \o/. But I admit, that one day it'll stop, since the newer generations will lack quality and be stupid games with no quality. Well thats my answer.......

PokeGod

Pokemon Trader
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    I think it will last till Generation 100, because the USA network law states that a tv-show/Movie can only have 100 episodes, the pokemon will be stopped broadcasting on American Networks and British Networks, so they might stop translating frop Japanesse to English.

This is my self opinion, it is not a fact that will happen!

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
  • God, you idiot, type the WHOLE thing in! I

No, you're the idiot. Stop being so cryptic and just tell us. Turn off "Automatically parse links in text" if you have to.

Also, I'd like some freakin' proof that this is the last generation, because all plausible evidence leads to Nintendo milking this cow for all it's worth.

I think it will last till Generation 100, because the USA network law states that a tv-show/Movie can only have 100 episodes,

I'd like to see this law, and why it doesn't seem to apply to Pokemon, which has been around for well over 500 episodes.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • I think it will last till Generation 100, because the USA network law states that a tv-show/Movie can only have 100 episodes,

I would also like to see this. If it is true then the USA network are a bunch of Hypocrates. Simpsons probably has 1000 episodes already and has no hint of stopping. On the contrary its probably bigger then ever

Back