• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] The everyday Life of a plasma grunt

DakotaCurry

Bug Type Master
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2018
    sAloaSH.jpg

This thread is about a small comic project i want to make. It's called "The everyday life of a plasma grunt"
    and takes place in BW. Like the title says, it's all about the life of a normal member of team plasma.

The main character is Ella, a lighthearted young woman with a naive mind. She joined team Plasma to create a peacful life for Pokemon. She rarely battles and mostly takes care of hurt Pokemon and helps at Plasmas hideout (i'll just assume here that the underground castle is big enough for grunts to live in.)

While she doesn't have any relation to N or other higher ranked members she hopes to one day be recognized as an extraordinary grunt.

First part: Welcome to my life!

HeI4BBU.jpg

DakotaCurry

Bug Type Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2018
    ella looks so ready to work omg THE SPARKLES IN HER EYES are just aaaaaa i hope she gets recognized one day as an extraordinary grunt and king n notices her enough to appoint her with castle duties :D

the art itself is really cute! it's simple and the details attract enough attention and i just really love your style. the colored lines are a nice touch too. <3 one thing i do notice is that some lines are rough but practice makes perfect. c:

//time to subscribe to this thread

Oh i am so glad you like it!

It's actually the first time i try out this style but i am working on some references and sketches to get better at it^^

DakotaCurry

Bug Type Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2018
    QUICK UPDATE/BAD NEWS

My Wacom tablet is playing mad and i need to get a new cable since the ones i have at home don'tfit...Maybe i'm even getting myself a new one since the one i have is pretty much the cheapest one they have, and i am surprised the cable survived two years lmao. (I actually planned on buying a new one once i get used to digital art and once i really knew i liked doing it)

The thing is that the pen pressure is completely gone and i can't fix it. I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, restarted my Laptop etc. Maybe i just need to wait a bit and try again (It tends to work with my other electronic stuff)

So for now, i won't be able to continue my Comic parts that are in progress.

I will probably post some Traditional sketches and illustrations so that there's at least something to see!

Also, feel free to request things! I'll take any good idea and make it into a small comic, with credit of course! And as long as i'm not able to draw digitally i'll take requests^^

DakotaCurry

Bug Type Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2018
    oh no! well, i'm not sure if this works for everyone, but i've seen two people with the same problem on their wacom devices and the source of the problem was the driver update. maybe try using an older driver and see if that works?

i'm still hyped for traditional sketches though <3

Ah I'll try it, thank ya! <3

Back