• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen The Face of D/P?

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
  • Who do you consider to be the face of D/P?
    Is it Dialga, Palkia, Infernape, Empoleon or any other pokemon?

I'm gonna say Lucario as it was brought out in alot of the merchandising when it was first released.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    I'm thinking Diagla for Diamond and Palkia for Pearl, since they are on the cover and those are the specific legendaries you can catch?
    I'm not completely sure of what you mean...

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Um...Diagla and Palkia are each represented in their own games. The most important overall is clearly Arceus.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • WHat I'm saying is, who do you think represents D/P, in other words when you think of D/P who do you think of?

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • I would have to agree with you, McDukey.
    It seems that Nintendo and Gamefeak have gone to great lengths to put Lucario anywhere it can. Lucario seems to represent the fourth generation as a whole.
    (It was the first fourth generation Pokémon we knew about.)

Then again, the first third generation Pokémon we knew about were like Azurill, Wailmer, and Kecleon, however; they don't represent Ruby and Sapphire at all!

I suppose it's really a "in the eye of the beholder" type of thing.

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
  • I would have to say Dialga because i think diamond sold more than pearl. People probably just looked at the covers and saw Dialga looked cooler or something. meh something like that

Years
  • I would have to agree with you, McDukey.
    It seems that Nintendo and Gamefeak have gone to great lengths to put Lucario anywhere it can. Lucario seems to represent the fourth generation as a whole.
    (It was the first fourth generation Pokémon we knew about.)

Then again, the first third generation Pokémon we knew about were like Azurill, Wailmer, and Kecleon, however; they don't represent Ruby and Sapphire at all!

I suppose it's really a "in the eye of the beholder" type of thing.

I thought Munchlax and Bonsly were the first 4th gen pokes to be seen...

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    It definitely cant be Arceus or Shaymin, because people who dont go on pokemon forums will never know who Arceus and Shaymin are.
    So its just not smart to think of Arceus and Shaymin as the face of D/P.

Id think Lucario as well.

Z o M B ii 3

Upgrade your Grey Matter.
    Years
  • Arceus is a joke.
    "A goat god sounds nice, haha"
    NO, Arceus should never be the face of D/P/P.

Lucario is garbage as a face.
    The only reason why its suggested
    is because he is in a movie
    and because it was the 4st fourth gen
    we learned about.

Dialga for Diamond.
    Palkia for Pearl.
    Giratina for Platinum.
    Simple, hmm?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Im really going to have to say Lucario even though I dont like it. Another posssibility can be Magmortar and Elelectivire, or Weavile.

40%

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2008
    Dialga for Diamond, Palkia for Pearl. Giratina for Platinum.

Lucario for the whole 4th gen, considering it's in Brawl and had it's own movie.

Back