• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Final Stretch!

Nineray

Green Okido
Years
  • The Final Stretch! This is where we finally get close enough to our dream to taste it. At the moment I'm flying around Hoenn on Latios doing all the side quest, trying to figure out whether I'm satisfied with my team or not and how balanced it is since I use some a lot more than others. So far my team is

The Final Stretch!

Eos the Latios
    Dragon Breath
    Shadow Ball
    Psyshock
    Luster Purge

The Final Stretch!

Kit the Swampert
    Rock Slide
    Surf
    Muddy Water
    Hammer Arm

The Final Stretch!

Blossom the Bellossom
    Sludge Bomb
    Moon Light
    Leaf Storm
    Leaf Blade

The Final Stretch!

Mitsuki the Altaria
    Dragon Pulse
    Dazzling Gleam
    Ice Beam
    Fly

The Final Stretch!

Flare the Camerupt
    Rock Slide
    Lava Plume
    EQ
    Earth Power

The Final Stretch!

Aggron the Aggron
    Head Smash
    Super Power
    Iron Head
    Iron Tail​

• As of now, the only pokemon that are a lock for my team and I'm most unwilling to remove are Latios and Altaria.
    • Swampert's movepool and his base stats at this point in the game are making me more unwillling to use him.
    • Aggron and Camerupt are doing fine, but I want more flexibility while switching pokemon in and out of my team.
    • Bellossom hasn't preformed as well as I've expected either.
    • I kind of want to add Gallade to my team like I had earlier in the game
    • Roserade is a Grass Type I'm looking at
    • Kingdra seems like a good water type, but my team already has two Dragons
    • Sharpedo is the water type I'm looking at

Any suggestions on who I should add or remove? Who'd you guys use for your run through?

Last edited:

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
    Years
  • I see that Roserade would do you much better than your Bellossom. Roserade, being Poison also, adds Sludge Bomb as a STAB attack, and generally, Roserade is a much more versatile pokemon in-game, imho.

Your move pool would obviously need to include Sludge Bomb, and a powerful grass attack, and maybe a status inflicting move, and then a free slot for coverage.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you're looking to replacing Bellossom with another grass-type, my suggestion would likely have to be Breloom.

Shroomish could be found easily in Petalburg Woods, if I'm not mistaken, and would evolve immediately after a bit of training. Breloom's quite fast, and is able to learn decent attacks; you might find them to be quite helpful. For move-set, I would recommend going with Spore, Seed Bomb, Mach Punch, and perhaps Leech Seed. We'll be able to make opponent fall asleep with Spore, and cause some major destruction with rest of attacks. If we like, we could replaces Mach Punch with Focus Punch; it'd be able to deal a much larger portion of damage.

When it comes to items and whatnot, I believe it would depend on its ability. If it's got Poison Heal (or something along the lines, which I believe is suitable for a Pokémon like this), it'd likely be better to have it hold a set of Toxic Orb. If it's got something else, then Leftovers would do the trick for us. This strategy is more or less for competitive side of things, but in-game, it could make things quite easy.

I hope this helps, friend; good luck!

Nineray

Green Okido
    Years
  • I think for my grass type I'll go with roserade since i already have a roselia

Back