• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long

Years
    Of course this would be the day my torrent software starts playing up. Apparently the 'stalling' issue has been a known problem with qbittorrent for years. Fixed by installing an older version.

Kyousougiga was neat. Certainly don't mind rewatching this, a good one to rewatch with the bluray release you would assume.

Years
    So Brigadoon was an excellent choice then, anybody who championed this knows their stuff.

Old school comedy with some great timing, good design all around (Backdrops look like FLCL and the ''mechs'' are unique). Moe is the cutest girl in the world. Enough intrigue and non plot central stuff to make the monster of the week format work, I say monster of the week there was only setup for one in episode 3. The fights are pretty cool and thankfully
    Spoiler:

Found the cheerful character introductions amusing
    Spoiler:

Episode 3
    Spoiler:

Lots of potential. Please watch it.

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
    Years
    Watched episode one of brigadoon and honestly had trouble just completing the episode. Character art for the MC looks weird and the comedy kills any seriousness the show could have.. I'll try and push through and atleast watch the first 3 eps.

However Honneamise looks promising so will try and watch that sometime this week.

Years
    Visual style is quite exaggerated but I wouldn't say it's ''weird'', certainly of it's time in that regard.

Really not sure why you'd want it to be deadly serious right from the off, although I appreciate that it's comedy style isn't for anyone. Going by the recommendations on MAL it's safe to say that episode 1 isn't what this show is.

The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
    Brigadoon has got a great deal of charm to it, from the side characters to the absolutely precious soundtrack.

The unhealthy obsession over Marin's butt and underwear throughout at least the first episode (writing this just after I finished it) I could do without, but it's anime. Definitely a par the course situation, if underaged pantsu triggered me I would be into the wrong medium.

Spoiler:

Heading straight into episode 2, in which
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
    Years
    Sorry I'm a little slow everyone, just started Brigadoon.

Ep. 1:

Spoiler:

Ep. 2:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Lol, just noticed that

Back