• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The future of Pokemon - More generations?

Drifblim

Banned
Years
  • The only way they'll stop is when they stop making Pokémon like Spiritomb and Pachirisu that seem to need evolved forms and make forms for the ones remaining.

Until then, the legendary line of command is just going to get more and more complex.

hierarchy.gif

Last edited:

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Rather than making legendaries for everything (what they did in D/P) they should stick to three things (birds, beasts, regis, uxies) and one or two "bosses" (Mewtwo/Lugia) plus the little one (Mew/Celebi).

Now each legendary's story contradicts the other. Kanto had three birds, one Mew and supposedly the most powerful Pokémon, Sinnoh has a God, the creator of Space, of Time, Giratina, then the less powerful creator of lava, grass, dreams, nightmares, even Regis! plus the king of the sea or something like that. It's too much, really!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Unfortunately, seen as the "god" Pokemon has been created, I think the generation games are now finalized and finished :'(
    Not neccisarily. The Shinnoh theory contradicts the Kanto theory (how can Arceus have created all Pokemon when they all (presumably including Arceus) originated from Mew?), which means that only one can be true, or neither can be true. There will always be a way to continue Pokemon if this is the case. Besides, Lugia and Ho-Oh weren't the creator of everything, but Metal Gen. was still great! And Color Gen. didn't even have emphasis Pokemon. Legendary Stories don't decide if it's a generation game, IMO. The way the game is played and concepts and etc. do.

41victory

>.> Nobody saw anything <.<
    Years
  • O... this is deep i need time to think.....
    Mew is the ancestor of all pokemon dosent mean hes the god of them.
    Arceus created mew which bred then bred ect to make all of them. right? then mews got extinct for some reason. lol im guessing my head off.
    correct me if u think im wrong ill read later

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    For general purposes, they've created a God as a Pokemon.

Most of the Legendary Pokemon are similar to mythological Gods though. I'm sure they'll think of something. Plus, if they're gonna make a Religion out of it (in the story of the Anime, or whatever), it'll turn out to be a false God that has to either be beaten or subdued in the show.

RangerLunick

Rookie Ranger
    Years
  • Im hoping they'll consolidate all the regions into one common universe with the next games (i mean kanto was right next to johto, and Oak was shocked when he found their 'knew' pokemon) making it clear where all the regions are in relation to each other. More realistic cities and ability to interact and feed yourself and your pokemon, and character customization and type selection would be good (Trainer, Breeder, Ranger etc.)
    Plus you should be able to swim in certain areas like everyone else

Shiny Umbreon

光るブラッキー
    Years
  • Im hoping they'll consolidate all the regions into one common universe with the next games (i mean kanto was right next to johto, and Oak was shocked when he found their 'knew' pokemon) making it clear where all the regions are in relation to each other. More realistic cities and ability to interact and feed yourself and your pokemon, and character customization and type selection would be good (Trainer, Breeder, Ranger etc.)
    Plus you should be able to swim in certain areas like everyone else

More realistic cities - Well, D/P is getting better about that.
    Feed yourself and your Pokémon - Apart from Pokéblocks (now Poffins), Rare Candies and Berries, why would I want to feed my Pokémon?
    Character customization - Totally agreed. At least clothes would make a good improvement. Battling over Wi-Fi would be much better.
    Swim in certain areas - You'd have to have the "Bathing Suit" key item or something like that and I'd be as annoying as now. The only thing is that very small ponds should be passable (like the one in Celadon). Other than that, surfing is okay.

RangerLunick

Rookie Ranger
    Years
  • Your right their but i reckon you should have to feed your pokemon and they should be able to heal over time (slowly) i dont think a tackle attack should leave your pokemon semi-permanently weaker until you heal it (how do wild pokemon heal, if their ko'd they cant eat berries etc.)

Back