• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gallery.

~Ryukaa

total nerd
Years
  • The Gallery.

Yeah, Today I took a bunch of Photos. I was pretty pleased with them, so I decided to make a gallery. Of course, I plan on updating. So yeah, you'll see some new stuff sooner or later. xDD;;
    Note that these Photos are all natural, not edited in any way. But yeah, if anybody could critique, that'd be nice. Well, I hope you enjoy looking through my gallery, and if you have any suggestions on what I could take Photos on, please, go ahead. xDD;;

~In the Greens~
    Click the thumbnails to view the full image.

The Gallery. The Gallery. The Gallery. The Gallery.

-full collection of photos here-

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    :DDD Yay a photography thread!!!!

Okay, so first one. It's okay, but the blur from depth of field on the left kinda throws me off (probably because there isn't much lighting). If there was more lighting on it, that'd be better!

Second, it's okay but I think would be better if the background was blurred rather than the foreground, since that's where your eye is initially drawn to (because of the white waterdrops). So having that blurry kinda defeats the purpose of the shot.

Third no real thoughts on it, good angle.

Fourth, if you moved to the left a little, the blur from the side of the depth of field would stand out less (because again, it's greener on a darker colour and stands out - thus would be better if it wasn't blurry). Maybe stand directly next to the middle one, making the side one out of the camera's view?

I think you need to work on depth of field positioning imo, since personally, something that looks blurry in the foreground doesn't really stand out to me.

As for some of your other shots, Seems waaay too bright - and if there was sunshine, would seem well, on a normal level of brightness, which is hard to explain.

Really blurry - you should be careful not to move on shots like this because it can ruin really good shots.

I really like this, you should've included this in the thread itself.

Nothing really stands out here, because the majority of the shot is taken up by this somewhat blurry foreground image, and well... there's not much to say about it. If you're going to take a shot like that, know what you're trying to do, instead of randomly just taking a photo - I'll leave it up to Fabio to comment more on this though.

But yeah watch for blurring in the wrong places and work out what your aim is, otherwise you're going to have shots that have nothing that draws the eye in, which is what you should be aiming for. Also, sunshine is nice for photos. Though it is good that you've got depth of field worked out, just work a bit more on it. What camera are you using btw?

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Wow, thanks. xDD;;
    Well, yeah. I only just gave Photography a try today for the first time. So yeah, alot aren't so good. xDD;;
    Anyway, thanks for the crit, Nica. :3
    It's really helpful.

The camera I'm using is: Sony Cyber-shot. 10.1mp.

Simbelmyne

What should I write here?
    Years
  • Even though I'm no photographer myself, I'd advise you to be careful of the fact that your pictures don't turn out 'out of focus'. Pictures usually turn out like that when you don't hold the camera still while taking photos. Another piece of advise would be trying out and messing with the ISO. Some pics turn out better if you mess with those settings.

You've got some good pictures there. I'd love to see more from you.

Years
  • Welcome to the few people who like photography. But we are trying to sort that! XD

OK! I am going to review your pictures, only really pointing out the things that you can improve on, because there is no point me going. "OMG AWESOME PICTURE" And that is it, because it isn't constructive and won't really help you except give you an ego boost for a bit! :P

Picture One
    It is a nice idea, but execution is a little poor. You would have needed to focus a little more on the whole thing. A depth of field wouldn't be needed in this picture, as you are more concentrating on the thing in the picture, instead of trying to make it stand out.

Picture Two
    Focusing is the thing that lets you down here. If you were to zoom into one of the leafs with water on, then you could make everything blurry and it would look nice, it just looks a little sloppy here! =[

Picture Three
    Increasing your ISO, or adding a flash would brighten up your picture and make it look better, here you could have added a depth of field, depending on what you were going to focus on.

Picture Four
    You focusing is out! =[
    You have the right hand side of the cactus in focus, the right hand side of the leaf out of focus, then the opposite on the left hand side! XD
    Just keep an eye out for things like this when you take your pictures.

Sorry to seem so down in them! They are good pictures. You just need to start cleaning up the loose ends and then you will be fine. If you need any tips, go to my photography thread that is stickied at the top of this board.
    Or just ask me.​

~Ryukaa

total nerd
    Years
  • Wow, that's alot of crit. Thanks alot, Fabio! :D
    Really, I'm grateful. xD;
    I've tried practicing a bit more today, trying to get used to focussing more on things at the front. :3
    I'll try messing with the ISO more, from now on.

Back