• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen the game corner has failed again...

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I imagine it was a different reason, the Game Corner in Red Blue and Yellow had more variety as to what rare Pokemon you could get, just look at the "Great" Marsh, Caranivine(sp?) is the only thing that you'll have trouble getting on the Sinnoh rares, in RYB it was Scyther, Pinsor, Dratini, many Pokemon that were hard to get that the Game Corner allowed access to. Otherwise, it just had other generic random Pokemon to get.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I can't remember if they sold them in RSE either. But I remember that Team Rocket took over the Game Corner to make money in RBY. So maybe that's why you were able to buy them in Johto as well as Kanto but not in Hoenn or Sinnoh.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    You can't buy them in R/S/E, you can buy them in G/S/C, so yeah, i miss it sort of

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2007
    Change is good, but don't take awesome things away. Buying pokemon is cool.

Winning a Dratini in Red/Blue and then making it your main fighter was so awesome.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    I remember having to beat the elite four 20 times in one day on yellow, just to get a Porygon

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2007
    I remember having to beat the elite four 20 times in one day on yellow, just to get a Porygon

lol, good times. I don't think anyone has actually ever WON a Porygon with the slot Machines. They've just shelled out tons of cash for coins and got one.

Years
    I miss buying Pokemon for game coins, too. It took me absolutely ages to get a damn Porygon

I'm not a huge fan of D/P's Game Corner, since it costs 10,000 coins to get Ice Beam, which is like 100,000 dollars

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    yeah, it's like $5000 for 500 coins, but, beat the elite twice, and you have enough

Years
    One of the best things about the Game Corner was the fact that you could buy Pokemon. I never really played the Game Corner in RS since they stopped selling all the rare Pokemon and started selling items that I could get at the Dept. Store for thousands of coins.

I've never really bought Pokemon from the Game Corner (either never had the money to buy coins from the cashier or the patience to play the slot machines) although my brother bought Porygon in Gold. I'm currently trying to save up my money to buy a Porygon and a Dratini in Red.

jacobyoung1996

Variety Gym ******
    Years
    lol, good times. I don't think anyone has actually ever WON a Porygon with the slot Machines. They've just shelled out tons of cash for coins and got one.

i did, it took mw 74 days. (after spending every coin from the elite 4 and before to get enough eevee's for 1 of every form)

Dispiacere

The Shama Llama
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Nov 3, 2011

I DID! thats was the only thing in R/B/Y that I was good at, being able to count the reels :D

PrinceSushi

Shiny hunter and Kecleon fan!
    Years
    You could buy pokemon in G/S/C? D8
    Why don't I remember that? I remember that the game corner was fun and had games I enjoyed but I don't remember buing pokemon. D8
    Now I really need to find my crystal version.

FireTrainer92

Power is everything
    Years
    I have but really I let my grandmother play GSC-FRLG. Porygons and Flamethrowers galore.
    I could count reels on FRLG it was easy. i could get 777 threee times in a row.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 22, 2017
    You could buy pokemon in G/S/C? D8
    Why don't I remember that? I remember that the game corner was fun and had games I enjoyed but I don't remember buing pokemon. D8
    Now I really need to find my crystal version.

You can, you can buy and Abra for 100 coins, a cubone for 800 and a Wobbuffet for 1500

Ársa

k.
    Years
    I hated the fact that you only had to option of $1000 for 50 coins. It took FOREVER to get the coins to buy porygon. lol

I got fed up and sped the time up on my Stadium 2, and it still took 5 Minutes! :(

~M51

Back