• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Generations Challenge

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2017
    The Generations Challenge
    Hello, and Welcome to the Generations Challenge. This was inspired by a a virtual pet site generations Challenge I made. However, I will not go into detail as it is not necessary.
    Rules:
    1) May only start with one pokémon.
    This is the pokémon of your choice. It must start at its lowest stage, and must be evolved to its final in order to breed.
    2) Breeding
    You must have three pokemon with you, at the least, at all times.
    -Your Main
    This is the 'Founder' of the generation. Once you evolve it to its final stage it may breed.
    -Your Main Pokémon 'Partner'
    This will be the pokémon that your first one breeds with. You may only get one egg from this couple. After hatching that egg you must find another 'partner' and breed it with another 'partner', following the same pattern.
    -The back-up
    This can be any pokémon you want it to be, but what I suggest is a pokémon with an ability that will help hatch eggs quicker. This is because you need at least one pokémon with you while the other breed.
    3) Offspring
    As mentioned above, through a couple you may only have one egg. Upon getting that egg you must take your others out of the Day Care immediately. After that, you may do what you want with them, as this is the next generation. Like it's parent, it may only breed upon final evolution.
    4) Goal
    You can have any goal you want. It can be to achieve five perfect IVs, or to get a certain pokemon through breeding! (I.E: Your goal is to get a dewgong, so you breed a male Venusaur with a female Slowbro, as the are both in the monster group. Slowbro will then breed with a dewgong because they are both in the Water1 group. Viola, Dewgong.) This may help if your trying to get a certain pokemon. List of Pokemon by Egg Group

Side Note:
    This is an ongoing challenge. You may out on a current save, for example: On my Pokemon X game, I promised I will never delete it. Thankfully I have a back-up Y, which is my Challenge game. X is boring with nothing to do, so I started doing the Red Paperclip Challenge. While that can be a bit tedious,waiting for your trades to come in, I will do this challenge, and breed my perfect generation!
    Sign-Up:
    Username:
    Starter Pokemon:
    Goal:
    Game:

My Sign-Up, Challengers, and Completed Goals!
    Username: CDChaser
    Starter Pokemon: Minccino
    Goal: To breed through all egg groups
    Game: X

Challengers:
    Spoiler:

Completed Goals:
    Spoiler:

Useful Links:
    List of Pokemon by Egg Group
    Egg group Crossover Chart - Found by MIAU
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    This sounds like the perfect thing to get me back into breeding, and Pokemon actually, since I haven't touched my games in a while now. Bonus points for making this work especially well with post-game saves, since you can play this and do other stuff on the side too; as a matter of fact, I'm planning to join the red paper clip challenge with my X save as well, haha.

My sign-up:
    Username: MIAU
    Starter Pokemon: Tyrogue
    Goal: Breed all 18 17 baby Pokemon!
    Game: X

This means I'll have to do incense breeding every single time, and then evolve the babies through all sorts of methods, sounds fun and exciting. I'll be doing only 17 out of 18 because I'll have to skip either Jynx or Blissey, as both are female-only, which would break my chain. Tyrogue is male-only, which is why I'm starting with him in the first place, hehe. Fingers crossed I get male on the first try with each generation; I can see lots of duplicates with those 25% male Fairies though...

Oh and I found this egg group crossover chart, it's very helpful having a visual guide like that for this challenge :)

✎ BlueFoxCreations

Developing Pokémon Alibi
    Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2017
    Glad you can join! Thanks, I'll be updating about an hour later with my progress, as well as that I'll add a useful links sub-heading. I've added you to the sign-up. I was beginning to feel like no one would join
    Update:
    Got my Minccino through a trade in the GTS, it was a level 1 female. I got a Pancham out of the box and went and battled the elite four. After evolving Pancham into Pangoro I got my shiny stone and evolved Minccino into Cinccino. I bred them, hatched the egg, and thanked Arceus that is came out as a male Minccino. I got a female Pickachu out of the box, trained both up and evolved them with their respective stones after boxing the previous parents. I bred Raichu and Minccino and got a male Pichu as a result. I took a Marill out of the box and went to train them up. Marill evolved and I super trained my Charizard in order to get a thunderstone. I evolved Pikachu (Pichu had evolved) and bred them. My result, was a male Marill. I unboxed a female Inkay and evolved both before breeding and gaining, yet again, a male Inkay. Luck seems to be on my side. I unboxed a Magikarp (It was called CAME IN LIKE because I got it through wonder trade) and trained them both up.
    Both Malimar and Gyarados are ready to breed, but my DS has low battery and it's 10pm. I'll continue Tomorrow!

Last edited:
    Back