• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] The Ghost's palette?

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
Years
  • I'm hacking FireRed, and I want to change the ghost into something with a custom image and palette, so I can ultimately use JPAN's hacked engine (and its ghost battle with any pokemon special) to do a thing.

I found the ghost's image offset with little problem (0xE93B38), but, until I find the palette offset, my custom image will remain a purple mockery.

Can anyone help?

EDIT:
    So I used my hex editor to search through the ROM for the bytes, "383BE908", searched for any other "08" bytes in the surrounding area, converted the 3 preceding bytes back to... I wanna say big-endian... and then tested each one as a possible palette offset in NSE. One was a match, and, upon repointing to a custom palette, my custom image had the proper coloration.

If anyone else wants to know, the ghost's palette offset is 0xE93B14.

Last edited:
    Back