• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Girl Who Doesn't Age

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    So wait.Lets say she ages 16 months per 16 years. Thats 1 month for each year which would make her around 8 years old at 100 years old? The hell?

The mother said that that was simply her system for determining her age. It doesn't actually mean that she ages in that way. Besides, she still has the mental capacity of an infant at 16 years old. Doesn't look like she will be 100 at 8. More like 8 at 100.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    That's just strange. It might have something to do with the centromeres in her body. The reason I say those is because immortal cells (a certain stem call) have centromeres that never disappear. So if every cell in your body had centromeres that never disappeared, then you would only age to a certain point and stop all togethor. I haven't read about this theory in awile so I might have the wrong information, so if you're interested google "centromere immortality theory"

Ayselipera

I was thinking the girl looked 18 or something but was really 50.
    But to look like a baby and be 16 must be quite annoying for the family
    since they have a constant baby on their hands. I feel bad for the girl
    and her family :(

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    WOW and thats barely on the news now it should have been on the news when she turned at least 5 anyways i think she is a new test subject poor girl :(.

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I really do hope a real elixir of immortality doesn't come out of this.
    Think about it before you cast a retort. If humans breed and don't die, how many humans would come to exist on Earth? Cannibalism will come naturally along with a deterioration of infrastructure. Discovering how humans age is all good and well until the information is used.
    It won't be true immortality if it's just disabling the natural aging process. Even if they didn't age, people will still go to war, commit murder, commit suicide, starve, die in freak accidents, overdose on drugs, and generally abuse their own bodies.

The inability to age naturally is irrelevant if you can still die from other causes.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    It's a real live Cruxis Crystal Experiment. o3o perhaps she needs a keycrest

I just hope it doesn't kill her, it's rather fascinating, again, giving me the Tales of Symphonia vibes. o3o

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Hmm... as much as I feel bad for her, she might give us huge clues for the answer to why humans age and are mortal anyways.

幕之内 一歩

<b><font color=
    Years
    If an 'elixir' of immortality did come from this, I can pretty much guarantee you that it will most likely never reach any of our hands, if it even gets leaked.

Think about it, if something like this ever came about, the government would do everything in it's power to stop that kind of news from spreading. Moreover, if that kind of information WAS allowed to reach the worlds ears, a few things might happen:

1. Only the rich would be able to afford it, however it will probably be restricted.
    2. The formula would be destroyed and possibly the child (to prevent further study, possible kidnapping of the child to pursue study, etc)
    3. The country could be thrown into anarchy if the government chooses to restrict it.
    4. A war - possibly civil or world - could erupt.

Those are some extreme cases, and that's only if something like stopping people to age and what have you occurs.

As to the child, I feel bad for the parents, having a baby for 16 years. I can only imagine how many times they've thought about putting it up for adoption. A horrible idea I know, but any of you that knows anything about babies, the first couple years before it starts maturing are bad enough, imagine that **** for 16 years? *shudders*

HeartGoldnSoulSilver

is ready for the remakes.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    There's only one man who can solve this mystery... *House intro starts*. Lol.

Odd story, I hope the figure out what's wrong.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Wow... Thats Amazing...

Maybe she's just A warning to any of those women to complai,Whine & lie about thier age xD

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    Saying she can't die is like saying that babies can't die. She doesn't age, but she can still be killed.

And that's really, really interesting. Never would've guessed something like this happening.

Years
    Thinking about receiving a immortal gene from her worries me if people end up using it... It reminds me of a book of where they had this medication that allowed you to live long if you took the medication regularly... But they had one exception. You were not allowed to have any children. Unless you did "a life for a life" Which meant one of the parents had to die to let the child be free from being a slave... Sad. :(

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    I heard this on the news a few days ago. Pretty interesting stuff...I wonder how the parents manage taking care of her?
    There's probably gonna be a Discovery Health documentary about her soon...

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    That's pretty freaky. o_o; I agree with オレンジ, I seriously hope they don't do anything stupid or unnecessary if they do find out how to control that gene. << I see aging as a natural process; one that should never be tempered with. By anyone or with anyone. I would hate to see the results that come with it; I'm sure they wouldn't be too pretty...

Also I'm slightly confused about why people are asking if she still ages or not. I'd see it as yeah, she does. No matter what is wrong with your brain or body, you would still age I would think, right? Everything living detioriates after a while, or so I thought. I'm sure she's still deteriorating.

Years
    I wish there was more focus on quality of life rather than length of life.
    Seriously, you can already have a very long life by staying healthy.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    Sounds scary.. And confusing. x___x I hope they find out at least what's causing this, and if they can't 'cure' her, then 'cure' the next case (if there is one). It sounds really confusing to me though. o___0

Back