• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Gorillaz (!)

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    I got their CD today. They're awesome! ^^ I've always liked their song "Feel Good Inc." and I wanted to get a CD and I did and it's awesome. ^^ Currently I'm listening to "Dirty Harry".

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • They are a good band, so wierd that they display themselves through computer images though ;P

Surly Professor

is magically delicious
    Years
  • Yeah, they rock.
    I'ld show you this cool video, but I havn't made 15 posts yet; so I can't

I'm also into their constituate parts as well.
    Russell = Del the Funky Homosapien
    2D = Damon from Blur
    Noodle = Miho from Ciba Matto

~Check 'em out if you havn't yet.

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    What're the name's of the band members, can someone tell me? ^^; I don't follow names of band members too well...

QT Plusle

I'm baaaack! ^^
    Years
  • Shawn, Murdoc...I don't know about noodle and the other person, and I don't know any 2nd names but they rock! I like FEEL GOOD INC and DIRTY HARRY! w00tness! ^^

EDIT: Oh yeah, *points to another post in the thread* There is Russel too!

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2019
    o yeh ive seen them before on some shows and magazines, theyre one cool band

emoBill™

† мазохист †
    Years
  • They're OK...I don't like their music video because it's sickening...maybe the last twenty seconds is the most disgusting...but I like the rest of it. The song (audio only) is OK...I just get a little freaked out by the laughs. Makes me wonder what they're laughing about...boy it makes you think doesn't it? LOL, I got that line off of Drake and Josh. And I was talking about Feel Good Inc. up there. I like the idea of making themselves computer images. It makes me know I'm not the only one out there that likes the computer ^_^ does "Dare" have the same concept? Like...computer images? I've never seen it...unless they're isn't one for that ^_^

Surly Professor

is magically delicious
    Years
  • ~`PadfootPuppy`~ said:
    What're the name's of the band members, can someone tell me? ^^; I don't follow names of band members too well...
    Maybe if you had read the post directly a'freakin'bove you!

sheesh!

QT Plusle

I'm baaaack! ^^
    Years
  • Surly Professor said:
    Maybe if you had read the post directly a'freakin'bove you!

sheesh!

I think they meant the real names of the people who sing the songs XD. ^^ stress over nothing. Above was the names of the computer animated characters.

and I think DARE does have the same concept...if you mean like, Noodle dancing around playing the keyboard XD!

Trikip

Can you Handel this?
    Years
  • I used to think they were awesome until I found out they're gothic.

Surly Professor

is magically delicious
    Years
  • QT Plusle said:
    I think they meant the real names of the people who sing the songs XD. Above was the names of the computer animated characters.
    I guess nobody reads on these forums because I gave both real & fictional names as well as the name of the groups they were apart of before they were the Gorillaz.
    Trikip said:
    I used to think they were awesome until I found out they're gothic.
    I wonder what you think "gothic" means. lol

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    They are gothic? 0.o By the way, it would be nice to know WHICH IS WHICH. 0.o;

the skate board kid

#1 Weezer Fan
    Years
  • Ivan said:
    I highly doubt that they're gothic.

BTW, has anyone seen any of the REAL people in the band?

I was watching something on E and there were interveiwing them but there were just two guys and made up all 3 guys and 1 girl and they only exist in like animation or something like that. I think the guys do all the instruments and add them all together in later on

~TSBK~

Surly Professor

is magically delicious
    Years
  • the skate board kid said:
    I was watching something on E and there were interveiwing them but there were just two guys and made up all 3 guys and 1 girl and they only exist in like animation or something like that. I think the guys do all the instruments and add them all together in later on

~TSBK~
    There are a lot of confused people in this thread on a lot of points, but I would like to clear this one up.
    It was Jamie Hewlett (the creator of Tank Girl) that created the Gorillaz image and characters. The characters are of course just fictional personas, but each fictional member of the band does have a real-life non-fictional counterpart that makes the music. it's not just Damon Albarn (the front man) making everything it's a big collaboration between all the members already mentioned above, and a lot of their friends (Dan the Automator, Dangermouse, Doom...).
    It's completely understandable that people are confused by all this, because it's actually meant to be. They have released serveral false bios just to keep people confused about it.

BTW: Padfoot, by "which is which" do you mean which non-fictional name is which fictional name? Because I layed all that out in my first post.
    Fictional name = Non-fictional name.
    I left Murdoc out because as far as I know he could be completely fictional, but that's something that I don't think anyone knows but the band. I don't know who actually plays bass on the tracks; possibly Damon Albarn(2D).

Also, I suppose there are gothic elements in a few songs, but it's certainly not one of the dominant characteristics of the group. So, I would never call 'em gothic. Just like I wouldn't necessarily call 'em hiphop either. It's a really genre straddeling thing.
    And come on... what's gothic about Noodle? :p

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    NO. I mean how do I know if *put name here*=Blue-haired dude or purple-haired dude? 0.o;

Surly Professor

is magically delicious
    Years
  • Oh:
    2D is the vocalist with purple hair: A.K.A Damon Alburn from Blur (hot pop alternative band).
    Noodle is the asian girl guitarist: A.K.A. Miho Hatori from Cibo Matto (eccentric Japanese pop group).
    Russel is the big drummer dude: A.K.A. Del the Funky Homosapien (awesome hiphop)
    & Murdoc is the bassist with the gnarly teeth: A.K.A unknown.

If you really dig Demon Days pick up their first album, it's just self titled: Gorillaz. It's more of the same awesomosity. ;)

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    Noodle is a GIRL? *dies* Well. Nice name. ^^;

EDIT: Wait a minute, I'm confused. Here's a picture:

The Gorillaz (!)

(I never saw the skirt before... 0.o; )
    From left to right: Russel, Murdoc, 2D, and Noodle, right?

EDIT AGAIN: Do you think a chao of Noodle would look normal? 0.o;

Last edited:
    Back